[BENCHMARKS] The OFFICIAL Thread

Brian

I stand corrected. The 780M is quite a bit faster than the 880M. I hope the anticipated mod for the 880M will unlock the full potential of the cards. What the 880M lacks the 4930K makes up for in the overall score.NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930K,Notebook P570WM I still have my 9570 with the unlocked 780Ms and I hope that I will be able to do even better with an unlocked 880M Vbios.

post-229-14494997519235_thumb.png

post-229-144949975197_thumb.png

Finally got my 4TB HDD RAID0 data volume set up and all of the data migrated over to it...

Not too bad for cheap 5400 RPM platters with no cache acceleration.

[RIGHT].[/RIGHT] Original 2TB RAID0 (2x1TB HDD) Benchmark 765GB Used of of 1.81TB Total Disk Space For comparison, here is how one of the new 5400 RPM 2TB HDD performs in a non-RAID (single AHCI) configuration...

(Note: This is with the exact same data as what I had on the 2TB RAID0 volume, so compare this to the first image.)
4TB RAID0 (2x2TB HDD) Benchmark 0GB Used of of 3.63TB Total Disk Space (empty partition) 4TB RAID0 (2x2TB HDD) Benchmark 765GB Used of of 3.63TB Total Disk Space
Here is what is looks like when cache-accelerated...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm hoping once I figure out the best settings I'll do better NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930K,Notebook P570WM

You're doing better than me - this is with the BIOS mod: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel® Core i7-4940MX CPU @ 3.10GHz,Notebook P377SM-A

That pushed my GPU to 93C... Gonna repaste when my ICD and replacement GPU heatsink screws get here (I already stripped these... got the machine on the 21st, that didn't last long so I bought 3 sets)

EDIT: By the way... I got that PrimoCache app... Is there any reason *NOT* to use this? RAM isn't an issue at 32GB...

2573i3p.png

You're doing better than me - this is with the BIOS mod: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel® Core i7-4940MX CPU @ 3.10GHz,Notebook P377SM-A

That pushed my GPU to 93C... Gonna repaste when my ICD and replacement GPU heatsink screws get here (I already stripped these... got the machine on the 21st, that didn't last long so I bought 3 sets)

EDIT: By the way... I got that PrimoCache app... Is there any reason *NOT* to use this? RAM isn't an issue at 32GB...

2573i3p.png

You're running stock clocks except for a mild OC on your Cpu. I was running 1170/1500 Gpu and 4.4GHz. on 6 cores. Plus I was running on AC and dual PSUs. I leave PrimoCache off most of the time.

You're running stock clocks except for a mild OC on your Cpu. I was running 1170/1500 Gpu and 4.4GHz. on 6 cores. Plus I was running on AC and dual PSUs. I leave PrimoCache off most of the time.

Yeah unfortunately I won't be seeing any higher than that with this machine. Way too much heat for its tiny heatsinks and fans to get rid of as it is. I find myself wishing I went for the 9570 more and more.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 880M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930K,Notebook P570WM After trying different Gpu voltages and several core clocks I've come to the conclusion that the 780M is a far better card to OC than the 880M. The most I can get so far without a freeze-up is 1175 core and 3000 vram. I have yet to complete a Vantage run at 1175/3000, 4.4 Cpu. That's on AC and dual psus. Anything over 3050 I start getting artifacts. Maybe I just have 2 DUD cards.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder how much more that benchmark is boosted by your superior RAM and vastly superior CPU. I can't get my RAM to 1500 so I tested it at 450 and boosted the core by 20 to try to offset it but no dice

veyjki.png

Catzilla incoming if my system will pass with it, hopefully it doesn't overload my 330W adapter at these clocks lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Catzilla 1080p (note the 93C, it started to throttle at the Raymarch and fluid tests slightly but its still the best score I've gotten on Catzilla to date)

2ltqzxe.png

[MENTION=119]Mr. Fox[/MENTION] your Sky Diver CPU score seems a bit low. Here's 11981 at just 4.55GHz (4.6 is crashing :(). I would expect 12200 at 4.7GHz. Have you tried your memory at T1? That run was with single rank memory at 2222 T1 10-11-11, so slightly less bandwidth than you due to the single rank, but much better latency.

AMD Radeon HD 7970M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,CLEVO P150EM

@Mr. Fox your Sky Diver CPU score seems a bit low. Here's 11981 at just 4.55GHz (4.6 is crashing :(). I would expect 12200 at 4.7GHz. Have you tried your memory at T1? That run was with single rank memory at 2222 T1 10-11-11, so slightly less bandwidth than you due to the single rank, but much better latency.

AMD Radeon HD 7970M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3920XM Processor Extreme Edition,CLEVO P150EM

I think it may have more to do with power depletion. Even with the dual 330W AC adapter that is right on the verge of shutting down. I have to turn off AlienFX, dim the display, etc. and lower the CPU TDP or it shuts down. If I don't push the GPUs as hard the physics score goes up, but the graphics and overall scores go down. Notice that my physics score in the run below (4.7GHz) is almost the same as my run above (4.5GHz). I might get it higher if I pull 2 of the 8GB sticks out. It does not want to run at T1 with 4 sticks, but it does so automatically with 2 sticks. I also reflashed my memory back to CL11 (not at CL10 any more) because Cinebench 11.5 won't run with it as CL10. Everything else does, but not Cinebench 11.5, so that must be an indication CL10 is 99% stable instead of 100%.

http://www.3dmark.com/sd/2151941

Shffmqvl.jpg