zapslider

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

i'm from the philippines, and i had my issues with msi service here when the gtx560m in my gt780r broke down. i had to resort to an online purchase just get it up and running again. though i had this experience with the service center, i don't have any issues with their products, and i'm still planning on getting my 3rd lappy from them

• 1 month later...
From several sources having problems with the MSI brands, and communication with support in general. I really cannot see that MSI would "stink" in any way?

Im refering to this site mostly: MSISTINKS.COM

Haha, I read this guy’s website he set up. I feel for him, I get that he’s frustrated and there were some things that were a little nonsensical he had to deal with, but what I immediately noticed (not to judge him too harshly) is the stuff that upset him right when he got the computer makes sense for him to be disappointed perhaps, but I kind of scratched my head on exactly how it was egregious because some of it he could have known beforehand.

It sucks because it sounds like eventually he had a failure, and I feel for him, but sometimes that does happen.

The part that makes me unsure is the things he complains about right out of the box that I was like “hmm…” such as:

that 1920-1080 “looks great but you browse… websites and they look miniscule” on the screen. I mean… I guess so?

So he changed the resolution to something lower but then complained it rearranged what he was looking at lol. Maybe I don’t understand part of his issue there, so not to mock him or anything.

He was upset the keyboard wasn’t backlit. You can see that in the spec sheet. Would it be nice for an expensive laptop to have that? Yes. But you can see that it doesn’t/find out easily.

“‘Wireless N’ adapter only works on the good old 2.4Ghz frequency.” Again, spec sheet. Not a dual-band card.

The particular external drive he was using wasn’t eSATA compatible. That sounds like a compatibility issue, not a failing of the laptop. It sucks, but not every peripheral or accessory you buy always works. He said he has to go back to using USB 2.0 because of this but the laptop still has a couple USB 3.0 ports (?)

“The computer is full of bloatware.” I HATE bloatware, I feel you. It’s the scourge of the Earth. But everyone has it. Virtually nobody is going to give you a factory-clean install.

He kind of heaps on a lot of silly things too that, unfortunately, minimize the big issues of his case (which seem genuine!). He claims the computer failed within 6 months: that’s really unfortunate and nothing to sneeze at. But he’s also got this personal website complaining that the representatives spelled words wrong like “charactors.” Lol it’s a Taiwanese company, so yeah their Taiwanese reps might spell an English word wrong. Kind of unrelated.

When you find someone angry enough to put up a personal website and ask for anti-MSI donations… who is really crazier here haha?

So allll that to say- I don’t mind MSI too much. They’re really competitively priced even with nice hardware usually, which someone in this thread accurately cited as their greatest virtue. While I’m sure there are some genuine horror stories out there, MSI has been good with their average service in my experience. There are worse. Oh boy are there worse. Dell used to be known for their awesome support but they’re huge now and sometimes their support is VERY weak. Try Microsoft customer support. There is a hell lol.

I agree, he seems to be over reacting, blaming others because he didn't do proper research, and a little crazy. On page seven of his story he says that the store keeps a picture database of customers and uses facial recognition software. Wow. I also like how he contradicts himself, he starts by saying how bad Sony has become then later says he wishes MSI was perfect like Sony. Or how he complains that it doesn't come with MSI system management software, but then say he doesn't want extra software on it. And how is small text on websites MSIs fault? I find the site kind of funny, but sad that people take it serrious.

Based on his computer knowledge, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't cause his own problems, or make them worse.

I don't work for MSI, nor have I ever bought a MSI computer. But after reading this, I would have no problem buying one. The website makes me feel sorry for MSI.

There's always going to be those people that have bad experiences and just assume that that's par for the course. You can't always please everyone.

True overally not that many people here complaining about MSI, I would say that most replays on forums are from unhappy users(that want to share bad experience - mostly if some one is happy dont bother reading topics like this and dont post) and here most are happy with their MSI laptops :D or maybe this forum is too high-tech and people know what they are doing and what are buying for the bucks ;)

I always had ambivalent attitude toward MSI but not shortly I will check it and share my own opinion as well :D

• 5 months later...

The MSI service is really bad. I am not the only one who say this. A friend of mine had t wait one week to get an answer from Support an then another 8 weeks to get his notebook repaired!!

I can remember an BIOS update which fixes several speed problems with the fan (the fan was @100% on idle). You only got this update if you contacted the Support, otherwise not.

They need 3 months to put this 3MB update public on their website.

I have had nothing but good results from my multiple notebooks and mobo/gpu hw that I have used over the years. I have also had good experiences with the customer service department when I needed to speak with them. I also agree with Prostar about how the guy comes off and his issues.

• 2 months later...

there are good laptops from msi, bad the support is very very slow. download new version of bios to regional web site take a lot of time for they. are you seriously :-) :-) ?

also my laptop has сracked monitor frame. and i heard not only from me. It's frustrating. i hope new laptops came more resistant and balanced :-)

• 2 weeks later...

My Gt680 is 3 years old, and it was worth any penny on the whole. But as many others mentioned it is hard to get updates for drivers from msi. Furthermore I had one case of warranty last year. It took four weeks to get my laptop back and in addition my email account was hacked after this, though i had my password for about 9 years without problems... I dont know if theyre paying their staff as well as they should?!?!?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I myself am very happy with MSI, I have had my MS 16F2 for over 4 years its still going string. I have only had to replace my GPU and Power Flex cable within that time and the power flex cable MSI tried their very best to get the part but there wasn't any stock. However I am getting a new GT72 6QD soon and so far the questions I have asked them have been quick. Some people will have unexpected issues with any brand by I am placing my trust in MSI for all my needs because my experience with them has been great. It's also been great on Here too from the members that have helped me. The only thing missing from MSI is the service for quickie divorces so I marry my new wife to be (MSI GT72 6QD).

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Thread necro? While I'm here and it's at the top of my feed, the MSI laptops I've owned have been amazing, the GT660(which by is actually a Clevo designed notebook, you can swap parts between the GT660, GT780, GT60, GT70, and I think the GT80?) Is a trooper that I love and continue to modernize. Gonna make a thread :)

Also, I mailed my MSI to get serviced when the 4th sound jack stopped working. Was fixed instantly by MSI and sent home a happy laptop :)

Edited by Nocona-Chan

• 2 months later...

I bought my MSI GE62 6F on the 21st of Feb 2016

The very first night i had 11 BSOD errors which okay, I guess its a software issue.

Brought it back to the shop and was told "Yea win10 is pretty shitty, huh?"

So i took it home and found out after googling for hours that the BSOD was because of Nvidias latest driver at the time 361.91. Reverted to 344.xx and it was fine for two days.

2 days later, more BSOD and my screen kept flickering at odd intervals, occasionally restarting by itself.

I took it back to the shop and said "you said it was a win10 problem? fine, lets see. do a fresh install of win7"

Upon collection my keyboard backlight didnt work. was told by the shop staff "Oh the Steelseries engine 3 doesnt work on win7".

I asked why i was not advised on this earlier, his reply was "well you gotta sacrifice some stuff for a stable OS ya know"

I went home, downloaded the SS3 engine, and it works TOTALLY FINE.

After about  an hours usage, my screen kept distorting (at this point i suspected faulty GPU), and usually worked fine after windows restarts. So i ignored it for about 10 days considering it needed to get lots of work done. the very next day on 15th March (yes, 23 days of ownership), my laptop couldnt turn on at all.

Called the shop to demand a brand new replacement or full refund, as its definitely a manufacturer defect. Was told to send it in for warranty.

Its still there now.

Ive been bugging servicing dept everyday regarding the issue and its "still under diagnostics". Even had the nerve to say "MSI comes with Win10. However you opted to downgrade to Win7 and were working to ascertain if it caused a hardware malfuntion". Seriously? Hardware Malfunction? 

So what ive learnt from MSI is:-

Shitty after sales service

Crappy customer service - no direct email/phone number, everything goes through online forum

No responsibility - I essentially paid USD1750 (RM6966) to buy a laptop and hand it back to MSI. Im now stuck with no money and no laptop and ZERO productivity. (Tying this from my 3 year old USD 500 entry level lenovo)

20160223_122426_resized.jpg

20160315_145959_resized.jpg

20160317_235457_resized.jpg

Edited by adz0911
Left out some details

On 7.6.2013 at 11:06 PM, zapslider said:

I bought a gt70 0ne lately and the only thing really bothers me, is the fans which are loud as hell when speeding up!

You can use a modded GT70 EC-Firmware with the Fan Curve from Medion X782X,the Erazer Curve is much more quietly.

I know the differnt because i have both Barebones.

Everybody have different Expiriences with MSI,but the Quality of the old Barebones from MS-16F1-MS-1763 are very good.

Two of my Friends have a 5 Years old GX660 without Problems,i had different Barebones also from MS-16F1-MS-1763 without any Problems.

Edited by Bloetschkopf

• 2 months later...