Asus G46 Unlocked Bios

Ok Klem, so I understand that with your bios, I can overclock the GTX660m. Klem with your bios are you able to also overclock the processor, such as a 3920xm with it possibly? What other additional features is included in your bios?

• Bios Modder

In my mod bios is unlocked all hidden additional features and menu. And yes of course will may overclock the all model processors i7 3720QM and above.

• 1 month later...

Just FYI been using the unlocked bios from Klem and like the additional features. Flashing was pretty simple, and he set my gpu to run at 1006/2500 and it runs great. Definitely worth the donation he is asking. Been running the 3940xm in the G46 and all has been well, and ocing by changing the mutliplier is pretty easy with the bios. I suggest pming Klem and getting the bios you won't be disappointed.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Just FYI been using the unlocked bios from Klem and like the additional features. Flashing was pretty simple, and he set my gpu to run at 1006/2500 and it runs great. Definitely worth the donation he is asking. Been running the 3940xm in the G46 and all has been well, and ocing by changing the mutliplier is pretty easy with the bios. I suggest pming Klem and getting the bios you won't be disappointed.

It's not really much of a donation. You're paying him for a service, whether its good or not, and not out of free will. So, its more just a payment for an item instead of a donation.

• 1 year later...
On 2016-01-24 at 6:02 AM, ModJPB said:

Hi, first of all I must say nice work buddy!

The absolute biggest question for me is how you move all that extra heat out of your system after overvolting & overclocking GPU and CPU?
My G46VW has never been close to move sufficient heat from my stock 660M + 3740QM during high load, not w/o throttling. Did run my CPU at some extra multipliers but that wasn't really healthy temp wise.

Edited by jacobsson

4 hours ago, jacobsson said:

Hi, first of all I must say nice work buddy!

The absolute biggest question for me is how you move all that extra heat out of your system after overvolting & overclocking GPU and CPU?
My G46VW has never been close to move sufficient heat from my stock 660M + 3740QM during high load, not w/o throttling. Did run my CPU at some extra multipliers but that wasn't really healthy temp wise.

Good question. I replaced the thermal paste on both the CPU and GPU with something of much better quality, Antec Formula 7. Also in the bios you can reduce the trip point temperature at which the fan spins up to 100% (i changed mine to 63C I believe). My GPU is fine both overvolted and overclocked, it will not throttle, It can reach 85C on the fuzzy donut test in Kombuster but in actuall gaming it sits in the mid 70C. My CPU (3820QM) when bench-marking will throttle due to heat though, but while playing games it is fine. Games don't seem to put as much stress as benchmarks do.

My next mod is to cut two holes on the bottom of the case and install a fan grill to supply the CPU and GPU fan direct, unrestriced, fresh air. I heard from one post that on a G55VW they were able to reduce temps by 15C with the thermal paste and intake cutout. I'll report back my findings.

15 hours ago, ModJPB said:

Good question. I replaced the thermal paste on both the CPU and GPU with something of much better quality, Antec Formula 7. Also in the bios you can reduce the trip point temperature at which the fan spins up to 100% (i changed mine to 63C I believe). My GPU is fine both overvolted and overclocked, it will not throttle, It can reach 85C on the fuzzy donut test in Kombuster but in actuall gaming it sits in the mid 70C. My CPU (3820QM) when bench-marking will throttle due to heat though, but while playing games it is fine. Games don't seem to put as much stress as benchmarks do.

My next mod is to cut two holes on the bottom of the case and install a fan grill to supply the CPU and GPU fan direct, unrestriced, fresh air. I heard from one post that on a G55VW they were able to reduce temps by 15C with the thermal paste and intake cutout. I'll report back my findings.

Thanks for your elaborate answer!

I fully agree on that the system need some extra air . I'd monitor the system very careful after cutting those holes though, "the flow" of air from intake to outake can be heavily degraded, which can lead to overheat of other components.

I must ask, you're are not by any chance able to undervolt your CPU at this point? 

Edited by jacobsson

Hi Jacobsson,

Unfortunately I have not been able to figure out how to change the cpu voltage or BCLK on this motherboard. I do realize that this feature is embedded somewhere in the Intel ME code but after looking through the code in a hex-editor it looks as if ASUS modified the code slightly. 

EDIT! Actually now that I found a reference point to look at I believe I might actually be able to perform the modification to enable the settings in Intel XTU.  I will take a look later tonight. Everyone pray I don't brick my system.

Update: This is impossible to change the ME without a programmer. ASUS write protected the intel ME descriptor region so the settings cannot be flashed.

Edited by ModJPB

• 1 month later...
On 1/30/2016 at 2:35 PM, Arise said:

What did you have to do in order to enable the hidden chipset menu?

I tried to enable it back then but no success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is how you unlock the Chipset Menu in an AMI Bios, 

Edited by ModJPB
  • Thumbs Up 1