Clevo Metabox P570WM monster laptop

Clevorr

That is fans on Auto for games, and benchmark temps are about the same but i had the fans set to 100% for bench tests. Yeah i don't think there will be many real life progs that will utilise this chip yet. Its just awesome having this CPU in a laptop and running so cool but we will see in time when i push it. It kinda feels like my crazy desktop at times which runs the same chip.. lol GPU,s run really cool also, there is no comparison to the P370EM in cooling capacity to this monster but it is a lot thicker / heavier machine.

Yeah the plus is the heatsinks and fans sit directly above the hardware. There is no pipes where it has to travel to the sink like the 370EM and even the M18x. ;)

Yeah my p570wm is great too. Came from the x7200 which I liked too but its 480m gpu was pants!

My oc'd 680m's are at 954/2349 and average 65c in games and I have demciflex custom made on all the 4 fan ports under the laptop protecting from dust! Games are making my 3930k Max out at about 58c after exteded play. 3dmark will get CPU to 62 and gpu to 69c though, still good. This is all using auto fans and the fan profile on the p570wm ain't great tbh. Cooling can be even better cause fans come in too late, most of the time the 2nd CPU fan doesn't even operate! Gpu fan profiles are good though

Only thing pissing me off is the CPU oc abilty which clevo has made sure is not there for this system. Its messed up! Example is if u do a small 3.7ghz oc on CPU vcore is rammed up to around 1.35v! Which is enough for a 4.3ghz oc! This produces way too much heat for daily use! There is no way of controlling CPU vcore! Gpu could perform better also as clevo have locked the pcie at 1.1 instead of 2. With the nvidia patch we could unlock pcie 3 but nope, clevo says 1.1 only! Grrrr!

Apart from that its an excellent machine. If BIOS is sorted out to allow cpu oc while controlling vcore I'll have an orgasm!

And I forgot to mention I use coollaboratory liquid metal-ultra paste on CPU and gpu's. ..very, very carefully lol! Around 4c better than any other paste for me

• Founder
That is fans on Auto for games, and benchmark temps are about the same but i had the fans set to 100% for bench tests. Yeah i don't think there will be many real life progs that will utilise this chip yet. Its just awesome having this CPU in a laptop and running so cool but we will see in time when i push it. It kinda feels like my crazy desktop at times which runs the same chip.. lol GPU,s run really cool also, there is no comparison to the P370EM in cooling capacity to this monster but it is a lot thicker / heavier machine.

Yeah the plus is the heatsinks and fans sit directly above the hardware. There is no pipes where it has to travel to the sink like the 370EM and even the M18x. ;)

So when do we get pics of the internals? ;)

Yeah my p570wm is great too. Came from the x7200 which I liked too but its 480m gpu was pants!

My oc'd 680m's are at 954/2349 and average 65c in games and I have demciflex custom made on all the 4 fan ports under the laptop protecting from dust! Games are making my 3930k Max out at about 58c after exteded play. 3dmark will get CPU to 62 and gpu to 69c though, still good. This is all using auto fans and the fan profile on the p570wm ain't great tbh. Cooling can be even better cause fans come in too late, most of the time the 2nd CPU fan doesn't even operate! Gpu fan profiles are good though

Only thing pissing me off is the CPU oc abilty which clevo has made sure is not there for this system. Its messed up! Example is if u do a small 3.7ghz oc on CPU vcore is rammed up to around 1.35v! Which is enough for a 4.3ghz oc! This produces way too much heat for daily use! There is no way of controlling CPU vcore! Gpu could perform better also as clevo have locked the pcie at 1.1 instead of 2. With the nvidia patch we could unlock pcie 3 but nope, clevo says 1.1 only! Grrrr!

Apart from that its an excellent machine. If BIOS is sorted out to allow cpu oc while controlling vcore I'll have an orgasm!

And I forgot to mention I use coollaboratory liquid metal-ultra paste on CPU and gpu's. ..very, very carefully lol! Around 4c better than any other paste for me

I hear ya about the Vcore for mild overclocks. Same problem with a p150EM. Only solution I see is to make 4.3GHz thermally stable, which is no small task. Fixing this would require having real BIOS settings, which it seems clevo is committed to never doing.

Hey thanks! Yeah i am pretty happy with it and so one must be for how much it costs! lol Its just a monster with a Ton of potential, im glad i got it. Will post up more as i test and play around with it further. ;)

*Damn, this thing runs sooo Cool. Great cooling design on this monster for sure!! Playing games now at Ambient room temp of 23 degrees C now running the 1050v OV bios the 680M,s don't go above 74 degrees. And CPU doesn't even go above 60 degrees C. WOW! Gaming @ 980mhz / 2100mhz and killing every game.

My good man, what ov vbios are u using? I want to try the clevo ov 1.025 vbios, I think that would allow me 1000/2400 oc

Yes but I can see why clevo did it, they're not confident enough with the cooling for the CPU. Tbh it can't handle an oc'd 3930k. The thing is I could oc and undervolt at the same time. But that control is taken away, the x7200 was great as I could oc my 980x to 4ghz on all cores while undervolting slightly which kept temp good

Yes but I can see why clevo did it, they're not confident enough with the cooling for the CPU. Tbh it can't handle an oc'd 3930k. The thing is I could oc and undervolt at the same time. But that control is taken away, the x7200 was great as I could oc my 980x to 4ghz on all cores while undervolting slightly which kept temp good

Clevo does provide VRM schematics if you want to try to figure out a hardmod to reduce voltage. There did not seem a to a practical one for my P150EM but perhaps that is not the case for you.

Also BCLK overclocking does not automatically raise the VID like raising the multiplier does. I'm not sure if FTIC will work for your chipset but if it does then you can follow http://forum.techinferno.com/general-notebook-discussions/2091-lets-enable-overclocking-all-6-7-series-laptops.html to get BCLK overclocking. I only got 104.17 fully stable so it doesn't get you very far, but that's around .05V off VID at the same clocks as just raising the multiplier.

So when do we get pics of the internals? ;)

Yeah i will do some soon. Its a great design like the X7200 was but just uses a bigger sink.

My good man, what ov vbios are u using? I want to try the clevo ov 1.025 vbios, I think that would allow me 1000/2400 oc

Yeh im using that OV 1.025 bios atm as the next one up doesn't really help much really so id rather be on the lowest i can. Those runs were @ 1049/2200 i think. Yeah your right about the PCi 1.1 but there is only a slight drop in score due to it so its no big deal unless you wanna break records or just have a huge numbers which im not worried about. I get higher FPS from this machine than i did with both the P370EM and the M18x and i can game at 980mhz and it runs sooo cool so im happy as.

As far as the bios yes it sucks bigtime! I don't even know how you are overclocking at all ??? XTU comes up and allows you to set the settings but then when you reboot, it says error cannot apply those changes etc.. Was giving me the shits so i uninstalled it. lol Its only a matter time before there will be a nice bios for these machines as there are a few people on "notebook review" forum that have them and i think Xotic pc has some tweaks already. Mine runs really cool so i have a fair bit of room to OC having the fans 100% of coarse.. Most good 3930k,s chips can go to 4.5-4.6ghz with stock volts which doesn't make that much more heat. I have 2 that can do it and 1 needs a lot of volts so depends on the chip is how its gonna be and if your lucky!

Yeah i will do some soon. Its a great design like the X7200 was but just uses a bigger sink.

Yeh im using that OV 1.025 bios atm as the next one up doesn't really help much really so id rather be on the lowest i can. Those runs were @ 1049/2200 i think. Yeah your right about the PCi 1.1 but there is only a slight drop in score due to it so its no big deal unless you wanna break records or just have a huge numbers which im not worried about. I get higher FPS from this machine than i did with both the P370EM and the M18x and i can game at 980mhz and it runs sooo cool so im happy as.

As far as the bios yes it sucks bigtime! I don't even know how you are overclocking at all ??? XTU comes up and allows you to set the settings but then when you reboot, it says error cannot apply those changes etc.. Was giving me the shits so i uninstalled it. lol Its only a matter time before there will be a nice bios for these machines as there are a few people on "notebook review" forum that have them and i think Xotic pc has some tweaks already. Mine runs really cool so i have a fair bit of room to OC having the fans 100% of coarse.. Most good 3930k,s chips can go to 4.5-4.6ghz with stock volts which doesn't make that much more heat. I have 2 that can do it and 1 needs a lot of volts so depends on the chip is how its gonna be and if your lucky!

To overclock my P150EM I need to edit the BIOS with AMIBCP to force higher turbo ratio limits. Each multiplier change = BIOS flash. It's annoying, but it works. PM me if you are interested.

lawtq did you find another method or are you doing the same thing I'm doing?

• Thumbs Up 1

To overclock my P150EM I need to edit the BIOS with AMIBCP to force higher turbo ratio limits. Each multiplier change = BIOS flash. It's annoying, but it works. PM me if you are interested.

Aww yeah thanks, that is pretty cool that at least you can do it. I am not real confident with flashing and modding bios,s so i try to avoid it unless i have no other choice but it may be something to try! I was gonna just wait till someone makes the options available as im pretty sure once there are a decent number of people with this beast, it will be done. I dunno why XTU is giving me issues as it should work fine. @lawtq How do you OC yours or you don't ?? I do believe that XoticPC are actually doing it and sending some machines out OC,d to around 4.3ghz out of the box ready to go but i doubt they would help or supply anything unless you buy the machine from them. lol

Well looks like we on the way to having an actual bios with full Tweaks and settings for OCing this Monster! That's all im gonna say for now. Stay tuned.. ;)

EDIT: Did a bit of a carbon wrap on the palm rest as after a long time it goes dull and loses its shine. ;)

e7b8yq.jpg

Unlocking it slowly :devilish: Loving this beast and among gaming and stuff i have been playing around with settings now. I need to get some faster memory for this thing as its got junk in it atm, then will test some more and see what happens!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,Notebook P570WM score: P14504 3DMarks

156zplx.jpg

Unlocking it slowly :devilish: Loving this beast and among gaming and stuff i have been playing around with settings now. I need to get some faster memory for this thing as its got junk in it atm, then will test some more and see what happens!

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,Notebook P570WM score: P14504 3DMarks

156zplx.jpg

How did you overclock the CPU? You got a real BIOS?

How did you overclock the CPU? You got a real BIOS?

Yes, testing a beta and you should have a full final version available soon! ;).

EDIT: Testing further and going up slowly! Gonna install my faster Ram and see what happens as now i can control settings via Bios! ;)

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/6452415

OK, so the Tester are working hard with me and things are slowly brightening up for this model with the latest Prema Mod beta.

I am trying to address each of the flaws that keep this system from sending the Aliens home: :Banane11:

FIXED: PCIe limited to 1.1x:

680mpcie20test.png

FIXED: CPU Turbo capped @ 3.xGhz:

dajimbo.jpg

20130420184606.jpg

20130420212705.jpg

FIXED (partially): RAM capped @ 1600Mhz:

20130423210751.jpg

FIXED: Xenon Turbo not working at all:

testhwinfo2689maxturbo.png

FIXED: Xtreme Core Turbo & OC not working!

FIXED: Underclocking

61865657.jpg

Yep, you are a true legend Prema! Still testing and going very well. 300 3d Marks increase from PCI 1.1 to PCI 2.0.. Installing faster Memory tomorrow and will then test and play some more!! I am getting close to the limit now due to ambient temps and have been doing all tests with NO A/C, just normal room temps and sitting as standard on my desk. ;) I love how this thing destroys games!!!! LOL

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,Notebook P570WM score: P14888 3DMarks

Clevorr, Prema, you guys are making me it hard for me to concentrate on work!!

After weeks of coming to accept this machines cpu limitations I'm so excited now! Thanks Prema!! Aren't those 4.2ghz figures lovely in your pics Prema?!

Clevorr yes I do oc the cpu via xtu but as you say, it is crap. Constant error messages like you get with settings not applying after reboot!!

Terrible, the secret is enabling Turbo Runtime Override, (If) that setting sticks and doesn't reset

and then you have to increase to cpu voltage by upping Core Current Limit, Which just overheats the cpu!

Then you have to select High Performance power setting as Balanced will just keep the cpu at 3.2ghz!! I want max power at Balanced setting, dont want my cpu rammed up the the max while doing nothing.

Upon restarting a couple of times say goodbye to your settings as they magically rest themselves!

Clevos dayamn bios can only oc if voltage is rammed up, even though as we all know our 3930k's can oc to silly over 4ghz with stock voltages, it saddens me, but the test bios has taught clevos bios makers a lesson. This model was delayed due to heating issues apparently but here I am with a good oc and no heat issues regarding cpu and especially gpu.

Nice to see these systems come alive. I wonder if PCI-E 3.0 would work? The fact that clevo didn't even let the system use 2.0 though makes me feel that that is unlikely. The benefit would be tiny anyway.

So you guys have proper voltage control now? I see that the 4.2ghz shots were 1.311 VID instead of the normal 1.351 that I normally see for 3.4ghz+

No proper vid control yet, but its much better as Premas pic of my hwinfo shows. Heat is practically the same, how clevo ballsed this one up I don't know

If u lower cpu vcore, your clocks just wont go up. The 1.225v at 4ghz on my RE4 extreme with same cpu just aint possible yet on clevos bios, you'll get maybe 3.6ghz at 1.2v+ even though 4.2ghz is set in bios

Yeah its still 100 times better than the pathetic Stock Clevo Bios, but final version should be awesome! Im having a little trouble with the "runtime turbo" disabling itself at times and going back to default settings. And can do timings on memory but it kinda has a mental when i try to change the speed, doesn't like it much! @lawtq Do you have any problems like that? PM me about it if you can and will discuss other settingscoz i dunno what the go is and maybe its just me..

Anyways, little further but i wanted to crack the 15k mark.. :(NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,Notebook P570WM score: P14988 3DMarks

wi624l.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah its still 100 times better than the pathetic Stock Clevo Bios, but final version should be awesome! Im having a little trouble with the "runtime turbo" disabling itself at times and going back to default settings. And can do timings on memory but it kinda has a mental when i try to change the speed, doesn't like it much! @lawtq Do you have any problems like that? PM me about it if you can and will discuss other settingscoz i dunno what the go is and maybe its just me..

Anyways, little further but i wanted to crack the 15k mark.. :(NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3930K Processor,Notebook P570WM score: P14988 3DMarks

wi624l.jpg

Are temps still fine with the 1.05V BIOS? svl7 does have 1.075V and 1.1V BIOS if you PM him.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hahahaha Yeah i can go more volts easy for the GPU,s as the temps only max out at 75 degrees even with this 1050v vbios. lol Next bump up in voltage should get me way over 15k total id say, and no.1 spot on 3dmark11 for this setup as there is still one user with the P570WM that is just beating me but id say he has more GPU voltage.. ;) Will do that after im finished testing and playing with this real bios!

Edit: I doubt i will ever get as high a GPU score as Johnksss OR Mrfox with there Alienwares as i think they are using some sort of cooling aid e.g A/C under the base of system etc.. I could run my laptop in a meat fridge and net heaps more points but i don't see the point in running tests out of real life conditions so i will just do my best with the machine sitting flat on my desk as i use it everyday and the results will be true and honest to what the system is capable of doing.. ;)