4770k @ 5.0 Ghz

managerman

You are very lucky. My 4770k lidded cannot mantain stability at anything over 4.5GHZ (Even with VCCIN @ 2.0-2.1V and VCore @ 1.4V+). At 1.4V I'm only hitting 80*C, so IMO it's stupid to even think about the possibility of higher clocks because it'd require an insane voltage bump for 100-200mhz gain.

You are very lucky. My 4770k lidded cannot mantain stability at anything over 4.5GHZ (Even with VCCIN @ 2.0-2.1V and VCore @ 1.4V+). At 1.4V I'm only hitting 80*C, so IMO it's stupid to even think about the possibility of higher clocks because it'd require an insane voltage bump for 100-200mhz gain.

You are correct...probably not worth delidding that chip....Good candidates are ones that can hit 4.6 @1.2V....If you have a chip that can do that...It might be worth delidding.....Mine also had a very low VID at stock of .95V....

-M

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Man, sorry to hear that StamatisX.

- - - Updated - - -

Delidded my 4770k and temps dropped around 20C. Put in under water and I'm able to hit 5.0Ghz...

-M

That's good for 1.488V. Are you using static or dynamic Core Voltage, and are your FIVR regulators disabled? Will it hold a solid 5.0GHz under sustained 100% load or does it fluctuate? What kind of wPrime 32M and 1024M results are you seeing? Sorry for so many questions... yours is the first Haswell CPU I have seen that actually looks like it might be working as well as an Ivy Bridge-E or Sandy Bridge CPU. You definitely did a lot better in the silicon lottery than most Haswell adopters have. Congrats.

• 2 months later...

Lucky! I delidded and use CLP on my core, dropped my temps by 23c, but was only able to hit 4.6ghz from the 4.5ghz i had pre-delid. I didn't get too lucky on my silicon lottery, takes me 1.410bios (1.44actual) for 4.6... ekkkk Luckily my temps during avx load doesn't pass 83c, using a thermaltake water 3.0 extreme.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Champion to delidding!!! Delidding is really the only way to go. I've personally delided over 100 cpu's thus far and its crazy hoow much it helps every single one of thos cpus except for a few which are just bad silicon.

• 5 months later...