Reference Geforce GTX 680 SLI (WC) crashes

unphoto

Hi guys,

I just finished setting up my Water cooled SLI setup.

It's made up of 2 reference GTX 680 card's:

Zotac ID 0

EVGA ID 1

I used the same waterblock on both so i know for sure that they are a match as far as the reference part is concerned.

They are both 2GB versions and have the same clock settings (GPU-Z)

So here's the thing:

When i overclock the cards individually they have an awesome reach of 1303MHZ on the core and +400 on MEM.

This is something i almost never run on but it can do Battlefield 3 on 2560x1440 with everything max (duh..) @100fps.

When i overclock in SLI, i can see the boost clock messes things up (Meter) and the slave card boosts lower and therefor uses less voltages and so it crash almost immediately.

I can't even slide the Core + 40Mhz in AfterBurner and the cards crash....

so i used kgb on the BIOS (xxxx.rom) and used nvflash to flash the new bios (1.212v) and even then i still really can't get a high clock.

I custom fitted bioses in a multitude of variations and it never really is stable beyond stock..

Help?

• 3 weeks later...

you should try to find out a balance point of the VGA Voltage for both cards, usually that is the default voltage(or the max safe voltage) of the less overclockable one, use EVGA percision software, don't overclock to Max in SLI mode, that's my personal experience since 460SLI to 780SLI. recently, some one is trying add Boost 2.0 into GTX 680 by modding the BIOS, it is being tested right now, the finished version should be released in this month, then you might want to try it by taking advantage of the Boost 2.0 thermal control since you use water cooling. link tohe Boost 2.0 BIOS for 680/670 ★★è¯è¯´æˆ‘å·²ç»èƒ½å¤Ÿè®©680/670/660Ti支æŒBoost 2.0★★ - é¡¶çº§å›¾å½¢å¡ - Chiphell - 分享与交æµç”¨æˆ·ä½“éªŒçš„æœ€ä½³å¹³å° - Powered by Discuz!