NVIDIA GTX 780 Owners

Brian

New 780 ACX on top, old 770 Twin Frozr on bottom.

The Twin Frozr cooling is way better IMO. 2 100mm fans ran at 30% the entire time... whisper quiet and the card never exceeded 74*C. The ACX fans can get pretty loud.

post-4440-14494995811941_thumb.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I bought 2 titan's and wished I had gotten 780's. I sold my titans and now have 780 classified's and they are faster than my titans. Maybe some people need the extra vram but I am only single monitor.

Same here "Strong Island 1". Your posts are definitely putting me towards the 780 Classifieds on a single monitor.

My 780 ACX SC is rated at 81% ACIC but keeps hitting the power limit at 1202-1228. I have the vcore maxed (1.2mv) is this normal? Should I flash the bios with the unlocked version? Is it risky or dangerous to do that? Will running at a highr power usage degrade my card or anything?

Yeah, I just put in my evga 780 sc acx from amazon it is pretty beastly. This gpu boost 2.0 is ridiculous though. I may have to put in the OC bios because I want my clocks to stay permanent. This card runs so much cooler than my evga gtx 570 though. I usually have about 87 degrees with full gpu use, but the max I have hit on my new card is about 76 (with overclocking). Asic value is 79% . I'm not sure if any of you other guys are running into this problem, but whenever I run skyrim, it stalls out after like 2 mins. The display driver crashes and that's with a mild overclock.

Yeah, I just put in my evga 780 sc acx from amazon it is pretty beastly. This gpu boost 2.0 is ridiculous though. I may have to put in the OC bios because I want my clocks to stay permanent. This card runs so much cooler than my evga gtx 570 though. I usually have about 87 degrees with full gpu use, but the max I have hit on my new card is about 76 (with overclocking). Asic value is 79% . I'm not sure if any of you other guys are running into this problem, but whenever I run skyrim, it stalls out after like 2 mins. The display driver crashes and that's with a mild overclock.

Ye the new acx fans are awesome.. silent and cools alot better than their old ones.

Had to rma 2 of my 670s because the fans started to rattle.

• 3 weeks later...