Lenovo Y500 Keyboard Buttons wear off

mrfrost91

I bought mine Y500 2 months ago, and around two weeks ago keyboard buttons began to wear off. Has anybody this issue too? And is it a warranty case?

Most of time I'm playing WoT on the notebook, so W, S and Shift buttons weared off first. Look at the attachement.

post-12875-14494995804409_thumb.jpg

I've seen this before on other laptops. This isn't a defect, just a case of accelerated wear-and-tear due to excessive usage, and I doubt you'll be able to convince Lenovo to cover it under warranty. All I can say is you've been using your laptop too much. :playful:

Also, if you tend to sweat a lot on your hands when you game, you should wipe down the keyboard after usage. Sweat is slightly corrosive and leaving it on the keys can speed up the rate at which the keys wear off.

I've seen this before on other laptops. This isn't a defect, just a case of accelerated wear-and-tear due to excessive usage, and I doubt you'll be able to convince Lenovo to cover it under warranty. All I can say is you've been using your laptop too much. :playful:

Also, if you tend to sweat a lot on your hands when you game, you should wipe down the keyboard after usage. Sweat is slightly corrosive and leaving it on the keys can speed up the rate at which the keys wear off.

^ Agreed, also, you can replace the worn out key here: Lenovo IdeaPad Y500 Laptop Keys or any other OEM part seller (BTW I'm not affiliated w/laptopkey but I have used them before & got an original part). You'll only need the key cap.

Once you've replaced the key, you also put a rubber keyboard cover over the keyboard. You can get one here (again not affiliated just a quick amazon search): Amazon.com: Coolskin Clear TPU Keyboard Cover Skin for Lenovo Ideapad Y580,Y570,Y570D,Y500,Z580,Z560,Z565,Z570,Z575 Size: 12.2x5.1x0.1, Color : Clear: Computers & Accessories

Hope this gives you some ideas :)