Buying a new card - need your advice - 1000$ budget !

Lukas026

Hello there

I recently joined this forum and this is my first post here, so if I'll make some mistakes, please let me know :)

I had to RMA my ASUS GTX 690 and it seems noone in our country have it in stock atm. So I am wondering which card would be the best buy for me these day ? I will write down my own candidates:

ASUS GTX 780 DC2OC

GTX780-DC2OC-3GD5 - Graphics Cards - ASUS

EVGA 780 Classifed

EVGA | Products

ASUS GTX 690

GTX690-4GD5 - Graphics Cards - ASUS

Galaxy HOF 780

Galaxy

ASUS GTX Titan

GTXTITAN-6GD5 - Graphics Cards - ASUS

or I will wait for

MSI 780 Lightning

What do you think ? Any other card which I should mention ? Which one would be best ?

My concern is mostly gaming (Crysis 3 / Tomb Raider / Far Cry 3 / Metro LL).

My RIG spec:

i5 3570k @ 4.6 Ghz

Noctua NH-D 14

MSI z77 Mpower

Kingston HyperX 1600 Mhz 2x4 GB

Corsair AX750

WD Caviar Black 1TB

Fractal Design Define R4

Dell U2412M

Thank you for your replies :)

Unless you like the stock cooler of GTX 780 I really like the look of the [h=1]EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ACX Superclock[/h]I read an article Jacked-Up: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC with ACX Cooling - HotHardware that really rated the ACX cooler, meaning more headroom for overclocking or higher clocks if you don't disable gpu boost 2.0.

Unless you like the stock cooler of GTX 780 I really like the look of the EVGA GeForce GTX 780 ACX Superclock

I read an article Jacked-Up: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC with ACX Cooling - HotHardware that really rated the ACX cooler, meaning more headroom for overclocking or higher clocks if you don't disable gpu boost 2.0.

Are you not bothered about the Classified card?

Titan is the best performing card you can buy for money. However if I were you I'd go for the 780 classified, much fun for overclocking and benching. In case you want the best stock performance then you won't get around the Titan, but the price difference is ridiculous.

Titan is the best performing card you can buy for money. However if I were you I'd go for the 780 classified, much fun for overclocking and benching. In case you want the best stock performance then you won't get around the Titan, but the price difference is ridiculous.

I'm waiting for 2 Classys, but up till now the thought of missing out on a couple of Titans that might end up being the better choice kept niggling away at me. Your comments about the Classifieds' fun for overclocking and benching tips it for me.

• Founder

I'd go for the 780 classifieds for the same reasons svl7 mentioned. Of course if you want some mint titans I might sell mine soon.

Sent from my GT-I9100

ok here is one new thing:

on another forum I saw a post, where is mentioned that there is a shortage of Samsung RAM chips and becouse of this EVGA is using Elpida ones from now on on Classys.

And becouse of this, memory overclocking is not posible at all...

Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks

Wud say EVGA GeForce GTX 780 SC ACX.

ok here is one new thing:

on another forum I saw a post, where is mentioned that there is a shortage of Samsung RAM chips and becouse of this EVGA is using Elpida ones from now on on Classys.

And becouse of this, memory overclocking is not posible at all...

Can anyone confirm this ?

Thanks

Pretty sure overclock is possible on elpida but not as good as Samsung.

I was personally gonna wait and get the MSI N780GTX Lightning, but ended up getting the 780 Classified's and I don't regret it at all. I say this from a guy who always purchased an MSI Lightning every since their very first N275GTX Lightning. I've never had so much fun overclocking and benching a video card until I got the Classified's.

I think I saw the GTX 770 going for around $400. You could get two of them and run them in SLI. and get more bang for you buck. I remeber when the 670 and 680 were out people would get the 670 and overclock it to the same speeds as the 680. Unlike the 600 series though 770 and 780 aren't based off of the same GPU Model. But I don't see why that would make much of a difference.

• 1 month later...

I don't remember to have seen anything on the HC 780 but as I saw elsewhere Classy 780 member are way more than happy with them and their OC are simply.. well stunning.

OP I came from a 1176/7Ghz+ 690 to a 1254/7Ghz 780. So you might wanna read the post I made in another thread below.

http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/4760-upgrade-no.html

Anything minus 780/titan SLI and Classy/Lightning 780 is a downgrade gaming wise from a 690. But I can't really recommend the 690 anymore. I would take a Classy 780 anyday over it.

• 2 weeks later...

I just baught am evga gtx 780 classified and threw some watercooling on it... add a modded bios and you can click that badboy up to 1400mhz making it by far the most powerfull card on the market blowing away the titan

and the 780 Ti is coming soon if you want even more power as that is supposed to beat the titan at stock settings

• 1 month later...