iOS 7 New Changes

dhruhin

What do you guys think of the first ever Scott Forstall-free iOS? I personally like the changes, but wouldn't mind performance improvements. Yes, iPhone 4 has the same performance, but the iPhone 5 did lose some of its speed when upgraded to the latest OS. In addition, I, as a developer, expected more APIs to be released... Yet, all of the design changes are well made. What do you guys think the new iOS brings?

They finally added SBSettings as a fast-access control center. It looks very very well polished. I love the new parallax effect but I hope it won't be too taxing on the battery life. Here's some videos:

I think they added some more features from Android (the moving background I believe). I like the design but I imagine there'll be haters. :P

• 2 weeks later...
It looks refreshing. The only thing I don't like is that translucent control center with monochrome text/icons. Also, some of the app icons aren't great.

My thoughts exactly! What happened to the app icons.. seemed like they fired their graphic designers..

My thoughts exactly! What happened to the app icons.. seemed like they fired their graphic designers..

The reason for the icon failures is they have a team working on UI elements such as icons and a team working with the program code. Apparently, both teams do not have very good communication skills.

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like a lot of iPhone users are switching to Android for many reasons. I've been an Android user since Day 1. Which makes me an opposite case, I've been wanting to try a different mobile OS platform for a while now. iOS7 looks okay, I guess. But it's something I'm looking forward to in a way. But I think the iOS7 would look better on bigger size phones. But we'll see... I think the next iPhone releasing soon may not be the iPhone I'm looking for. But I'm slightly hoping.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For me it is a welcomed change. IOS 6 was getting a little stale and I actually switched from an iphone 5 to an HTC one. I am not back on the iphone 5s because to me android is just too hard to get use to. I do like the new/revamped mail features in IOS 7 as well. I am looking forward to the new IPADs and Retina Macbook Pro's as well. I will probably get them as photography is a new hobby of mine and the retina displays compliment that. :)

• 2 months later...