Need game recommendations!

Yo!

I love Indie Games (I also like to play mainstream games too such as the Call of Duty Franchise and Halo) but some indie titles that I recommend are:

Mark of Ninja - Badass game with a cool, dark ambiance about it

Braid - This indie game uses time, a pretty cool concept

Trine 1 and 2 - this one of the best side-scrolling, platforming games I have every played.

Support your favorite Indie developers, they need some lovin too!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You want games with character, fun and a grand old time, try these:

Star Control II - One of the best space soap opera game. You can have this for free at The Ur-Quan Masters - News

post-20187-14494996467903_thumb.jpg

Here's the background story courtesy of Wikipedia:

The events of the plot occur twenty years after the Ur-Quan Slave War pitting the New Alliance of Free Stars against the Ur-Quan Hierarchy.

The Hierarchy has won. The old Alliance is in ruins; the only members that are not slave shielded, the Yehat, have become Battle Thralls of the Ur-Quan Kzer-Za. The two Ur-Quan subspecies, the Kzer-Za and the Kohr-Ah, are locked in a Doctrinal Conflict, and the Hierarchy is left unattended. Meanwhile, on the second planet of the Vela system, Unzervalt, a huge underground installation of the Precursors is found by a group of stranded scientists turned colonists, an installation that soon turns out to be a starship factory. The colonists build a ship which they hope to use to return on Earth, and assign The Captain to lead it.

Soon, The Captain finds out about the situation and sets on a quest to return freedom to the races in our region of space. He eventually succeeds to destroy the Ur-Quan's most powerful weapon, the Sa-Matra, and speed up the hybridization of two old Alliance races, the Chenjesu and theMmrnmhrm. The resulting race, the Chmmr, using their powerful Avatar battleships and aided by the other races of the New Alliance, are able to vanquish the fleets of the Ur-Quan, bringing peace to the region at last.

If you enjoyed this. come back, I know more ;-).

Zen

Really struggling to find any new games that captivate my interested. I loved Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite but I'm struggling to love Far Cry 3, Crysis 3 and Metro Last Light and probably won't complete these titles.

I think I value a really good story and would be willing to try older games, I just need something to play!

I am aware of steam summer sale and am keeping a close eye on what is cheap but still haven't seen anything I want to play.

I'd really appreciate some recommendations and why specifically you liked that game.

Thanks!

A not so well known indie game that I really loved was to the moon. Excellent storyline though gameplay is ok.

Others that I always recommend to people are Mass Effect series, Batman Arkham series, Torchlight, Dragon age and Elder scrolls series.

Are you into RPGs? If so I'd try the Elder Scroll series, specifically Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. All three can be modded to kingdom come and as such are pretty much immortal (Morrowind has an active community 11 years after release). In addition there is Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, which are made by the same company as the Elder Scrolls series and as such can also be modded to a starling degree. Even without mods however, all of them can last you well over 100 hours without the expansions.

What about multiplayer games? If you like FPS then I implore you to download Planetside 2 if you haven't already. It's free to play, but has the most massive battles of any FPS in existence. Make sure you get so friends to join you, as it's not the best experience solo. Then there's Chivalry Medieval Warfare (and Deadliest Warrior) along side War of the Roses (and War of the Vikings). Both series are entirely different beasts in terms of play style, but they are both extremely enjoyable arena style games. They have no single player to speak of, save their respective tutorials, so initially prepare yourself to be killed, a lot haha.

Thanks for all the recommendations. This is turning into a great thread. I've got quite a game library building up.

Don't doubt that I'm itching to replay Witcher 2, Mass Effect series (as Adept) and a few other titles mentioned here.

Right now I'm playing the new Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag. Not really a fan of others in the Assassins Creed series but the pirate element and ship commanding as well as the Caribbean setting are most excellent.

I'm thoroughly enjoying it. I'm also playing it on near max settings on my overclocked 7970M :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Good story? Anything made by Bioware. :)

Did you try Deus Ex Human Revolution? I just started it, and it looks pretty good to me.

I played the Non-Directors Cut. It was OK but couldnt hold up to the trailers and my expectations. The directors cut got some thing better but still i cant rly recommend it. Have you played Dark Souls yet?

Haven't played dark souls yet but I hear its ridiculously difficult. I actually decided to replay my favourite game ever: dragon age origins. Simply brilliant. How did they go so wrong with the second one? Sent from my One S running 4.4.2
I agree with this. Dark Souls is a great game though regardless of the difficulty. Even then, most of it is just patience, not entirely difficulty. Dragon Age Origins is amazing.A game I'd suggest is Mirror's Edge. Great running around game.