new Clevo p170em owner :)

Chey Raven

Just purchased a Clevo p170em (OC UK Destroyer, apparently) off ebay worth 2000 for only a 1000 lol check these specs out and tell me what you guys think

3840qm

4gb gtx 680m

16gb corsair 1600 vengeance ram

60gb ssd intel 830 for the OS

240GB corsair force 3

Samsung slimline 4x blu ray

and I even got a SWISS GEAR PEGASUS 17 bag thrown in worth 60 as well lol needless to say the guy was quite annoyed.

I'm absolutely loving this laptop and as my first one I'm damn impressed. I used to think laptops could never reach the heights of desktop gaming but now they are getting very close.

I've overclocked the 680m already as I hear the Clevo 4gb cards are one of the betters out there for OC'ing. I've only got it to 953 core atm but I plan on getting the 1v voltage mod and seeing where i can go from there.

Also am I the only one who keeps playing with the keyboard lights lol?

• Founder

Pretty good price for sure, $1000 is cheap for that configuration. The 680M with the unlocked vbios is an overclocking monster.

Just purchased a Clevo p170em (OC UK Destroyer, apparently) off ebay worth 2000 for only a 1000 lol check these specs out and tell me what you guys think

3840qm

4gb gtx 680m

16gb corsair 1600 vengeance ram

60gb ssd intel 830 for the OS

240GB corsair force 3

Samsung slimline 4x blu ray

and I even got a SWISS GEAR PEGASUS 17 bag thrown in worth 60 as well lol needless to say the guy was quite annoyed.

I'm absolutely loving this laptop and as my first one I'm damn impressed. I used to think laptops could never reach the heights of desktop gaming but now they are getting very close.

I've overclocked the 680m already as I hear the Clevo 4gb cards are one of the betters out there for OC'ing. I've only got it to 953 core atm but I plan on getting the 1v voltage mod and seeing where i can go from there.

Also am I the only one who keeps playing with the keyboard lights lol?

Wow you stole that thing. The 680m alone costs close to $700.

953 core on stock volts seems standard, maybe slightly better than average if it's fully stable. Mine did 940 stable, with 953 just a hair unstable. How's your memory? Memory overclocks seem to vary a lot.

Yeah I play with the lights some too. My favorite is red-green-blue. When using 3 different colors I just find green in the middle to make it much better.

Wow you stole that thing. The 680m alone costs close to $700.

953 core on stock volts seems standard, maybe slightly better than average if it's fully stable. Mine did 940 stable, with 953 just a hair unstable. How's your memory? Memory overclocks seem to vary a lot.

Yeah I play with the lights some too. My favorite is red-green-blue. When using 3 different colors I just find green in the middle to make it much better.

Havent done much on the overclock mem wise as i hear the 4gb limits the amount quite abit but as it stands its +300 atm

I just got a a P170EM same specs (I7 3840 and GTX680M) as above pretty much! Used crucial RAM though...same diff.

Trying to get help updating the bios then Vbios let alone how to access the bios and what is the best thing for my Clevo right now.

Just updated to the most recent beta Geforce drivers...made a start?! Lol

Anyone can help me, much appreciated. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...