NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

So I got my second 780 and from the get go I went to 1215mhz on the core and 3206mhz on the memory. I've noticed that I'm getting varying results with this one NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4770K,Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. G1.Sniper 5 being the highest. I do feel that it may be throttling when I compare the results to similar systems looking at the fps in the gaming runs. But when looking at the highest the power limit went it was only around 80% and temps with the fan set to 70% was about 67c.

This 780 is a better air clocker than my other one, but with a 79.3% ASIC reading compared to 60.8% I suppose it should be obvious.

One thing I did pick up is that when running the Metro Last Light bench with 320.18. 320.49 or 325.xx driver it drops to 5fps when the train smashes through (physx evident) and will continue at that rate until the end of the bench, but using 314.22 with the modded inf worked a lot better, even though its performance in other benchmarks might not be all that great.

Had an Inno3D 780 which had some major coil whine, after finally getting an return, the replacement had the same issue. Finally got myself a refund and grabbed an EVGA SC looking forward to testing this new bios out once i get my five posts up. I had the old card bios modded to use 1.212V and it overclocked like a champ...pity about the whine though

Just going back to what people were saying about coil whine, I have 2 x evga 780's that came with the reference cooler which I have mounted EK waterblocks to and I get some pretty loud coil whine with the stock 80.10.36.00.80 BIOS so I doubt anything in the BIOS will fix that.

Guys, I read on another forum that it is not safe to raise power limit to 115% with this bios as it would result in 391W against stock 250W ; so, is 100% (340W) safe?

Or are the guys on other forum wrong?

On the first post of this thread:

Features of the "OC edition":

• Boost 2.0 disabled - the card runs at the clocks you set it to
  • Voltage is adjustable up to 1.2125V
  • Default power target = 350W (so there should be no more need to adjust it manually per software)
  • Fan speed adjustable up to 100%
  • Clocks are stock, card idles normally at 2d voltage

I hope i can get my card stable with this BIOS.

I can get it to 1150 stable in games but the second i go over that and play Far Cry 3 for instance, it just black screens and i have to do the three finger dance to remedy it.

Yet when i first got the card, i could get it to 1200mhz(not sure on the variable, but i know it was the 1200 clock) and be fine on +38mv but now it doesnt like it at all.

my max clock is 1215 but that will work only in firestrike. other benchmarks have to be done on 1186 but stable gaming clock is 1162. cant wait to flash custom bios to see if can push clocks further or maybe make stable what is unstable now.

My card is running with 1200/3400 stable just with the mod-bios. ;)

Question: why I still can't download the BIOS in the attachment?

You can. It always takes a moment after reaching the post limit cause the server needs to update your permissions.

EVGA 780 - SC ACX - 80.10.3A.00.80 added to the first post, still don't have a card to test it myself so please let me know whether it works fine. A screenshot of nvidia inspector (showing the OC stuff) for visual confirmation would be nice.

• Thumbs Up 2

EVGA 780 - SC ACX - 80.10.3A.00.80 added to the first post, still don't have a card to test it myself so please let me know whether it works fine. A screenshot of nvidia inspector (showing the OC stuff) for visual confirmation would be nice.

Is this new eVGA bios you modded? This vbios works excellent with Classifieds ... in my opinion the best date. Keep up the good work! Below is the NVidia inspector info:

4bbr.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks svl7 BIOS works fine 2v9PsUy.jpg Can you be so kind and apply the same mods on whatever .37 BIOS for reference card, cos of limited fan speed with ACX cooler bios, thanks in advance.

post-13633-14494995829799_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey there, I flashed my 780 yesterday with your bios; the no power limit (or so high you probably won't hit it) mod is amazing, and I managed to squeeze an extra bit out of core clock, from 1189MHz to 1215MHz.

One thing however, how the heck do I get it to "idle"? I'm using EVGA Precision X since Afterburner is wacky with voltages, but I can't get my card to drop under 901MHz core, or the voltage to drop even when I close everything down and let my monitors go to sleep. Is there something I need to enable on Precision X? It used to idle just fine on stock.

Thanks again for the bios!

Maybe you have k-boost activated in evga precision...

One thing I noticed with the titan is that if you have more than one monitor attached the card is likely to switch between different power levels all the time if there is only a small load on the card, stock or modified vbios doesn't matter... but it definitely idles after a while of no load.

So... my first guess would be k-boost interfering here.

Yeah, I accidentally clicked kboost when moving the voltage adjuster window over to my other monitor yesterday and just got a black screen, had to hard reset. Got back, and noticed it was lit up green, clicked it again to disable, black screen, had to hard reset. K-boost is off now assuming not green = off? I don't know I only started using Precision X yesterday because Afterburner wasn't cutting it. Have tried restarting normally earlier then leaving my PC alone for 2 hours but it's still the same.

I do have 2 monitors however, I don't know. There's no harm in it running 901mhz, 1212mv if the temps are below 50c all the time though, right?

I stopped using evga because last time I tried it and enabled k-boost I had to uninstall precision and make a clean driver re-installation in order to get rid of it... might be a bug.

Yeah I tried following the guide on the EVGA forums for uninstalling it and getting rid of k-boost, didn't work.

However, I did just go onto it and enable k-boost which put my clocks to forced 3D all the time, so it definitely wasn't stuck. I'll try putting Nvidia CP to "Adaptive" power though and see how it goes tonight.

Again, thanks for the help and the amazing bios!

Weird... well one more thing that you can try to figure out what exactly is causing this behavior is to just run one display and disconnect the others... if it's still stuck then it's most likely an issue caused by a setting from EVGA precision or similar.

Ah, it definitely WILL idle now, I tried using the Multi Display Power Saver on NVIDIA Inspector, but it just makes both my monitors go blank and flicker.

On the plus side, the card drops to idle clocks and voltage during the flickering, just a shame I can't use it. I'll see if it idled tomorrow morning, if not I'll try running my system barebones with nothing but Precision on overnight and see if it idles then.

Ah, it definitely WILL idle now, I tried using the Multi Display Power Saver on NVIDIA Inspector, but it just makes both my monitors go blank and flicker.

On the plus side, the card drops to idle clocks and voltage during the flickering, just a shame I can't use it. I'll see if it idled tomorrow morning, if not I'll try running my system barebones with nothing but Precision on overnight and see if it idles then.

Make sure that in nvidia control panel @ power settings adaptive is enabled and not performance.

I use driver 326.01 whql ( works on normal windows 8 to and windows 7 , altough it says windows 8.1 previeuw driver)

Greetings

techPowerUp GPU-Z Validation b2cy5

Works great! Thanks for making the only BIOS that works with my card.

However, I'm getting BSODs and a lot of crashing even when using the stock BIOS. Which driver version do you suggest?

Unigine Valley and 3DMark11 are just crashing (even at stock clocks)