IdeaPad Y500 BIOS Mods (overvolting, overclocked out of the box)

jester_socom

I haven't been keeping up with the other threads, but would you happen to know whether an Ultrabay analogue exists alongside it? More flexibility with voltmodding might be the impetus I need to finally get this machine off 2.02.

svl7 has also updated the Ultrabay vBIOS to unlock software voltage control. You're good to go.

svl7 has also updated the Ultrabay vBIOS to unlock software voltage control. You're good to go.

Effin' a - now I might just look into fiddling with undervolting as well.

(And I'd just realized I'd forgotten to read the original post I've quoted thoroughly - I'm an idiot)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not really sure how to use these files and information. I flashed my bios using svl7's guide, so now what? I see some files but no instructions on how to use them.

EDIT: I guess what I'm really asking is which file is which, the names arent very clear at least to me. Which file is the oc for the onboard and which is for the ultrabay card?

EDIT2: I tried the ECO bios and vbios. After installing them and looking in nvidia inspector, my ultrabay card was showing the have a gpu clock of 1000, but the onboard card was at like 835(can't remember now). Whats up with that? I went back to the factory bios and vbios for now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have my ultrabay 650m flashed and it is reporting the 1.1v

But, i cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to flash the main GPU. I have an older whitelist flash from SLV7 but it doesn't let me change the voltages. Its v2.02 but it won't take the flash or anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Do i just use nvlash on the main gpu as well?

• 3 months later...

Hi,

sorry to revive old thread. May i know if anyone has the overvolted GT750M y400?

I believe my GPU is suffering from undervoltaged.

Any advice on how to modify my stock voltage for the GPU? I couldn't get my VBIOS file from GPUz, Nibitor and also NVflash.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
On 5/27/2013 at 9:38 AM, jester_socom said:

Guys I have released the ECO series for the 650M. Which increase and decrease core clocks and voltages when needed. Use these if you do not want to overclock using software. These mods cannot be overclocked using software. These mods are not based on svl7's mods, they are based on stock vbios.

This mod will feature a 1GHz core clock for the 650M and 2500MHz for the memory.

The 750M may follow in three or or four weeks. I hope you understand I have exams which I have to succeed in university.

Thank you schranzmaster for your help!

Tell your friends, bring them to techinferno!

Flashing instructions are found in svl7's pinned thread. I do not give support on flashing. Everything you need is there, read it thoroughly ;)! Don't forget to backup your original BIOS as it contains your Windows 8 serial key and Lenovo S/N

eco_v202_650m_1000C_1250M.zip

Hey Jester,

How does this work for the second (ultrabay) card? Or does it only do the internal one?

• 3 weeks later...

Am I requierd to flash the mobo with unlocked bios to get this work or am I doing somethin wrong? I have tried to flash my own modded bios but I couldn't get voltages or clocks any higher. (I can't download anything from this site for some reason)

Edited by NumCo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...