Battlefield 4 discussion

Jimbo

I hear about, that the 331.54 driver seems to be more stable for playing BF4.

My Girlfriend plays with the 331.65 driver and got Direct X crashes too.

Myself is playing on Laptop with an very old 302.77 Mod driver and it is stable (But slow).

At the Moment I got no other choice because of Upgrading my VGA and found no VBios that fits.

But stable. Maybe ist worth a try.

Funny you should mention this. I found that fix on my own a while ago when I attempted to force Shadowplay to work on an Optimus laptop (greatly failed).

Video provides proof and what steps I took to do it.

As for the general consensus about the game, its decent, not great or groundbreaking. Same as BF3 IMO and will not be as awesome as BF2142.

I did get BF4 for free however due to an EA insider working on the Origin client. The Premium service I had to pay for since its not part of Origin itself, but a DICE service (not EA). So I guess I got the cheaper end of the deal overall.

I'm running a

650m 2GB Core 1000Mhz Memery 2000Mhz

I7 3630QM Turbo Forced at 3.2Ghz

Settings

Resolution - 1600 x 900

Resolution Scale - 100%

Texture Quality - Ultra

Texture Filtering - Ultra

Lighting Quality - Ultra

Effects Quality - Low

Post Processing Quality - Low

Mesh Quality- Medium

Terrain Quality- High

Terrain Decoration - Low

AA defered - Off

AA post - Off

AO - Off

Using B4SE I turned off DX11 and set shadowmap to 1024. Tripple Buffering Disabled. FPS maxed at 62.

I never drop below 40. Anyone else getting anything better or worse?

BTW If you're stuttering DON'T FORGET TO UNPARK YOUR CORES.

Is there anyone out there running this on 675mx? I want to get this game but I am worried about the performance on my laptop.

The 675m will be able to play BF4 on High settings at around 50+ FPS. According to notebookcheck.com, the 675m and 765m are very similar (with the 765m being slightly slower). I have an Alienware 14 with the 765m and can play BF4 just fine on high.

• Founder

After painfully realizing that DiCE/EA will never fix this game and keep releasing one shitty DLC after the next, I've grown tired of the game and moved on. Lately I find myself enjoying SP games more than a lot of the MP ones out there. Anyone else feel the same way?

After painfully realizing that DiCE/EA will never fix this game and keep releasing one shitty DLC after the next, I've grown tired of the game and moved on. Lately I find myself enjoying SP games more than a lot of the MP ones out there. Anyone else feel the same way?

Same here. No longer a fan of the bigger series (CoD / BF / etc). I play Warframe solo or with irl friend but that's about it. Started going back to play SP games again. Had a lot of fun messing around in Saints Row 3 the last couple days.

That... or building more of my custom flashlights @@! (<- actual picture of eyes when done)

• Founder

Haha too funny, EA tried their best to market this turd to console gamers and in turn pissed off many PC fans by shipping a half baked product and in the end it doesn't look like it panned out too well for them. These are the black friday game sales:

post-5-14494996631345_thumb.jpg

I don't see BF4 anywhere on that list. Eat a dick EA/DICE.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a chance to buy it on sale for less than $30 and decided to pass. I will wait for it to drop to $10-15 and after it's patched I might buy it if it is not such a piece of crap.

Yes, I also agree with your earlier comment. SP games FTW... online multi-player has never been something I enjoy, but especially not when it's crappy. LAN with friends is fun, but that's the only kind of MP games I enjoy much.

I read that DICE stopped developpement of next DLCs to get more employees working on bug correction.

Let's hope it's true ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I have now over 50 hours of game time, the game is enjoyable but still has the same flaws as bf3, and introduced even new ones, weapons have really low recoil and are a lot easier to learn, you get killed a lot easier by less skilled players. And the level design is even worst, lockdown is the worst multiplayer map ever made for 64 players.

bf4 crash on my pc a lot of times, it's an exemple of unfinished game. They rushed the developpement to release it faster. i have a lot of fps drop in multiplayer and i think it's not the most beautiful game. According to me, Arma 3 is more beautiful than bf4.

Supposedly they're fixing the game now by halting work on other projects.

Sent from my RM-937_apac_hong_kong_222 using Tapatalk

More specifically, they've also had their dev team pause production on any DLC until the current bugs are ironed out. Which is a nice surprise lol

WHile this game has many issues it is still very fun to play. It hasn't been crashing on me much lately if at all. THe odd glitches are noticeable but as long as it is crash free i love it. Dice really needs to get it straight, but do not let these issues keep you from buying it on sale. It is worth it. It also runs very well now even on weak systems. i have the y510p and even with SLI disabled (running on one gt 750m oc +135 core and +400mhz memory) i can run it on medium settings @1080p with post processing at medium and ssao on. I get a solid 40+ fps at these settings. With sli enabled i get 60+ and can easily run it on high still getting in the 50 fps range. the anti-aliasing is what kills these cards since they only have 128bit memory bus.

ARMA 3 is very, very nice but BF4 is awesome. But i have sometime still Game Crahses (dx error)....

If you get the DX error it appears to be related to the gpu overheating. I have had the issue as well but once I made sure I was getting better cooling the DX errors went away and I haven't had them since :)

bf4 crash on my pc a lot of times, it's an exemple of unfinished game. They rushed the developpement to release it faster. i have a lot of fps drop in multiplayer and i think it's not the most beautiful game. According to me, Arma 3 is more beautiful than bf4.

Install it: Battlefield 4/Installer/Redist/DXSETUP and test my config (user.cfg). Helped me for more FPS +12/15 FPS and no more crashes maybe this will help you.

user.cfg Battlefield 4:

RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1

RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 1

RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 1

RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0

WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0

WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0

WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0

WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0

WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0

WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0

WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0

WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0

WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 512

WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0

RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0

PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0

PerfOverlay.DrawFps 1

GameTime.MaxVariableFps 0

Screenshot.Format png

UI.DrawEnable 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just downloaded it the other day and I get anywhere from 40-60 FPS (Usually stays around 55 or so) on high on my Lenovo Y510p with the SLI config. When my CM Storm SF-19 comes in, I plan on overclocking it if it is worthwhile (If I see a noticeable change in the FPS) and it stays cool.

The only problem I have with running this game on high is that it cooks my graphics cards! They like to float anywhere from 85-95 degrees Celsius. I'm hoping the cooler will help keep them more like 80 degrees Celcius, but is there anything I can do to help keep my laptop cool? I have it on a 4 20 oz pop caps, one on each corner, to help elevate it a little until my cooler comes in.

The only issues I've been having with BF4 are mainly online issues with getting into servers, and being randomly kicked. Other than that the game itself runs fine. I do have some FPS drops but I'm running on ULTRA on 2 GTX 680's so I can see how that can sometimes happen.