650M Custom Voltage Y500

chad2625

So I use the custom bios for 650M (Y500) Great Work. I was reading the thread for the Y580 with a custom Voltage for 650M. in my Y500. I suspect that it might work, but before I Brick my laptop I wanted to get a confirmation. I Know that different cards even though they are the same model, could be different especially in laptops (less standardization).

Thanks

Chad

You can now use software to overvolt the 650m using SVL7's v2.04 BIOS mod. From my testing so far using nvidiainspector to overvolt and overclock, the most it'll let me do is about 1250 Mhz core, at 1.15~1.187 volts max for the P0 state. However, it wont lock the gpu at P0 (boost state). Attempting to increase the voltage any more will usually see the gpu throttle down to 1.15 volts max, even if temperatures are below 85C. Even with those limitations, 1250 core @ 1.15v gives me a 3dmark11 score of 3440! Quite nice.

You can now use software to overvolt the 650m using SVL7's v2.04 BIOS mod. From my testing so far using nvidiainspector to overvolt and overclock, the most it'll let me do is about 1250 Mhz core, at 1.15~1.187 volts max for the P0 state. However, it wont lock the gpu at P0 (boost state). Attempting to increase the voltage any more will usually see the gpu throttle down to 1.15 volts max, even if temperatures are below 85C. Even with those limitations, 1250 core @ 1.15v gives me a 3dmark11 score of 3440! Quite nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks! I just gave this a try and compared the pre-overclock/volt benchmark with post in 3DMark11 and it bumped me up ~900 points. 2322 vs. 3286

For what it's worth, I installed the 320.49 Nvidia driver just before doing both tests.