Faster Than Light

• 3 weeks later...

I liked it a lot. Although I had never really played any "rogue" type games before, so permaDeath was kind of a shock.. Once I finished the game, I download a mod to disable the fleet from chasing you, which allowed me to visit every system/planet.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

FTL is great. I haven't even managed to beat it on easy yet, but it's crazy fun. There are so many possible strategies. Try using Ion weapons to disable enemy O2 systems. If you do it right you can suffocate the enemy crew and defeat them without destroying their ships. You get way more scrap that way. It only works in early levels though in my experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't usually play this kind of games but heard good things about it. So I bought it with the Humble Bundle and I really loved the game.

The music ans sound effects create a very special atmosphere and you really feel totally lost in space.

And I liked the texts describing each zone, it made me get some "paper role playing game feelings", like you must imagine the scene just with the description.

I got to the last zone in normal but still could not beat it (I have not played it for a while because I have many other games to play)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Pixel Piracy got it on steam couple of months ago I love the game logic where you buy and sell products and hire pirates FTL comes close to it but it's just in space the game style is different I agree with you about FTL :D

• 3 weeks later...
Run FTL on HARD mode. It is not a hard mode. It is impossible mode.

Pick Cerenkov. Realizing that you are run out of backup battery. - KaBoom. Your ship is now torn a part. Thank you for playing FTL.

-> Typical FTL play.

It is beatable on Hard, though defeat in roguelikes is expected and is part of learning experience.

You should try to learn what setups fit what ships, and how to get most of your situation.

Try looking for LethalFrag play videos on YouTube, I learned a lot from him.