STEAM Summer Sale 2013

Brian

• Founder

So which games have you guys purchased this year from the summer sale? I just picked up Witcher 2 and Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 since I've wanted both of those games for sometime now but never really enough to pay full retail for them. If you don't know what the STEAM summer sale is, you can read about it here: http://www.techinferno.com/2013/07/13/steam-summer-sale-2013-july-11-july-22/

• Thumbs Up 2

contemplating DisplayFusion. i've always only used the freeware version. 69% off the 29.99 regular price tag ain't such a bad deal. oh wait a minute, did you say which games...? 50% off 3dmark and 3dmark11 both sound pretty good too. :encouragement:

I highly recommend getting Civilization V Gold Edition (comes with DLC's and expansion; 50% off till july 22 i think?). Its a turn-based strategy game but it's much more appealing than a TBS game would seem. A lot of my friends who don't play turn-based (or even strategy for that matter) actually enjoyed the game when they decided to give it a chance. The latest expansion (Brave New World) has also been the best release yet IMO, bringing many new features to the table. Of course if you don't like strategy then its a gamble... but you can still download the demo.

Also, Amazon is trying to do a summer sale of their own and some of their prices beat steams by a lot. If you type "steam summer sale" in amazon search you will see a few games. If you go to checkout with those games and type the coupon code "gooncave", you will get an additional discount.

I was thinking about getting The Witcher 2, I heard that was a great game.

Witcher 2 is an excellent game. Combat is very challenging but once you get the hang of it, combat on any other game seems dumb-witted. Also there is a new combat mechanics upgrade with the Redkit Mod that adds new animations and removes the need to roll around so much.

I just purchased Knife of Dunwall for Dishonoured in Steam sale. Wasn't a huge fan of Dishonoured but I will give it another go trying to cause as little chaos as possible. First play through I killed everyone for maximum chaos. The whole place just ended up being infested with rats and zombies!

New DLC on the way soon too!

• Founder
Just bought 3 more games:

[RIGHT]The Secret World [/RIGHT]

14.99 USD
[RIGHT]Dishonored (ROW) [/RIGHT]

10.19 USD
[RIGHT]Mark of the Ninja [/RIGHT]

3.74 USD
[RIGHT]Dishonored - Void Walkers Arsenal DLC [/RIGHT]

1.35 USD
[RIGHT]Dishonored - The Knife Of Dunwall DLC [/RIGHT]

3.39 USD
[RIGHT]Dishonored: Dunwall City Trials [/RIGHT]

1.69 USD
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]

[H][/HR]
[RIGHT]Subtotal:[/RIGHT]

35.35 USD
[RIGHT]Tax:[/RIGHT]

0.00 USD
[RIGHT][/RIGHT]

[H][/HR]
[RIGHT]Total:[/RIGHT]

35.35 USD

• Founder

I'm having a lot of fun with Mark of the Ninja. Price was very good and the game is surprisingly fun with some very nice artwork and animation.While the story isn't anything great, the gameplay is extremely addicting and you can probably run it off an Intel iGPU. I've got the game running on my Sony VAIO + NVIDIA GT 640M and it runs butter smooth. I highly recommend you guys grab it before its off sale (if it isn't already).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbDvYP0wGpI

• Thumbs Up 1

Went into this sale not expecting to spend too much considering I only recently got a decent gaming capable PC, I'm leaving the sale having spent well upwards of £70.

My steam library has expanded from a measly 4-7 games, to 59 in the space of the sale.

I guess I kinda have a huge backlog of games to play through now.

Ahh well, definitely worth it lol :)

Went into this sale not expecting to spend too much considering I only recently got a decent gaming capable PC, I'm leaving the sale having spent well upwards of £70.

My steam library has expanded from a measly 4-7 games, to 59 in the space of the sale.

I guess I kinda have a huge backlog of games to play through now.

Ahh well, definitely worth it lol :)

Lucky you! I was tempted to get the Fallout New Vegas complete pack but that would be many hours of my life and not sure if those graphics will be up-to-date.

May give sleeping dogs a look.

Lucky you! I was tempted to get the Fallout New Vegas complete pack but that would be many hours of my life and not sure if those graphics will be up-to-date.

May give sleeping dogs a look.

Yeah I ended up grabbing both Fallout 3 GOTY, and New Vegas Ultimate. They both look a bit dated, not as bad as I expected to be honest, but I ended up modding the textures on Fallout 3 to be higher-res, an used an ENB mod for the graphics, an I have to say I think the game looks beautiful now, only problem is the high-res textures are only for the main game, the DLC is all the standard textures. You can do similar with F:NV I just haven't gotten round to it yet.