What is your preferred method of transporting your laptop?

Thread is a bit old but I'll post my recommendation for others. I've found the Swiss Army backpacks to have great quality. A simple sleeve or thin tote wouldn't work for me...my backpack is basically a man purse. ;) But the reason I recommend them is they are durable, last a long time and have lots of storage pockets. They also have a lot of styles on their website or you can go to Best Buy and choose from their stock.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for a while i used a messenger bag, then i switched to a nice leather laptop case but i found it didn't have enough room for a charger and any extras i wanted to bring with me. now i use a swiss backpack with a laptop pouch inside it fits all my stuff comfortably and it has room for anything else i need and if i'm worried about bumps and dings along the way i can always toss a few t-shirts in there for extra padding.

Well I started this thread and finally found my favorite case. I ended up finding it buried in the back of the church I work at. It looks like it was made for laptops. Not sure what brand it is but it works well. Here are some pics

post-13091-14494996722434_thumb.jpg

It was a bit beat up when I found it but I am also a bit rough with my cases so works for me. Still have no idea how to change the locking combination, didn't see any mechanism on the back of the locks.

post-13091-14494996720167_thumb.jpg

post-13091-14494996720749_thumb.jpg

post-13091-14494996721374_thumb.jpg

post-13091-14494996721905_thumb.jpg

I generaly use a large and heavy case to transport my gaming laptop, it has enough room for my computer and cooler in the laptop spot. The is a side strap that I squeeze my mouse into. My power adapter/ headphones/etc. go in the outer pouch.

I carry my Lenovo Y500 and all of its accessories in a Swissgear computer backpack. It has a 15.6" screen and fits just right. I've never had an issue.

However, I must warn you. If you're a pet owner, make sure there is NO HAIR in or around your enclosed machine. I've gotten some nasty scratches from packing it away dirty and on days with a lot of walking. (I only warn b/c I wish someone had told me that brushed aluminum can be mutilated by animal dander.) Good luck finding what works good for you.

This is the backpack: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0019M7WFE/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 3 weeks later...

Backpack with a hefty laptop sleeve built in. Mainly because I have books for class, papers, and a bevy of accessories/tech toys tossed inside. Heavy as lead, but it's a good workout...

The only issue with this is at least for me, the backpack is unstable... it falls over without warning... may be my load configuration, but something to be wary of. I've frequently had it fall off tables an the like (hence they hefty sleeve choice).

I am a backpack fan. I travel a lot and the comfort that a backpack gives in an airport or just around town on travel is unbeatable. I wear through my backpacks pretty fast but I tend to stick with Caselogic backpacks with a nice built in laptop sleeve for protection. Their backpacks have a nice shoulder cushioning system.

• 3 weeks later...

I travel quite a bit for work and over time found backpacks with a dedicated, cushioned notebook pocket travel better than cases nor shoulder bags. Sleeves are nice... when you bring your computer to your friends house, not protective or durable enough for frequent traveling.

• 2 weeks later...

Sony TT user here. I'm a big proponent of pockets, and actually have modified several jackets to that my TT will fit in the interior breast pocket (right side). Notepad and pens goes in other breast pocket (left side), another pocket holds the AC adapters for both my phone and laptop (also right side), wallet in left pants pocket, phone in right, keys in front left jacket pocket. Right front jacket pocket reserved for misc. use. It sounds bulkier than it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I use tragus backpack (im a backpack man, mostly because of freedom of movement with the backpack) for my MSI GT70. Since the laptop is not to slim it barely fits in, but because of that it sits there tightly and secure. Cant really say if its safe enuf since i try to be extremely cautios with such expensive gear, but given that back one side of the unit is protected by my back and the other by thick layers of the backpack i would say that bottom side is the weak spot, as there is close to no protection. I havent experienced any problems with water resistance, and i have to mention that the backpack (loaded) have seen a few Down poustawial