Massive Frame Drop

hey all,

I completed the AMD 7970M upgrade in January 2013, and it went perfect! but today i had my motherboard replaced under warranty due to the Ethernet port not working, after having a mix up with Alienware and about 3 faulty motherboards fitted i now have one that allows the computer to start, and also has a working Ethernet connection!

But, there is always a BUT! when i play games which i used to get 60-80 fps during a high load battle and about 120 fps just standing around (World of Warcraft) i now get 6 - 15 fps in major city's and 20-30 fps being stationary! i have re seated and re pasted the GPU but this has not helped, any ideas what the reason to this may be? neither the GPU or CPU temps are high, but the grames have droped by 75% since the new motherboard has been installed!

NovaBench

322 FPS with Geforce Graphics Card

907 FPS with AMD 7970M

These results where on 08/01/13 when the new card was fitted (before / after)

Now i run the benchmark again and i am only getting 219 FPS... what has happened?

also, Alienware are now informing me that due to the change of graphics card the whole laptop is warranty void? i thought this was not the case with Alieware?

Many thanks for your time to reply to this issue!

Jake

i have noticed, that enabling and disabling Stealth Mode boosts the FPS! but i cant be playing a game costantly enabling and disabling stealth mode!? any ideas?

during nova bench, enabling and disabling stealth mode boosts the fps to 400 but then goes back down to 250 pretty quick?

thanks for reading