Help> Overclock Mpower Max and 4770k

zupernico

I have a 4770k Batch L312, 4800 in windows, but don't benchmark whith it.

I change thermal past to IHS, now is better but not to much ......

4o4n.jpg

8uao.jpg

The temperatures are not very high, but I can not up more the cpu frecuency, i don't know how. I have msi mpower max. You know some guide?? how to set this bios?? :(

jfjo.th.png

ir.th.png

fw7.th.png

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Yes you will need to add some voltage, but that will definitely cause extra heat. With that motherboard you should have a single page guide that shows safe voltage settings for air, covering CPU, Ram, and Ring Voltage - just use these as a guide (MSI Z87 Platform OC Setting Reference Table - hwbot.org) . I have now tested 10 cpus on air and under LN2 - if you have a CPU that boots into windows at 4800 you definitely have a good cpu (probably very good). The duds will bench 4.3 / 4.4 (luckily I have not had one this bad), most will bench 4.5 / 4.6 no problem (7 of 10 for me), a much smaller percentage will bench at 4.7 (3 out of 10 for me), I didn't see one in 10 that would do 4.8. I would start by setting CPU Volts manually at 1.25V and work up slowly from there. I was using 1.35V for my testing.