NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

@svl7: I flashed this bios no problems on my Inno3D GTX 780 iChill with the HerculeZ cooler. Worked ok i guess but seemed to be a little unstable. I was not able to get as high clock speeds as I do with the stock bios. I can send you the stock bios if you don't mind having a look at it.

320.49 by far. Actually havn't had anyone saying that they had problems with the latest drivers and 780 cards. Have you switched cards as in ati/nvidia without proper uninstalling recently?

Hi tinuz97 & trickeh2k,

Thank you for the reply. Firstly I came from a GTX 680 running a 314.xx driver. I tried running the 320.18 but it would not let me apply the adjusted power level when using Nvinspector to do so. Anyways, I actually came from a different cpu and mobo, 3770k and MVG to a 4770k and G1 Sniper 5 together with the change of GPU. I did not re install windows 7 64bit as everything seemed to work very well and the change over was without any problems.

After picking up the problem with 320.49 I uninstalled the drivers and used Driver Fusion to completely remove anything Nvidia related from my system drive. It would work after installing 320.18, but only for a while after giving me the same poor performance. After reading around I ended up modding the inf for the 314.22 driver and all seems to be okay. The gpu itself is not all that great with the ASIC "value" stated 60.80%. I'm planning on getting a second, but this time it would be a vanilla MSI GTX 780.

• Founder
can some one please provide a link to the latest nvflash program ...@ admin ---i keep on geting ur post will be reviewd by a moderator ---

You haven't reached five quality posts that's why. See the forum rules.

Sent from my GT-I9100

I'll be getting a second GTX 780 but this time the vanilla with a ASIC reading of 79.3%. I would like to save the stock bios it comes with but everytime I tried saving my current 780's stock bios it would give an error code using Nvflash. I tried many strings, taking protection off etc, but still no save. Could someone please explain to me the best way to save the bios for the GTX780.

I'll be getting a second GTX 780 but this time the vanilla with a ASIC reading of 79.3%. I would like to save the stock bios it comes with but everytime I tried saving my current 780's stock bios it would give an error code using Nvflash. I tried many strings, taking protection off etc, but still no save. Could someone please explain to me the best way to save the bios for the GTX780.

Use GPUZ (so far i remember not the newest verion ... just try if the actuall one isnt working take the version befor) for making the bakup. I did it the same way with both of my cards.

i need this bios for oc mi evga acx.

Zoltan, u need put the .rom file in the same folder of nvflash and execute the commander "nvflash.exe -4 -5 -6 "file.rom" file is the name of the rom that you have.

Flashed my 780 with the OC bios and I have 1202/3206 stable thanks very much :)

*EDIT* is 1.2v safe for the 780 ?

Try it with 1250/3300. what model have you? my eVGA with normal bios work in 1150/3250. I want download the mod bios for try more oc.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i5-2500K Processor,ASRock P67 Extreme6

this is with another bios though than the one's here. since i'm on a inno3d card the others didnt work out as good as this one i'm on now. Game stable now too at 1215/3151 but that seems to be the current limit of this card and bios atm, hoping for some improvements to see if i'm able to push it a bit more. currently, the memory is a weak spot, leaves very little room for overclocking sadly. If I amp the mem oc with just 15 i get artifacts in 3d mark 11.

Guys, I read on another forum that it is not safe to raise power limit to 115% with this bios as it would result in 391W against stock 250W ; so, is 100% (340W) safe?

Or are the guys on other forum wrong?

I have no idea tbh, but then again check your tdp in precision x. Mine rarely goes over 100%, i keep my pwl to 106% tops as there's no need to go higher.