[SOFWARE MOD] Light FX dynamic link library

savvas

Hey @savvas,

Just found this: https://baggett-scripts.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/set-kbled.ps1

It's a very simple Powershell script which allows to use WMI to set HTML colors for the keyboard. Seems that Clevo Hotkey exposes a WMI interface which is rather easy to access.

Just have to querry the WMI device for "select * from CLEVO_GET" -namespace "root\WMI"

And set the value using SetKBLED

As it uses HTML codes to set the color you can use now more than 8 colors.. which is just awesome.

The PS script works nicely on my Clevo P157SM-A, and as it uses the exposed standard WMI I guess it will work on many more clevo devices.

Any chance you could have a look at your code and get Light FX Mod working again? Nobody knows your code better than you do.

Hope there is a posibility to have this up and working again.

Greetings.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2015 at 8:53 PM, rkk said:

Hey @savvas,

Just found this: https://baggett-scripts.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/set-kbled.ps1

It's a very simple Powershell script which allows to use WMI to set HTML colors for the keyboard. Seems that Clevo Hotkey exposes a WMI interface which is rather easy to access.

Just have to querry the WMI device for "select * from CLEVO_GET" -namespace "root\WMI"

And set the value using SetKBLED

As it uses HTML codes to set the color you can use now more than 8 colors.. which is just awesome.

The PS script works nicely on my Clevo P157SM-A, and as it uses the exposed standard WMI I guess it will work on many more clevo devices.

Any chance you could have a look at your code and get Light FX Mod working again? Nobody knows your code better than you do.

Hope there is a posibility to have this up and working again.

Greetings.

Hey, I'm using Clevo P771DM and quite excited by the ps script, it's the first time I've been able to control my clevo keyboard lights! Would you know how I would go about modifying

that color array to accept a hex or rgb string without hardcoding all of the colours?

So we could do SET-KBLED -StringColor "FF0000"

//in params
[ValidateSet(<HERE?>)][string]$StringColor,

if ($StringColor -NE "" ) {
        $col0 = [Convert]::ToUInt32("F0" +$myhex[$this], 16)
        $col1 = [Convert]::ToUInt32("F1" +$myhex[$this], 16)
        $col2 = [Convert]::ToUInt32("F2" +$myhex[$this], 16)
        $clevo.SetKBLED( $col0  )
        $clevo.SetKBLED( $col1  )
        $clevo.SetKBLED( $col2  )
    }

Dev has released http://epocapp.bitbucket.org/milight/ Maybe we can trick this software to parse the screen colour values to the script?

I've rebuilt "Backlight Controller with LightFX" to v0.0.6.1 and it now runs on windows 10 but doesn't affect the lights, any help here would be

greatly appreciated, I don't know ps or cs just doing my best to figure this out. I think it would be best to avoid the alienfx api if we can so

all games are compatible.

• 2 weeks later...