GTX780M+ in HM & EM models...

• 2 months later...

At the beginning it was loud about the possibility of using the 780m in p1x0em. Then it was even louder about the possibilities of use 980m in p1x0em. And suddenly this whole campaign is silenced.

Eurocom relase a video which shows a possibility of installing 980m in Racer 2 (Clevo P150em). Description below of the video tells us sth like:

Detailed Upgrade Process:

-Download and Install latest BIOS

But when we go to upgrades - VGA Showroom and search for 980m, we will find note like:

The Nvidia GTX 980m will work in the following notebooks...

Eurocom X3,X5, X7 and X8.

Sooooo it is but it is not, OK so simple.:33_002:

i have a 980m arriving on monday for my p170em, i was writing with prema about bios and stuff but atm he doesn t reply. but i understand that prema is a very busy man.

ill have a new thread opened by the arriving of the 980m or maybe tomorrow already

cheers

i have a 980m arriving on monday for my p170em, i was writing with prema about bios and stuff but atm he doesn t reply. but i understand that prema is a very busy man.

ill have a new thread opened by the arriving of the 980m or maybe tomorrow already

cheers

Can I get a link from where you bought the card?

Hi,

has anyone had any success in putting the 980M into the P170EM?

I have done quite a bit of research into this and opinions range from "it can't be done as the P170EM is GPU locked" to "yes it can"

Has anyone actually done it that can share step by step how its done. Not the physical card installation, that's easy enough, but the software/drivers/BIOS setup.

thanks in advance

cheers

NightFX