[SOFTWARE MOD] Backlight Controller with LightFX

savvas

WOW i just want to say I am sooo glad i found this i was looking for something like this with better conntrol. on my Backlight :) was just wondering my bother has Alienware is there a way to get the Audio effect on his laptop ?

- - - Updated - - -

just wanted to let jou know that with mine that uses optumis it cant detect the temps for the GPU both Intel and NVIDIA :)

No, this one here is designed only for Clevos. Alienware use a different approach. There is a winamp plugin for Alienware included with their command center software. Tell him to look into it.

GPU temperature monitoring in optimus works only for the Nvidia card and it detects it's temperature only when it's active. So you probably have to set the software to always use the Nvidia card via the optimus control panel. That ofcourse means that your battery won't last that long...

• Thumbs Up 1

No, this one here is designed only for Clevos. Alienware use a different approach. There is a winamp plugin for Alienware included with their command center software. Tell him to look into it.

GPU temperature monitoring in optimus works only for the Nvidia card and it detects it's temperature only when it's active. So you probably have to set the software to always use the Nvidia card via the optimus control panel. That ofcourse means that your battery won't last that long...

new version is out.

0.0.5.8: 14/10/13

-added theme support

-fixed colorwheel bug now showing properly on custom color cycle panel

-added brightness driven only mode to audio panel

Since this version has themes, i suggest anyone interested in making a theme to read the first post as well as the theme.txt and readme.txt in the "template" folder theme.

ALSO, anyone who makes a theme please either post it here or send it to me.

@clementk: Mate check out the audio mode you asked, see if it's working OK and let me know

wow that was Fast :D and yeah it works perfectly :D and also just wanted to tel you that on the previous version this time it worked fine just to let you know i had a bit of trouble with the Laptops sleep mode where the light dint go on again hat to refresh them this time seems like it fine now :).

Okay i had been thinking of stuff that could be added to make it better. the one thing i though would be really amazing but i don't know how had it would be to add is if you could make the keyboards 3 regains try to match the colour on the screen in the regain o most like ambient lighting but on keyboard. But like i said i don't know if it would even be possible as your app will need to know whats on the screen for that to happen.

wow that was Fast :D and yeah it works perfectly :D and also just wanted to tel you that on the previous version this time it worked fine just to let you know i had a bit of trouble with the Laptops sleep mode where the light dint go on again hat to refresh them this time seems like it fine now :).

Okay i had been thinking of stuff that could be added to make it better. the one thing i though would be really amazing but i don't know how had it would be to add is if you could make the keyboards 3 regains try to match the colour on the screen in the regain o most like ambient lighting but on keyboard. But like i said i don't know if it would even be possible as your app will need to know whats on the screen for that to happen.

PM me if you like with a bit more info and we'll see what we can do :)

Last update, like the changelog says, fixed the bugged color wheel on custom cycle mode, but it still seems to happen on normal custom mode for me. Not sure if it can be fixed the same way!

It's great seeing how this mod is developing in time!

Last update, like the changelog says, fixed the bugged color wheel on custom cycle mode, but it still seems to happen on normal custom mode for me. Not sure if it can be fixed the same way!

It's great seeing how this mod is developing in time!

will do mate

Just an FYI, running win 8.1 on a p170em. Awesome app, all features work. The app is very laggy though and punkbuster doesn't like the game integration. Game integration does work though!

Can you be more specific? Laggy in what way? Does it happen on all the modes or on some only?

When you say game integration, you mean the lightFX some games support? What does punkbuster say?

• 2 weeks later...

new version out,

0.0.6.0: 2/11/13

-added effect 'adaptive color'. Mode to drive colors/brightness based on aero color or average screen color

-fixed colorwheel bug now showing properly on custom color panel

-fixed not resuming after sleep bug

-added tray access to effects& profiles

make sure to read first post for video and instructions on new effect

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty cool. Does the average screen color mode hurt performance much? Is there a mode to slowly dim brightness based on time, simular to the f.lux program?

about the performance you'll have to experiment and see. For example i tried battlefield 4 with 50ms and i didn't notice any performance drop.

The f.lux trick was actually the next thing i was planning. Brightness will be driven by time or webcam capture if all goes well

Battlefield is a goid stress test. So that is great. Good news on the f.lux trick as well. Glad you will have the choice of time or webcam, as I would assume the webcam will pull more power. Also the webcam can be sensitive to where it is pointed, i.e. a bright light, a dark shirt, etc., or at least the auto-brightness on my tablet is sensitive.

Once again, great job.