Nvidia GTX Titan - modified VBIOS for more control and better overclocking

svl7

OK.SVL.

Here is my report :)

1.3DMark11 - Extreme overclocking records @ HWBOT

Position nr 8.

2.OdrzutoweWrotki`s 3DMark11 - Extreme score: 6037 marks with a GeForce GTX Titan

Details

Pls.Check the picture with the system scores which is uploaded there.You can see two point which worrying me :

a) My Titan still is not hotter than 83 %.

B) Even Fans Level : Max 70 %.

SO WE HAVE MORE POSSIBLE SAFE POWER ! (temp and fan level).

But i Cannot go any further.3D Mark hang up or going back to windows.

I used Your OC edition '03.

2 questions :

1.With OC edition "02 SC i shall go further ?

2.Maybe You can prepare some harder bios to hit Fans Level 100 % :) or Temperatur more that 90 :) ? Power throttle 5 % more that 110 ? Higher Voltage ? Any idea ?

Thank You Man :) !

So i will do it one more time.

With Your BIOS was only 400 p.lower.

Its not some magic border to pass.

Before that score On Your Bios I reached 6037.Now need only ovc litle bit.

Anyway there is another still stoopid problem....

WTF ? Increasing voltage doesnt give heating of card over 83 ?

I switch priority to temp to off.

And he still doing this sh**t.

SVL tell me what I'm doing wrong that (check the pic)

dlxo.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Even If i move this power throttle and Voltage to THE END.... and temperature is not priority.

Its always on 78 Celsius.

I CANNOT EVEN HEAT IT UP !!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAA

Good news guys!

New beta of MSI Afterburner just came out and it brings improved support (voltage unlocking) for cards which have NCP4206 voltage regulator. According to Uniwinder, that chip is used on many reference GTX 6xx/7xx/Titan cards.

I tried the tweak and it really works. Out of the box, 1.212mv was the limit for my card and after the tweak, upper limit is 1.300mv.

At 1.212mv, i could finish the Valley with 1267Mhz boost clock and at 1.3v card passed at 1333Mhz. Not bad. Temps were about 7-8 C higher.

Any other tool to REAL increase voltage ?

Because even on Engineering Bios and all throotle to the right i reach only 1.212 v (F.SICK!)

And this BETA AFTERBURNER,when I download and install it doesn't run on my Asus :(

And Maximum reachable temperature is always 82 Celcius.

Even If I'll set DO NOT PRIORITY TEMPERATURE.

Its really frustrating :(

Sure.You catched my mistake in 3D Mark.

True.And it was great.Thank You a lot.

But nr 1 man,using XOC Bios (which is in my opinion piece of sh,,,, comparing Your great BIOS).

And he have + 25 mV ?

Its a joke ?

When Iam using Your BIOS on my blocked Titan i got MAX 1.212.

WTF is that DUDE ?

SVL.Can You please flash this BIOS and check scores by Yourself.

Its easy avaliable.

As I said, the settings you see (including the voltage) do not represent the values he run the test at, according to the submission he run that test at 1320MHz, that's either by using a volt mod or the MSI AB trick. The score fits, the vbios doesn't matter.

Also, that guy is in the ProOC league... please don't think everyone who beats your score is a cheater :D I'll be back to benching soon as well I hope :P

sure sure :) i'm not thinking this way.

i just need explanation.

and help to reach that score.

and as i said,and read forums,i need Hardware HARD mod.to increase voltage.

or if You have another way,tell me.

because with Your BIOS,and XOC BIOS,H2O cooling is the last thing which i need :)

PS.PRoC LEAGUE means nothing for me.Your BIOS is COOL and not some group of crazy masturbation IT guys :P

And on Your BIOS i scored 6037.Not on XOC Bios :) Nr 8 :) now.

Lets go for nr 1 :)

BTW.You live in the most beauty country which I ever seen (lucky bust,,,rd)..and even my girlfriend confirm that :)

Hehehe, well, you certainly need to up your clocks if you want to get nr1 in that category. And to get your core up you need more voltage...

My vbios mod might was intended for a max voltage of 1.2125V, if you go higher you might run into a power limit, I need to test it. But as I said, with 1200MHz you can't get the top spot.

Thanks svl7 !

I'll wait for the version which is based on the SC. Once is out i will try it to death, i'd love to fine tune the Titan to run as cool and as silent possible when running games that are not demanding at all.

OMG, just realized it's been a month... :rap:

Still waiting for the V3 SC version, it's not only because of the higher default freq, it's the subvendor as well, i do a lot of testing/comparisons between stock and svl7's bios (obviously svl7's wins as the freq goes higher) and i hate to have to reinstall the drivers every time i go back and forth (i own an EVGA SC).

Gimme, gimme, gimme!!! ;)

I just found on main Maximus VI (bios settings) a lot of options to increase voltage of PCIE.

What do You think ? If Titan has this blockade made by producer (voltage) can I reach high scores with fixing voltage in motherboard bios options ?

For example default PCIE Voltage is : 0.9V. (reporting by Asus MB).... it will help something ?

:)

hello guys

I need a little help from you. I am planning on buying Titan card and it will be used for gaming mostly. Now this is what I think I should do when my card arrives:

put it into the PC --> flash svl7 BIOS rev.3 --> install drivers --> install latest MSI AB --> max voltage and fan to 100% --> try to find max core and memory clock with Unigine Valley runs --> make some nice fan curve --> play games ?

is it realy that simple or is there some catch ?

I am mainly confused, if just flashing the BIOS and using MSI AB is enough or if I should do something more ?

I am planing on using my overclock 24/7 and not some bech records :)

thanks

OMG, just realized it's been a month... :rap:

Still waiting for the V3 SC version, it's not only because of the higher default freq, it's the subvendor as well, i do a lot of testing/comparisons between stock and svl7's bios (obviously svl7's wins as the freq goes higher) and i hate to have to reinstall the drivers every time i go back and forth (i own an EVGA SC).

Gimme, gimme, gimme!!! ;)

Lol, right... but the driver actually shouldn't matter, I often flash a vbios of a different vendor and my system always automatically installs the proper driver when Windows is loading. Is this unique to Win8?

For example default PCIE Voltage is : 0.9V. (reporting by Asus MB).... it will help something ?

:)

I doubt you will notice any difference... in case you overclock your PCIe bus then it might help.

hello guys

I need a little help from you. I am planning on buying Titan card and it will be used for gaming mostly. Now this is what I think I should do when my card arrives:

put it into the PC --> flash svl7 BIOS rev.3 --> install drivers --> install latest MSI AB --> max voltage and fan to 100% --> try to find max core and memory clock with Unigine Valley runs --> make some nice fan curve --> play games ?

is it realy that simple or is there some catch ?

I am mainly confused, if just flashing the BIOS and using MSI AB is enough or if I should do something more ?

I am planing on using my overclock 24/7 and not some bech records :)

thanks

Yeah, that simple. :P

Hi there.

I installed an EVGA ACX Cooler on my Titan today.

Works great so far but idle RPM with your bios is ~1600 RPM wich is quite high.

Any Chance to get an update with lowered Idle speeds for ACX Titan users?

Ah right, I'll see what I can do, might be a bit tricky since the fan stuff is different in the Titan vbios than in the 780 vbios.

Lol, right... but the driver actually shouldn't matter, I often flash a vbios of a different vendor and my system always automatically installs the proper driver when Windows is loading. Is this unique to Win8?.

I only use Win7. That's something i run into at the beginning of my bios "exploration", trying several bioses with different subvendors. I use either the stock or your V2 SC version for the last 3 months or so (although i'll move on to another titan bios which i like)... ;)