I was browsing the others forums and I come across this picture. I would die for a paint job like this, so here is the question, do you think this is achievable in our M18x which is an aluminum cover?

I know inap aka iloveboobs aka iwillkeepyoudistractedwithmydesktops did and awesome job on his m17x-R2? Do you think this is doable with the the 3m tape?

Wait a minute, It was you INAP!! OMG wow nice job, now do you think this can be done in the m18x?

post-135-14494987865082_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• Founder

It can be done if you take it to a car paint shop and have them sand blast the shell and then powder coat it. I asked around about it because I was tempted to do it to my R2.

Yeah that was my M15x, it was a magnesium case, but should be the same for aluminum. Had the powder coat shop blast it and powder coated for like $60. But I recommend buying a spare case. Was thinking about contacting colorware to see what they can do, since they do the soft touch paint like dell is using now.

The white r2 case was done by speedy, he painted it with automotive paint. Came out looking hella sweet. I bought and sold it already.

Edited by iloveb00bs
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

That's cool man, you're the first person I know of who actually has a high end alienware desktop. I'm more of a custom build desktop guy, but I love some of the case features.