Nvidia GTX Titan - modified VBIOS for more control and better overclocking

svl7

I ran into an issue.

I tried the bios on page 1. Everything was fine. I tried playing WoT. It still wasn't running at the desired clock rate. I messed with power level 2 to change the clock rate and my computer froze. I keep getting bsod's. I've tried reflashing the card back to the stock vbios with a usb dos boot and I still get bsod's booting normal or safe mode.

Any advice?

Previously on stock bios the card would reach 1045mhz, but not stay there long and throttle way down. It was throttling down on the rev0.4.1 as well.

Alright.. downloaded the OC edition v02 (SC version). It's at 928Mhz. It stays there fairly well, but still throttles down. I'm unclear as to why?

It's going down to 758Mhz 55C and even down to 640Mhz with a temp of 53C and fan at 75%. The fan control is the only thing I have changed.

Any thoughts? This is driving me crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, but do monitor temperatures and don't run with a heavy overclock 24/7. At maximum load with a factory-attainable overclock, the reference cooler already hovers around 65-70C. Most people have to go lower since GPU Boost 2.0 is enabled and causes instability. Without that, you can go higher, and I figure temperatures will hit about 75C tops. This is all assuming your room's around 20C, though.

I'd be able to give you more accurate numbers if I had a vbios for a TItan Black. (Hey, @svl7, read http://forum.techinferno.com/nvidia-video-cards/3454-nvidia-gtx-titan-modified-vbios-more-control-better-overclocking-46.html#post95654 for my adventures on that!)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello there,

two questions:

Does this OC v4 Bios affect double precision clocks?

Is v4 generally preferable over v3? To me undervolting is important, so I want to make sure that I choose the correct bios and that double precision will still work.

• 4 months later...

Will this bios file / flash work  for the GTX Titan Z card?   I have tried to flash it without success with a different bios file. I also have had issues reverting back to the oem bios that I thought I saved........../sigh

If not, do you know anyone or where I might get one that works or where I can get a OEM version to reflash it back to the original bios?  

Any help will be greatly appreciated............

Thanks,

• Founder
4 hours ago, Synergi said:

Is it just me because of my user or are all download thinks broken? V4, V3, Downsampling Versions nothing can be downloaded with my user.

Both answers - the links were indeed broken but I've repaired them. You won't have access to them until your account reaches Promoted status as per our rules here: https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/announcement/4-user-account-promotions-please-read/  However in the next few days we will be taking legacy files like the ones in this thread and moving them to our download section where they will be available to anyone. 

• 1 month later...

Hi folk! I was very happie with my titan bios until I bought a new 4k monitor and I'm having too many issues,  I did a few custom bios with KeplerBiosTweaker but are not really great, any user with 4k monitor could give me a  feedback about  80.10.3E.00.01_-_GTX_Titan_'OC_edition'_rev04.1_Downsampling_Version?

Many thanks in advance  ; )

• 6 months later...
  • 6 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anybody have a copy of this bios/780 modded bios? Links for both are broken, couldn't find a place where i could download legacy files without having promoted status.

edit: im blind, just found out you can download files after registration, sorry

Edited by Treezy