[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Posted P15xSM-A, P17xSM-A, P370SM-A and P375SM-A stock BIOS and EC updates for GTX980M & GTX970M support in the OP.

Mods will follow in time for availability of the cards.

There you go, Clevo took care of you SM-A guys this time. ;)

Oh no, no P377? :(

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Because P170SM-A is just a new "marketing" version of the P170SM, i tried to flash my P170SM with a P170SM-A bios

It works and the laptop post, but the 780m is not properly recognised anymore (need to mod the .inf to install driver).

The keyboard is not illuminated anymore and i think that it is related to hotkey software.

Do you know if illuminated keyboard need a new version of hotkey to work with those new bios? got hotkey 2.34.50

You really need to flash the P170SM bios. I flashed the P170SM bios on my P170SM-A and things didn't work correctly. My laptop posted, but did not recognize the 880M.

Hum ... only thing i note, is the issue with the illuminated keyboard, Gtx780 is not properly recognized, but that is normal because the P170SM-A only support 880m and now 980m. But by modding the driver (.inf) i will be able to make the 780m works.

I flash back to P170SM bios ...

Because P170SM-A is just a new "marketing" version of the P170SM, i tried to flash my P170SM with a P170SM-A bios

It works and the laptop post, but the 780m is not properly recognised anymore (need to mod the .inf to install driver).

The keyboard is not illuminated anymore and i think that it is related to hotkey software.

Do you know if illuminated keyboard need a new version of hotkey to work with those new bios? got hotkey 2.34.50

While it doesn't brick (at least in most cases, some had a sudden EC shutdown during flash), it also isn't recommended to crossflash as the entire EC chip version and many smaller things regarding hardware where changed between the SM and SM-A models.

So when wil be Your's bios for P170SM to support 980m ? :)

And maybe other minor fixes too :D

Once I find someone with a SM (non-A) and a GTX9x0M to test it. :D

Oh no, no P377? :(

Should come soon...P3 BIOS are all first build upon a P370 base and then only ported to 375, 377.

Sager themselves are crossflashing the P370SM-A BIOS to their P377SM-A atm... ;)

Thank You Prema ;)

Can someone tell me about woofer - how to make it to work ?

I don't see any difference when I set up realtek for 7.1 system and check subwoofer. So how to configure it to see that it work - np for potplayer, youtube ?

Install sound blaster x-fi mb3, that's what made mine work. It will not do anything without it.

With that said, its not much better than not having it, these sound systems are cheap. It's not worth the hassle if you ask me, the sound blaster software is annoying.

So without Soundblaster software - subwoofer will not work? :(

It didn't for me. But at the same time, it doesn't have hardly any effect when it "works" either as I said.

I also notice that microphone is bad and not good for skype. Do you have similar experience ?

Unfortunately yes. And that's where my irritation with the sound blaster software comes in because it throws a fit when I hook up my playstation gold wireless USB headset.

Can I also connect 3 external monitors for 1 hdmi and 2 display ports ?

I have radeon card but I do not have chance to check if it work to have total all 4 screens.

And next questions :

1. - Hotkey app is better in P170SM-A or make many problems like this one in P170SM ?

2. - "-A" models have more dependance from hotkey app or it is no difference ?

3. Can I force by bios to use Radeon for any graphic task ?

Can I also connect 3 external monitors for 1 hdmi and 2 display ports ?

I have radeon card but I do not have chance to check if it work to have total all 4 screens.

And next questions :

1. - Hotkey app is better in P170SM-A or make many problems like this one in P170SM ?

2. - "-A" models have more dependance from hotkey app or it is no difference ?

3. Can I force by bios to use Radeon for any graphic task ?

Those questions I can not answer for you, hopefully someone else can chime in.

Do you have a change log for the P15XSM-A BIOS?

Clevos changelog is as usual useless. The BIOS was specially made for GTX9 cards and it is not even mentioned in it.

All it says is:

"Improve IEEE1394 compatibility."

Clevos changelog is as usual useless. The BIOS was specially made for GTX9 cards and it is not even mentioned in it.

All it says is:

"Improve IEEE1394 compatibility."

I was talking about the the changelog for the prema mod BIOS. Speaking of which, there's a password on the rar file. Am I an idiot, or do I have to get it from somewhere?

I was talking about the the changelog for the prema mod BIOS. Speaking of which, there's a password on the rar file. Am I an idiot, or do I have to get it from somewhere?

I have to update changelogs...take a look at the P1xxSM one for the time being, they are about the same.

Password is in the OP. ;)

I have to update changelogs...take a look at the P1xxSM one for the time being, they are about the same.

Password is in the OP. ;)

Thank you sir. I didn't spend a ton of money on a "custom" laptop to not be able to change stuff. Keep up the good work! =D

• Thumbs Up 1

P150SM-A is going to support 9xx series with official BIOS update?

Posted P15xSM-A, P17xSM-A, P370SM-A and P375SM-A stock BIOS and EC updates for GTX980M & GTX970M support in the OP.

Mods will follow in time for availability of the cards.

There you go, Clevo took care of you SM-A guys this time.;)

There's your answer.

• Thumbs Up 2

i left a message on the notebookreview forums but since this official for your mods i'll post it here too.

i replaced my w230st with a w230ss due to a unrelated prob. (nothing to do with the bios)

anyway the dGPU - ASPM feature worked on the w230st but doesn't on the w230ss. the laptop fails to shutdown properly.

the screen goes off likes it's shutting down and then it just hangs with a lit keyboard and power button, eventually the fan spins up again if you leave the machine and then come back expecting it to be off.

any idea if this cam be fixed? i've disabled it for now and the laptop shuts down correctly.

@Prema: Do you have the stock latest BIOS for P377SM-A?

On your site you only have this one:

P377SM-A BIOS 302 EC 302

And not the last EC :)

The link goes to 302 303, its just the text that is wrong. If you click it, it says 32_33 stock.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic