NVIDIA GTX 700 series - modified VBIOS

svl7

• Founder

Try a game like Crysis 3 or metro last light to test for max clock. Valley isn't really good for max clock testing.

Sent from my GT-N7000

I was referring to max voltage being 1.212V. Default is 1.162V. Default GPU clock at load is 901MHz and memory is 3005MHz.

Right, that sounds correct.

Absolute max Valley numbers: 1228/3524 core/mem. 73.6 FPS. 3080 Score. 4.8% over stock SC BIOS. Nice work svl7!

Outside of crashing to the desktop when clocking too high, no odd behavior so far. It actually behaves better with your BIOS. Before with the stock BIOS it would hang hard and only a PC reset would fix it.

Try a game like Crysis 3 or metro last light to test for max clock. Valley isn't really good for max clock testing.

Yep, on stock BIOS my stable game clocks were quite a bit lower. Going to start testing games in a bit.

• Founder
Finally done with Valley. 1228/3591 core/mem. 74 FPS. 3097 Score. 5.4% over max stable stock BIOS OC. :D Now time to test games and get despondent about how they can't handle these clocks. :P

Can you post some game benchmarks before and after applying the vbios mod? Thx.

• Founder
Preliminary testing in Metro LL at 2560x1600 shows a 3.8% increase in FPS with a 3.4% increase in core clock.

1176/3460 modded BIOS vs. 1137/3400 stock BIOS. Going to see how far up I can go before crashing.

Got any numbers to go with those percentages? Preferably some Metro benchmark graphs if you got em.

• Founder
Got it up to 1228/3480. :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7677[/ATTACH]

Stock BIOS - 1137/3400

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7678[/ATTACH]

Mod BIOS - 1228/3480

I have no idea if that is actually game stable, but the scaling seems pretty linear with the core clock OC. 7% gain for a 8% OC. Not bad.

Thanks and what's your hardware setup + driver version? Some people have reported issues with the latest nvidia driver but I don't see any difference on my Titan.

Not sure how much this will help anyone, but someone from OCN tried this bios and stated that it wasn't stable for him. He stated that it made overclocks he had success with before flashing unstable.

MOD Note: Link removed.

Thanks and what's your hardware setup + driver version? Some people have reported issues with the latest Nvidia driver but I don't see any difference on my Titan.

i5-2500k at 4.0GHz

G.Skill 8GB DDR3-1600

ASUS P8P67 PRO rev 3.0

EVGA 780 SC ACX

Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

That's the important bits. 320.18 WHQL driver. Zero issues.

Tested some 780s with your bios today. Works absolutely fine and it prevents any throttling in every game/application we tested.

Other bios mods throttled and displayed wrong power target values with the new 320.18 WHQL just like my Titan.

Great job!

• Thumbs Up 4

Can Anyone post a Stable maxed overclocked Bios without Temp Target.

That's hardly possible, you will need to find the limits of your card yourself, not every card is stable at the same clocks. With the vbios provided here you won't need to adjust power or temp target.

Is this bios similar to the titan bios you made? I am looking for a bios to disable GPU boost on the 780

Yes, essentially the same.

On another note - first post revised.

Hey svl7, thanks for your 780 OC bios, working fine on my evga 780. I saw that you told us not to modify it as there may be problems.

I am trying to mod the bios to get 1215 core, 3500 mem (these are my max clocks) I haven't been able to make it boot, would it be possible to make one for me?

I tried Kepler bios tweaker but I get black screens and it bricks the card

edit: at 1.2 volts

Tested some 780s with your bios today. Works absolutely fine and it prevents any throttling in every game/application we tested.

Other bios mods throttled and displayed wrong power target values with the new 320.18 WHQL just like my Titan.

Great job!

Just out of curiosity what games where you throttling on prior to flashing the modded BIOS? Did you gain any additional OC?

• Founder
Hey svl7, thanks for your 780 OC bios, working fine on my evga 780. I saw that you told us not to modify it as there may be problems.

I am trying to mod the bios to get 1215 core, 3500 mem (these are my max clocks) I haven't been able to make it boot, would it be possible to make one for me?

I tried Kepler bios tweaker but I get black screens and it bricks the card

edit: at 1.2 volts

You can adjust the core to +1000 so I'm not sure what you are requesting? All you have to do is either use PrecisionX or NV Inspector and set those clocks + voltage and have it load each time. NVInspector is better for this because you can create shortcuts and then put them in the startup folder or just create a batch file to execute them. Kepler tweaker or even hex editing of the vbios is not recommended and it will brick your card. People have been warned of this before.

Just out of curiosity what games where you throttling on prior to flashing the modded BIOS? Did you gain any additional OC?

The Cards throttled in almost every demanding game (Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, Far Cry 3). Other bios mods got rid of throttling pre WHQL 320.18, too.

But only svl7s bios mods work with the changed power containment in WHQL 320.18. We tested 4 780's and 1 Titan on 2 different systems.

Use svl7s bios if you don't want your card to throttle. We were able to push our best 780 to 1254mhz/3800mhz up from 1202mhz/3200mhz.

• Thumbs Up 3

The Cards throttled in almost every demanding game (Metro Last Light, Crysis 3, Far Cry 3). Other bios mods got rid of throttling pre WHQL 320.18, too.

But only svl7s bios mods work with the changed power containment in WHQL 320.18. We tested 4 780's and 1 Titan on 2 different systems.

Use svl7s bios if you don't want your card to throttle. We were able to push our best 780 to 1254mhz/3800mhz up from 1202mhz/3200mhz.

Is this with air cooling or WC? Mine is air cooled and even without a custom fan profile mine was boosting to a consistent 1006 (not OC) in Metro Last Light and Far Cry 3. My Gigabyte reference card only allows a max of 1.187v with +38 whereas other reference card can already reach 1.2v.