[SOFTWARE MOD] Backlight Controller with LightFX

savvas

Thanks for this great program.

Is it possible to add a feature like in PizzaDude's original backlight program, to make center light indicate whether dedicated or IGP are activated and adjust GPU temp accordingly? So if IGP is active, have colors change to IGP temp, if dedicated is active, have colors change to dedicated temp?

Interesting piece of software, however I cannot find the source code.

Could someone please tell me where I can find it?

it's not yet available mate... patience

you're a programmer too?

- - - Updated - - -

Savvas, the Admin Privileges are already fixed? I can't see the temps on the menu...

I'll look into it

it's not yet available mate... patience

In that case you might want to change "This is free software" to something like "This is Freeware" or use the word gratis, because I think your software does not (yet) meet the criteria of "free software" as defined by the Free Software Foundation.

For those out there who are interested in the topic:

The Free Software Definition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Debian Free Software Guidelines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Open Source Definition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am looking forward to browsing through your code, once it is released.

you're a programmer too?

Yes, I program mainly in C++ and C#.

I am co-author (together with svl7 and geischtli) of the "little" outdated VBios Patcher.

http://forum.techinferno.com/tech%7Cinferno-vbios-patcher/1767-vbios-patcher-releases-changelog.html

new version:

0.0.5.1: 17/7/13

-Fixed starting with Windows with Administrative rights (You will still need to run the app as Administrator in order to set this option)

-Minor fixes in resizing

-Fixes in trigger mechanism

How do I get profile triggering to work?

I made two profiles for two different programs but whenever I start or exit them, the keyboard color doesn't change.

it's fixed in today's version

Great news on the upcoming lighting control software, we dearly need something better than the stock Clevo effort. A cool touch would be a fade into your profile/user setting from the default Blue (I believe that is start-up default for all Clevo machines). Would look much better than the current jarring jump. If you need another tester, I'm running P370EM, 680M Sli with Prima's bios mod and SL7's VBios Mod.

With every version this gets better and better, keep it up guys. You may like to include how to install instructions in the zips and maybe a sort guide on the functions.

Also hoping for a fade into user profile (as above) at some point, maybe even a colour mixer (if possible) would love a orange keyboard lol

With every version this gets better and better, keep it up guys. You may like to include how to install instructions in the zips and maybe a sort guide on the functions.

Also hoping for a fade into user profile (as above) at some point, maybe even a colour mixer (if possible) would love a orange keyboard lol

the first part is in planning

the custom coloring i'm afraid isn't going to happen unless Clevo themselves decide to change their implementation

the first part is in planning

the custom coloring i'm afraid isn't going to happen unless Clevo themselves decide to change their implementation

Shame Clevo didn't try a bit harder with their lighting control software/API, MSI AW are way better. However you guys have made Clevo's effort far more usable and the new effects/functions are welcomed.

I look forward to upcoming versions and seeing what new/improved effects/functions you'll bring us. Keep at it guys !

Small question to custom coloring:

Is it theoretically possible to address individual keys or is this bound to the hardware?

Same goes for combining colors.

Just want to know if this is a software-limitation by Clevo or a hardware-side limitation.

Small question to custom coloring:

Is it theoretically possible to address individual keys or is this bound to the hardware?

Same goes for combining colors.

Just want to know if this is a software-limitation by Clevo or a hardware-side limitation.

No keys cant be addressed individually, Clevo's are all 3 zone keyboards tied to hardware. As for colour combining/mixing that also appears to be tied to the hardware, what Clevo has given us is all we are getting.

No keys cant be addressed individually, Clevo's are all 3 zone keyboards tied to hardware. As for colour combining/mixing that also appears to be tied to the hardware, what Clevo has given us is all we are getting.

yeah the 3 zones is non negotiable. It's hardware.

Colors are probably hardcoded in the EC firmware. It is possible that if Clevo rewrote that part of the firmware to accept proper color codes it would work. Don't see it happening though.

Brightness is controlled via software, it is defined in an integer scale from 0 to 10. Personally i find it easier to use the keyboard shortcut than having to open a program to do it though

So it could be possible to add a 50% brightness level to the default colours, e.g. Bright Red (100%) and a Dark Red (50%) which could effectively double the colour palette (well sort of double it as we cant do custom colours). Just a idea.