Lenovo y500 wifi reach

Rik Pierlo

If the card is installed properly (proper antenna attachment), the only other thing you can do is improve the source of the signal (wireless router), or get a triple antenna card and attach a third antenna.

HI, Hows the preformance of the 6235? Ive just gotten my hands on intel 6230 ( budget kills me), but im still waiting for my fifth post to download the necessary files.

The card thats installed on my laptop now is a Atheros card. I get very weak signals compared to my intel 1030 in my MSI gt783.

I also had your problem, awaiting my first post. I also had the atheros card, wow that thing is messed up. So i ordered the 6235 for 20 euro (budget??), now my signal is much improved. Also speeds are very high, much higher then the atheros. Its very much worth the upgrade!

I also had your problem, awaiting my first post. I also had the atheros card, wow that thing is messed up. So i ordered the 6235 for 20 euro (budget??), now my signal is much improved. Also speeds are very high, much higher then the atheros. Its very much worth the upgrade!

Here in my country the cards are expensive due to the tax + shipping :/

Hello guys,

I'm having problem with its blutooth ( intel 6230) . After installation, the bluetooth works, but after restarting won't work. I have to reinstall again so that it will be enabled. I use it for my motionjoy software for ps3 controller pairing @_@. Never had problems with my other laptops because it has a dedicated bluetooth button. In my y500 I cant turn it on because no hot key for bluetooth.

Any help would be great. Thanks

I've tried an intel 6235, and a 7260 both have ok signal but still lower than my y470p with a 6250 and the old lady's acer that has a 6250 as well and my desktop that has a 6300, so crappy antenna placement or the brushed aluminum maybe hinders the signal.

Hey guys,

just flashed my bios, everything worked great with the help etc. now i place an intel advanced-n 6235 but im still wondering if i can improve my signal? Anyone know something?

There are some options that can improve your WiFi signal;

• Place your router / access point in a place where there is as little interference as possible (avoid junction boxes).
  • If your in a place like an apartment/flat/student housing where there are alot of WiFi networks, try changing the channels.
  • Extend the range of your network with another accesspoint or range extender.

I also got problems with my Y500 WIFI range. I tries everything (drivers, unplug antenna, modify the wlan adapter settings).

problem solved for me i was put the router 2 meters away from the position located and now.... IT WORKS!

Before it was unpossible to play any online games, they all disconnected after few seconds/minutes.

Guys try another location for your routers.

Cheers