[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I've got a question. Does the stock BIOS of P157SM-A disable the Turbo Boost function of Haswell CPU?

The turbo boost of my 4700MQ doesn't work at all no matter what program I run. The core frequency stays constant at 2.4Ghz.

Hi,

I wondered if a new version of P150EM bios was considered or not ?

In the actual v2, you mentioned "CPU Overclocking (3720QM+), iGPU Overclocking, Adjustable CPU TDP, BCLK & RAM Speed & Timings".

How can i adjust all this values ? This is in a bios or with a software ?

Thanks !

Hi,

I wondered if a new version of P150EM bios was considered or not ?

In the actual v2, you mentioned "CPU Overclocking (3720QM+), iGPU Overclocking, Adjustable CPU TDP, BCLK & RAM Speed & Timings".

How can i adjust all this values ? This is in a bios or with a software ?

Thanks !

Software. Intel XTU.

Thanks !

Time to play !

What is your cooling to have a 3920xm @ 4318MHz and what is your settings in XTU please ? ^^

My cooling is very far from stock: http://forum.techinferno.com/clevo/6517-%5Bhardware-mod%5D-p150em-cpu-radiator-fin-mod.html

As for XTU that was x43 all turbo multipliers with some BCLK. Power is maxed out. I think that was +43mV additional turbo voltage.

Latest stock BIOS works jut fine. Just make sure the seller flashes vBIOS 80.04.29.00.01

Hey Prema,

I sent you a PM on NBR so if you happen to look here first, disregard the PM - I'm trying to update my p170hm but I overlooked an important issue - my machine is a 120hz/3D version. Unfortunately I already bought/installed the card but it appears I'm sol. Are there any working BIOS (that won't crash/brick my system) that will allow me to use this card? Thanks for everything.

Thanks for those great BIOS. But I'd like to know that: The P-EM 2T Edition can close the secure boot for single? Now the BIOS can only enabled Windows 8 UEFI and secure boot. I'd like to setup Windows 7 in UEFI mode.

You can install Win 7 in UEFI mode, but secureboot keys are only for 8+

I've got a question. Does the stock BIOS of P157SM-A disable the Turbo Boost function of Haswell CPU?

The turbo boost of my 4700MQ doesn't work at all no matter what program I run. The core frequency stays constant at 2.4Ghz.

Make sure to use the latest BIOS/EC alongside the latest Clevo Hot Key App in a non-power-saving mode:

ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P1xxSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

Hey Prema,

I sent you a PM on NBR so if you happen to look here first, disregard the PM - I'm trying to update my p170hm but I overlooked an important issue - my machine is a 120hz/3D version. Unfortunately I already bought/installed the card but it appears I'm sol. Are there any working BIOS (that won't crash/brick my system) that will allow me to use this card? Thanks for everything.

ENJOY! :)

Make sure to use the latest BIOS/EC alongside the latest Clevo Hot Key App in a non-power-saving mode:

ftp://ftp.clevo.com.tw/P1xxSM-A/OTHERS/Hotkey.zip

Hi Prema,

What is the latest BIOS & EC version for P157SM-A? I am using 1.03.03 for both BIOS & EC.

Besides, I've just updated the Hot Key App to 2.31.42 (from the link you've given - Clevo website).

The turbo boost is still not working.

And, at the mean time, Metabox is also trying to find out why it doesn't work.

Hi Prema,

I'm interested in a BIOS mod for the Schenker XMG C404 and the GTX 860m that comes with it. I'm willing to be a beta tester and will happily make a donation.

Best,

Guys! listen carefully and please let me know if someone between you has experienced what Im experiencing with my p370sm3 120hz 780sli. hehe

-I have my vbios and bios both flashed and running prema stuff. Working good till few days ago.

-everything runs good, but sometimes and very randomly, I get the screen frozen. Then I have to restart the laptop, and when it tries to boot again, it shut downs by itself again before reaching windows logo. ( wtf )

-then, by doing some magic, I reach windows again, start the game again, 5 mins playing and again laptop freezes.

-It happens totally randomly and It happens not only while playing but sometimes while having tons of things opened in windows. I can play for hours but then next day I can't play for 5 mins.

-I think it is something related with nvidia 780's drivers or cards. Sometimes the laptop doesn't freeze but an nvidia error shows up (driver crash )

-the more demanding the game, the more it crashes. 780's reach 93 dregrees celsius, almost its max temp, maybe that?

-Recently I formatted to windows 7 again, till now, I'm playing smoothly again. I don't know for how long btw.

Can someone tell me how can I detect the problem, and if so, how to fix it?

The XMG tech support told me to send it to them, but since now its running ok again, it bothers me doing all the shipping process for maybe no awnser.... HELP ME!!

Thank you such a nice ppl here! : )

If you are pushing your system by overclocking, a single 330w power brick will not be enough. This can cause a crash. Are you running a single power brick?

93c is high for the GPU but shouldn't cause a crash. The GPU will simply throttle to lower the temps.

• Thumbs Up 1

If you are pushing your system by overclocking, a single 330w power brick will not be enough. This can cause a crash. Are you running a single power brick?

93c is high for the GPU but shouldn't cause a crash. The GPU will simply throttle to lower the temps.

My brothers system I helped him build has a Super clocked 780TI and it shutdown the whole system on him gaming till we changed the default fan profile for the gpu through the Evga utility. Once I had it full fans way before 90c it never hit 90's for him again. The shutdowns have stopped and have not returned been months trouble free. What could be happening is it is going even higher than that temp for even only a second and then hitting a thermal shutdown safety like my brother's rig. He has a great 1000watt PSU so power wasn't the issue. I hope this helps. Try to raise the fans to higher speeds at lower temps ie preemptive of the heat building up. I don't remember but around 60c I got a decent fan speed going then 70 higher and somewhere in the 80s I have it hit full speed so 90c isn't being hit anymore. The power of the PSU will do the same thing as stated above so be sure you have enough power on your PSU for such a card.

You have a mobile vs the desktop gpu but temps and power are still the first things to check.

• Thumbs Up 2

My brothers system I helped him build has a Super clocked 780TI and it shutdown the whole system on him gaming till we changed the default fan profile for the gpu through the Evga utility. Once I had it full fans way before 90c it never hit 90's for him again. The shutdowns have stopped and have not returned been months trouble free. What could be happening is it is going even higher than that temp for even only a second and then hitting a thermal shutdown safety like my brother's rig. He has a great 1000watt PSU so power wasn't the issue. I hope this helps. Try to raise the fans to higher speeds at lower temps ie preemptive of the heat building up. I don't remember but around 60c I got a decent fan speed going then 70 higher and somewhere in the 80s I have it hit full speed so 90c isn't being hit anymore. The power of the PSU will do the same thing as stated above so be sure you have enough power on your PSU for such a card.

You have a mobile vs the desktop gpu but temps and power are still the first things to check.

Yeah it could be temps to. Clevo seems to have an issue with warped heatsinks in the die contact area. I sanded mine and saw a 10c drop. There is a good thread on cooling mods for the P377 over on NBR. It would be worth looking into.

• Thumbs Up 2

THank you for your awnsers.

Let me explain the issuee a little more. The system is not overclocked. I get temps while playing of 94º for the sli config and 90 around for the processor.

Temps are not an issue here since I get frozen like 5 min after starting a game, and sometimes nothing. its random. Also, I have that boot problem, so I guess temps are not affecting. It should be some hardware/software conflict. But since I get boot problems, it leads to hardware problem for sure. Maybe temps are affecting, maybe drivers, maybe the power supply.

Any idea?

thank you!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the QWER part of the laptop gets crazy hot while playing. The cable is attached next to the hot zone. So I think that is affecting the LAN hardware since sometimes I get random disconnections.

Really, this clevo laptops sometimes are a huge headache....

- - - Updated - - -

post-21624-1449499810159_thumb.jpg

THank you for your awnsers.

Let me explain the issuee a little more. The system is not overclocked. I get temps while playing of 94º for the sli config and 90 around for the processor.

Temps are not an issue here since I get frozen like 5 min after starting a game, and sometimes nothing. its random. Also, I have that boot problem, so I guess temps are not affecting. It should be some hardware/software conflict. But since I get boot problems, it leads to hardware problem for sure. Maybe temps are affecting, maybe drivers, maybe the power supply.

Any idea?

thank you!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the QWER part of the laptop gets crazy hot while playing. The cable is attached next to the hot zone. So I think that is affecting the LAN hardware since sometimes I get random disconnections.

Really, this clevo laptops sometimes are a huge headache....

- - - Updated - - -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12148[/ATTACH]

Very bad paste job... Get some Gelid GC Extreme and repaste everything.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hi Prema,

What is the latest BIOS & EC version for P157SM-A? I am using 1.03.03 for both BIOS & EC.

Besides, I've just updated the Hot Key App to 2.31.42 (from the link you've given - Clevo website).

The turbo boost is still not working.

And, at the mean time, Metabox is also trying to find out why it doesn't work.

You have the latest BIOS, there is a newer EC. Both Mod & Stock versions are in the OP. If Stock doesn't fix the problem, then try to play with Turbo settings in Mod BIOS. Clevo has a bit of a messy ACPI code... :P

Is it possible to use the Clevo Hot Key App for P***SM to P150EM ?

Not without many problems...better stay with the older versions...

Guys! listen carefully and please let me know if someone between you has experienced what Im experiencing with my p370sm3 120hz 780sli. hehe

-I have my vbios and bios both flashed and running prema stuff. Working good till few days ago.

-everything runs good, but sometimes and very randomly, I get the screen frozen. Then I have to restart the laptop, and when it tries to boot again, it shut downs by itself again before reaching windows logo. ( wtf )

-then, by doing some magic, I reach windows again, start the game again, 5 mins playing and again laptop freezes.

-It happens totally randomly and It happens not only while playing but sometimes while having tons of things opened in windows. I can play for hours but then next day I can't play for 5 mins.

-I think it is something related with nvidia 780's drivers or cards. Sometimes the laptop doesn't freeze but an nvidia error shows up (driver crash )

-the more demanding the game, the more it crashes. 780's reach 93 dregrees celsius, almost its max temp, maybe that?

-Recently I formatted to windows 7 again, till now, I'm playing smoothly again. I don't know for how long btw.

Can someone tell me how can I detect the problem, and if so, how to fix it?

The XMG tech support told me to send it to them, but since now its running ok again, it bothers me doing all the shipping process for maybe no awnser.... HELP ME!!

Thank you such a nice ppl here! : )

I'll PM you a test BIOS that may help with stability issues on 120Hz\3D model.

Hello Prema,

can you make a new bios for... ?

@ALL Sorry I have been around very little recently!

OT: I had to rush to the other end of the world to support a very good friend of mine who was diagnosed with "terminal cancer"...fuck the chemo and the doctors who declared him dead...he's getting better every day since he left the hospital and started a strict diet etc...sometimes all you need is love. :)

Hands up to prema!! Thnx for the np8268 mod. However, I am experiencing small error when I log in to win7. A pop up notice says cannot find updatetool.exe or something. It happens when I log in to windows sometimes. Is there a program associated with it?

Also any pro tips regarding OC'ng 4810mq? Any comments are appreciated.

OT: I had to rush to the other end of the world to support a very good friend of mine who was diagnosed with "terminal cancer"...fuck the chemo and the doctors who declared him dead...he's getting better every day since he left the hospital and started a strict diet etc...sometimes all you need is love. :)

Tell your friend that a friend of yours from Portugal (me) sends a hug and a lot of strength on his way. You are a good guy PREMA. :D

Really glad to help you. In case you need donations to help your friend let me know and I'll do a donation to him too :D

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

You have the latest BIOS, there is a newer EC. Both Mod & Stock versions are in the OP. If Stock doesn't fix the problem, then try to play with Turbo settings in Mod BIOS. Clevo has a bit of a messy ACPI code...

I sent the laptop back to Metabox and they are working on it now. Trying to find out why and hopefully they can fix it.

What I am guessing is that the problem comes from the stock BIOS. Since I bought this laptop for only one month, I will stay with the stock BIOS. And for sure, when I have better knowledge to the Clevo laptop, I will go for the mod BIOS :very_drunk:

Besides, I am so sure your friend will get better soon! A great support from me.

Hello guys,

First thank you all for all your replies. I really like this forum and community. Everyday people helping each other. : )

@Prema I did the bios upgrade as suggested. I did a clean w7 install, and I think I have stability with 780m SLI setup again. No boot problems and no freeze screen while playing. TY BRO! and a big hug for your friend too.

I had to send my lap back to XMG since I had many problems in the laptop to be fixed.

-LAN is having random disconnections while playing (5-10 seconds) and I think is because of high temps near the LAN area. Not sure.

-Wi-Fi ac 7260 is a headache card. Really. No comments here. I could fix it by disabling HT mode and dealing with some band and energy configs, but I don’t feel nice having this card on my laptop.

-As commented before, temps are crazy high; I suggested a re-paste with gelid paste and a heatsink full check.

I hope they would be able to fix everything!

I will let you know once I have an answer from them. From now, I had a good experience with XMG support. They allowed me to do a vbios fix by myself without breaking warranty, and following day by day on the problem to see if it was fixed.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic