Battlefield 4 discussion

Jimbo

To start with, check out the gameplay video -

What do you guys think? I loved BF3 but got badly burned by MOH: Warfarter. I'll probably still preorder though, something about running over ex-COD noobs with a giant tank is hard to give up.:snicker:

• Thumbs Up 4

I watched just a part of the video. The graphics overall look pretty good, weapon models are still not convincing. It looks to be a further improved Frostbite2 engine, hopefully this time with the long-awaited 64bit support. It is of course a fine move of the marketing machine of EA to name the engine Frostbite3 so most users think of something totally new.

Like every year Battlefield, Call of Duty and Assassins Creed will find their way to my Origin, Steam and Uplay library...:anonymous:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Founder

Looks like a slightly improved bf 3 with more particle effects and lighting. Not really compelling unless they make radical gameplay changes. Some I'd like to see include commander mode, more focus on arcade like gameplay and physics and less realism. BF series is slowly turning into COD with tanks but with slower gameplay. Try playing bf 1942 and you will see what I mean.

Sent from my GT-N7000

• Thumbs Up 1

I would have just liked to have seen more work on bf3 weapons instead of dlc's as they are introducing a new game but the old one still has OP weapons and major glitches but hey money is starting to be main objective now with bf series its fast going the cod direction ..shame

I would have just liked to have seen more work on bf3 weapons instead of dlc's as they are introducing a new game but the old one still has OP weapons and major glitches but hey money is starting to be main objective now with bf series its fast going the cod direction ..shame

You mean even more changes to the weapons behavior using oversized patches?!?:stupid: Or do you mean just adding additional weapons and vehicles rather than additional maps?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
You mean even more changes to the weapons behavior using oversized patches?!?:stupid: Or do you mean just adding additional weapons and vehicles rather than additional maps?:confused:

i mean theyhavent done alot of nerfing required for competitive play and even just normal multiplayer eg the jets? ever run around a map and one guys is dominating the sky 50-0 in a jet they are really OP

Bf4 should sort all these things out as they said no more co-op in bf4 they are concentrating completely on eSports as a whole for the game

Battlefield series has turned into a money grab with eye candy game went down hill after bf2:bc and nothing will compare to 1942 was the first battlefield game i played flying massive maps nothing could beat it

Battlefield series has turned into a money grab with eye candy game went down hill after bf2:bc and nothing will compare to 1942 was the first battlefield game i played flying massive maps nothing could beat it

Holy hell that hurt to read.

I agree though. It definitely was a cash grab. Maybe BF4 will add things we wanted from BF2 and improve upon BF3.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So burnt out on "modern warfare" series... I'm sad to see this happen to Battlefield. Battlefield used to be one unique conflict per title, WWII -> Vietnam -> Modern era -> Future era...

Now it's just modern era after modern era. Battlefield 2, 3, 4, Bad Company, Bad Company 2, it's just too much. They need to go back into the future or do a war they haven't done yet like the Korean War.

It looks much more realistic but i dont feel there's going to be much difference with bf3. I just hope that upcoming games in the future can be well optimize meaning it will be more realisitc as well as good in performance to make us of the older graphic cards or cpu we're using currently.

So burnt out on "modern warfare" series... I'm sad to see this happen to Battlefield. Battlefield used to be one unique conflict per title, WWII -> Vietnam -> Modern era -> Future era...

Now it's just modern era after modern era. Battlefield 2, 3, 4, Bad Company, Bad Company 2, it's just too much. They need to go back into the future or do a war they haven't done yet like the Korean War.

The one thing I like about how they always do modern era is that everyone uses 5.56 and 5.45mm guns without realizing how amazing the 7.62mms are like the g3a3, and thus I wreck everyone with the g3 (as long as I'm not suppressed). If they go older then all guns with be 7.62 (or 7.9mm for germans) and I will no longer be special :(

The changeup would be interesting though. Personally I don't know if I will be getting bf4. It seems like a bf3 expansion that costs $60.

• Thumbs Up 1

Totally agree. I was like 90% sure they were going to release BF 2143 first since there were a few easter eggs regarding the 2142 game in BF3.

They go where the money goes =/ It will still be a great game, question is how great... I used to be a huge CoD fan but realizing the massive change that occurred after cod4 and mw2 i just lost interest, maybe it's because of all the morons that play COD with their god complex haha