[GUIDE] AMD HD7970M with Enduro vbios modify and flashing (For P1x0EM and etc)

Aikei

But when checking with hardware monitor in 3d apps i givesme 1.0v, maybe the app is not reading correctly

Hm, I realized. First state in my guide (for 3d-perfomance mode) it is voltage for Boost mode (absent in our model), second state it is 3D-mode for gaming and etc, and it haves 1000 value (1.0v).It is therefore likely to Dell vbios for HD7970M changed both values.

Hm, I realized. First state in my guide (for 3d-perfomance mode) it is voltage for Boost mode (absent in our model), second state it is 3D-mode for gaming and etc, and it haves 1000 value (1.0v).It is therefore likely to Dell vbios for HD7970M changed both values.

So its reading correctly as 1,0v?

Thanks for the guide, and the nice performance boost! I think you also saved svl7 some time/pms

I went from a maximum 1025 MHz core overclock at 1.05V, to 1.1 GHz at 1.1V. That brought my 3DMark 11 GPU score from 7691 to 8078. :) With the back propped up by a bottlecap, it only maxed at 80*C after a half hour in Furmark, at 1100/[email protected]. No blue screens/crashes so far either. I think 1.1V is the highest I'll go, but has anyone had luck with 1.15?

Guys, I made a very dumb mistake... I used this method of being able to flash vbios's to our 7970M card (I have a Sager NP9150) with this bios:
AMD release HD 7970 Ghz bios upgrade for Reference HD 7970 !

I was just experimenting, thinking i'd be able to get back to the original vbios if It didn't work out that well. Well, here's my problem. It wouldn't flash, saying the IDs don't match, so I forced it. Then, rebooted. The Hardware ID now changed, and I could install drivers for it, but I can't activate it because of the Enduro. There's no option to enable it in Catalyst Control Center anymore. It's basically in limbo.

Installing the regular way through windows says that there is no adapter, and trying with dos from my flash drive says the same thing... My BIOS says that there is no VGA adapter, maybe because it doesn't recognize it with the new HWID?

My old HWID was: PCIVEN_1002&DEV_6800&SUBSYS_51051558&REV_00 Now it is: PCIVEN_1002&DEV_6AAF&SUBSYS_51051558&REV_00

Is there anything I could try guys? I haven't bothered with trying through DOS (on my flash drive) yet, because I read we were having difficulties...

So to summarize: I flashed a different cards vbios, now I can't use it or flash back.

@troid Try disabling ULPS. I had a simular issue with my secondary card and disabling ULPS solved the problem

Thanks, Disabled ULPS resolved the issue I was having. It's nice to have a 7970m with a standard 1000Mhz core clock :D Going to try 1075mV on Core next, curious if I can reach 1150Mhz on.. but I doubt that the standard 180WATT PSU is holding me back (already have decreased performance in 3DMARK when I increase the TDP on my 3630QM and have my 7970M clocked at 1100MHz on core compared to a run with stock TDP on my 3630qm)

Guys, I made a very dumb mistake... I used this method of being able to flash vbios's to our 7970M card (I have a Sager NP9150) with this bios:

AMD release HD 7970 Ghz bios upgrade for Reference HD 7970 !

I was just experimenting, thinking i'd be able to get back to the original vbios if It didn't work out that well. Well, here's my problem. It wouldn't flash, saying the IDs don't match, so I forced it. Then, rebooted. The Hardware ID now changed, and I could install drivers for it, but I can't activate it because of the Enduro. There's no option to enable it in Catalyst Control Center anymore. It's basically in limbo.

Installing the regular way through windows says that there is no adapter, and trying with dos from my flash drive says the same thing... My BIOS says that there is no VGA adapter, maybe because it doesn't recognize it with the new HWID?

My old HWID was: PCIVEN_1002&DEV_6800&SUBSYS_51051558&REV_00 Now it is: PCIVEN_1002&DEV_6AAF&SUBSYS_51051558&REV_00

Is there anything I could try guys? I haven't bothered with trying through DOS (on my flash drive) yet, because I read we were having difficulties...

So to summarize: I flashed a different cards vbios, now I can't use it or flash back.

Where you get this vbios?

Can you backup your current vbios with atiwinflash?

I can't find the voltage hex string in my vBIOS file. Is it possible that it's not the exact same values as in yours? Added my vBIOS as attachment

[ATTACH]8620[/ATTACH]

Your values is identical with my guide:

v.1375825393.png

Aikei, just noticed something my original bios has 0xC400 CRC but after i flash the moded bios changes to 0xC500, if ia put back the stock bios it reverts back to 0xC400. Is this suposed to happen?

there is nothing to worry about. My CRC was changing too (Current CRC 0xC700) only after few flashings of overvolted vbios. I just corrected the required CRC.

We can't change CRC to first state (possible only when flashing the factory vbios with disabled CRC checking with ATIwinflash, but it's impossible, only atiflash for dos can skip CRC checking)

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank you for your help guys. Dumb question heading your way: is the vbios stored on the bios chip itself, or within the 7970M unit? Because I've been approved for my RMA request, but I wanted to know if I have to send in my whole system or just the dGPU?

vbios stored on dGPU bios chip :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Aikei, just noticed something my original bios has 0xC400 CRC but after i flash the moded bios changes to 0xC500, if ia put back the stock bios it reverts back to 0xC400. Is this suposed to happen?

I successfully flash vbios with CRC 0x400 to my card, when it requeres CRC 0x800 and CRC of my card is 0x400 again :)

But it is estetical only, CRC haven't effect for card stability or perfomance.

I successfully flash vbios with CRC 0x400 to my card, when it requeres CRC 0x800 and CRC of my card is 0x400 again :)

But it is estetical only, CRC haven't effect for card stability or perfomance.

Nice! Is it easy to do it?

• 2 weeks later...