Msi- 1762-gtx 780m

luoxia

Hi fatant :)

The 780M I got is a Clevo gpu - but we all know Clevo/MSI GPUs were pretty similar since the 680M, and vbios interchangeable.

To make it work fully in the GT60, I flashed it with the MSI vbios (this enabled the Turbo Boost 2.0 and allowed O/Cing) - it worked fine with the Clevo vbios, however I did not have any TB or OC options.

Regarding the MSI vbios I am using, please drop a message to Prema - he is the only one that can sort you out - and hopefully make it work in your system - version is: 80.04.97.00.04 - apparently later version than yours.

Good luck!

Thank you Pau1ow. I sent my vbios to Prema, hope he can receive soon.

pau1ow does the 7970m gets detected by gpuz when you tested it on the 1762/16f3? Because if it doesn't it is very likely that the 780M just haven't got the right driver/modded driver from nvidia since it is positively detected (correctly) by GPUz

No good. I tried 770m in GT70 too, it is same BS "0x00000116".

I guess the 7XXm will not work in 1762/16F3.

BTW, the 770m works very smooth in my gt780/1761, and I tried overclock, 980/1100 3DMARK 11 is P5864.

you can post screen????????????????????????

My test please refer to GTX 770m

Thanks for the feedback katant, shame it does not work :( (and odd because it does OK on 16F3)

Hi, pau1ow, what version of the bios is your 16F3, I may try to flash the 16F3 bios in my GT70 and see if it works.

That's a good point - my GT60 got the W8 BIOS 50X but set to Legacy to get W7 installed ! I do not advise you to flash a GT60 BIOS into your GT70 mobo though

you should flash the equivalent UEFI bios file into your GT70(50x/70x) if your 1762 comes with the windows 7 BIOS I'd advice you go on the unlocked bios instead(latest 10U) and yes by using that unlocked bios you can somehow set the laptop to boot on UEFI mode(without the interface, sadly) I can confirm this because I installed UEFI win 8 through my Esata SSD enclosure and all works fine(again, no uefi interface)

Hi fatant,

Very good job on getting the 770m to work in a GT780DX :)

Unfortunately the forum you posted is in chinese. I tried google translate and could make up that this card works on 1761 and not 16f3 and 1762. Care to post a guide? :)

Thanks! A friend of mine is very interested..

felix

780m is confirmed working on the 1762

chinese link, but I guess you can take it to be working with windows 7 and the vbios as stated on the photo

vbios: 80.04.97.00.04, driver version 320.18

however there is no indication showing if gpu boost is working

The link is my test.

I did not realise that was you, nor did I realise we are of the same nationality

also since I'm planning on doing one myself.... is it possible for you to walk me through the necessary steps to get the GPU working? I suppose the unlocked 10U BIOS from that forum works just a driver and vbios mod.... right?

I did not realise that was you, nor did I realise we are of the same nationality

also since I'm planning on doing one myself.... is it possible for you to walk me through the necessary steps to get the GPU working? I suppose the unlocked 10U BIOS from that forum works just a driver and vbios mod.... right?

Bios is the point. Now I'm looking for a way to get 7970m working in GT70.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Hello sorry for my bad english but if i buy gtx 780 from clevo.. its work fine with stock clevo vbios in my 16f3 ?

In theory it should work. Your motherboard model supports 100w GPUs so a 780m would be a fit. I'm not sure however. Maybe Prema or svl7 can help here ;)