MSI GT783R (GTX 580M) Rebooting when playing Directx11 games:

amidsal

Hi,

I am currently with a very annoying problem with my laptop: it is rebooting when I play a Directx11 game and only Directx11. By elimination, I excluded temperature, Bios Version (30H), OS (W7x64), Defective AC Adapter (ordered a new one from ebay), tried the EC reset and neither of this worked. I found the problem when I started playing Witcher 2 again and it didn't reboot. To confirm my suspicions, I downloaded Heaven Benchmark 4 to stress test my computer. Nothing happen when using Directx9 but it always reboots after 5 minutes under DIrectx11.

After that I started looking in the internet about problems in mine specific video card and found that many other users were having problems with GTX 580/580M when running games that used Directx11; they were raising the voltage in the card to go around the problem so I believe my problem is kind of related. Can anyone help me here in what should I do to solve this problem? What can I do?

Regards,

Amid