[BENCHMARKS] The OFFICIAL Thread

Brian

Not as long as the Master is switching up to 16x...

Yeah that's also normal without SLI, when both are directly communicating with the PCIe and not "sharing".

@ALL what's the ASCI of your GPUs? We have one 980M here which does 1520+Mhz (1.2v) benching stable and it has an ASIC of 77% another with 63% does about 1470Mhz...

Well as long as mine don't do that im good.

I have one that is 70(1500+/1478) and one that is 80(1500+/1550+). And both do 1486 to 1517 or so so far, but that is with all benching and not just 3dmark firestrike. Can game at at least (1446/1453). And been as high as (1486/1453)

Edit:

Side note

Just enabled SLI and set to powersaver mode and it still shows 16x for both cards.

For me and these mobile cards. That asic translates to how well your memory over clocks. And since memory over clocking really isn't winning any benchmarks in the mobile world short of working on firestrike. I'm good with it.

Side note:

Didn't seem to add anything more to gaming either.

But that is just my opinion and not a fact.

• Thumbs Up 1

For me and these mobile cards. That asic translates to how well your memory over clocks. And since memory over clocking really isn't winning any benchmarks in the mobile world short of working on firestrike. I'm good with it.

Ah, I feel better now.

I bet you feel even better with that newly bought 4960X. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

LOL...Ok, I officially have no clue...now I have seen all variants from people using the same setup... :P

No worries Prema. I did try setting it to 8x in the bios though.:77:

And that just went over so well. LOL

interesting indeed! i was just about to say that the cpu only provides 16 lanes anyways, so if the PCH provides another 8 for the gpus then thats it i guess? :P pure guesswork from my side now :D

These are socket 2011 systems so they have 40 total pci-e lanes, not 16 like the 988 pin cpus. I see no reason for the slave to run at x8 is SLI but x16 with SLI off other than a bios bug.

• 2 weeks later...

I did not get it from Eurocom, I got it used from ssj92 with no CPU or GPUs. Mythlogic (and most Sager/Clevo resellers) no longer offers this model. I think Eurocom is the only place you can still buy them new. I do really like it. Things changed a lot for this Clevo model going from Sandy to Sandy-E. They used to be pretty mediocre due to the CPU overclock being so crippled, but man... not any more, LOL.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930K,Clevo P570WM powered by PremaMod.com

Comparing the 980M SLI in the M18xR2 to single 980M in the Panther 5 with one 980M at the moment: Result

xyXnln9h.jpg

OK, finally installed that pathetic Windows 8.1 OS for Fire Strike and here is my first crack at it with the Panther 5.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4930K,Clevo P570WM powered by PremaMod.com

SKtY6v2.jpg

That is about 2.62045454545 times faster than my best over clocked score with my P170SM-A and 880M.