Nvidia GTX Titan - modified VBIOS for more control and better overclocking

svl7

You can't reach the power target of svl7's bios with 1.21 volts, which is max without any voltmods.

As i said before his gpu-z shows the real clock for his base clock.

He is using the engineering bios with gpu boost 2.0 which means that the actual clock of the gpu is much higher than the baseclock shown in gpu-z.

You are using svl7 bios without gpu boost, you get the clock that you set.

There is nothing wrong with your card, just clock it higher. You need a higher offset with svl7 bios because it doesn't use gpu boost.

ENG BIOS

Nvidia GeForce GTX Titan Hardware Voltage Modifications - GPU OV, GPU OCP, MEM OV, Coldslow/shutdown and measurement [Archive] - hwbot.org

I just uploaded again genuine Asus bios.

Scores :

1.SLV7 BIOS : 5838

2.Asus BIOS : 5795 (END,no possible OVC more,out of 3D Mark every time)

Maybe on SLV7 i can go more with Memory clc,but i doesnt give visible effect.

Voltage : MAX reported by Nvidia Inspect.monitor : 1.2.

Temp : MAX 83 C

Fan speed : max 72 %

I want to break this magic 6000p barrier.

I will try with this ENG Bios or I will connect 220 V straight from wall to this card :) !!!

Thanks everybody for help.Now I understand a lot more of this magic card,bios,programs.

Etc.

Good Luck Friends :) !

Everyone says that, but I am not convinced yet.

In benchmarking, I see the best gains from raising the GPU clock, and not the memory clock. This seems opposite from what I have read, where people need to increase the memory to achieve a higher score.

Would it be an easy mod to open the card, and run the fan power off of the PSU? I don't have room for watercooling in my case.

Neat picture. This was an hour or so before I posted that Firestrike score on the last page.

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2861/9409383289_84e5a0b8c7_k.jpg

Screen froze there during benching, then turned into a checker board. Restarted the machine, clean installed the driver, and it was fine. Like nothing happened lol. Maybe the voltage limit is a good thing...

svl7: Awesome bios! Just made a account here to say thank you!

Before with orginal evga titan my cards refused to clock higher then 1090mhz, after i flashed your modded bios both my cards run fine on 1202mhz.

• Thumbs Up 1

svl7: Awesome bios! Just made a account here to say thank you!

Before with orginal evga titan my cards refused to clock higher then 1090mhz, after i flashed your modded bios both my cards run fine on 1202mhz.

ya I totally agree the bios is amazing. My titans were throttling hard and as soon as I installed this bios all throttling stopped and my cards ran in sli 1202mhz far cry 3 stable. This bios completely changed my cards. Plus I love to just set my clocks and not worry that they are going to jump all over the place.

Hi svl7,

I'm using your latest GTX Titan BIOS with undervolting support on my card. Now I''m wondering if it's possible to change the GPU's idle voltage. Due to a nice ASIC my card works with 0,862 Volts, but I don't think that's necessary. :D Is there any chance to optimize this?

Greeting from Germany,

Raff

I'm using your latest GTX Titan BIOS with undervolting support on my card. Now I''m wondering if it's possible to change the GPU's idle voltage. Due to a nice ASIC my card works with 0,862 Volts, but I don't think that's necessary. :D Is there any chance to optimize this?

I assume you want a lower idle voltage? Yeah, that should be possible. Mine idles at 0.875V. 0.825V should be possible, not sure about lower values, will need to test.

Good news guys!

New beta of MSI Afterburner just came out and it brings improved support (voltage unlocking) for cards which have NCP4206 voltage regulator. According to Uniwinder, that chip is used on many reference GTX 6xx/7xx/Titan cards.

I tried the tweak and it really works. Out of the box, 1.212mv was the limit for my card and after the tweak, upper limit is 1.300mv.

At 1.212mv, i could finish the Valley with 1267Mhz boost clock and at 1.3v card passed at 1333Mhz. Not bad. Temps were about 7-8 C higher.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 weeks without Computer :)

I uploaded wrong BIOS,and through so long time main Titan was crusing between services (******!!!!)

So today,I found simply way to BIOS fix using another CARD and NVFLASH.

4 lines of instruction.It was so simply and they cannot help me.ASUS - no comment.

This Engingering Bios which we talk about cannot be uploaded to my card.

I dont know why,but it showes me error.And cannot flash with that.

So still Your BIOS Is NR 1 IN THE WORLD :)