GTX 660M or GTX 570 ?

ideaalne

Wich one is faaster? One friend offers me Intel i7 2600k@4,5Ghz 1,32V,RAM:4x4GB G.Skill RipjawsZ DDR3 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24 1.5V,PNY GTX 570 Performance edition 1280mb 320bit fore a chance of my G75VW 1to1. My asus score NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-3610QM Processor,ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. G75VW score: 20315 3DMarks Worth deal or not ?

Hi, @ideaalne, in terms of overall performance of CPU + GPU - to me it's way better configuration and sure more powerful than G75VW, but you must compare it in same resolution and setting if you wanna judge them in case of 3dm06...

• 1 month later...
GTX660M or GTX570 ? :62:

mobilty graphics are not so good like desktop.

the gtx660m has the power of the gts450 !

the gtx680m has less power than the gtx570

At stock sure... but mobility chips tend to have tons of OC room too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yep, like all the others said- Desktop and laptop cards are different spectrums of performance. you can find a good gaming laptop that can perform similar to a GTX 570 if you throw your price range into the 1700+ and SLI but otherwise GTX 570 by a longshot. Unless you really need something mobile, you can just stick to desktop.

The GTX 660M is basically the same chip as the GTX 650 (384 CUDA cores, non-Ti version), and it's approximately half as fast as the GTX 570: MSI GeForce GTX 650 Power Edition OC 1 GB Review | techPowerUp. However, if you lower the resolution the GTX 660M is pretty serviceable for gaming. Buy as long as mobility is not important to you, the desktop GTX 570 is absolutely the better choice of GPU. Depending on how well it overclocks, it's also well known that the GTX 570 can get close to the GTX 580, which was a flagship card from a few years ago.

Not sure if I'm reading this thread correctly. Your friend is offering you a 570 desktop setup for your 660M setup?

personally, once I'd gone kepler, I could never go back down.

If you don't care about heat/wattage, 570 will far outperform a 660M though. Even OC'd.