[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hi Prema,

Would these BIOS modifications work on non-Sager (but still Clevo) hardware? For example, a Metabox (Australia) P150EM?

Also, do these BIOS modifications also remove the 135MHz overclocking restriction imposed by nVidia for the 600MX series (670MX)?

Regards and thank you in advance :)

Hi Prema,

Would these BIOS modifications work on non-Sager (but still Clevo) hardware? For example, a Metabox (Australia) P150EM?

Also, do these BIOS modifications also remove the 135MHz overclocking restriction imposed by nVidia for the 600MX series (670MX)?

Regards and thank you in advance :)

All are build by Clevo, there is nothing like a Sager or a Eurocom version, they just stick their name on/in it. They are all the same. ;)

The W-Series BIOS Mods incl. unlocked vBIOS Mods, since they are non replaceable and soldered to the board.

For P-Series the BIOS Mod doesn't incl. avBIOS as everyone has a different GPU, so vBIOS have to be individually picked.

You can find those vBIOS Mods here. Make sure to read the instructions carefully as not all vBIOS versions work for all Notebooks models.

All are build by Clevo, there is nothing like a Sager or a Eurocom version, they just stick their name on/in it. They are all the same. ;)

That's what I thought, but then I stumbled into this thread and got a little startled (see bold red text in middle of OP).

You can find those vBIOS Mods here. Make sure to read the instructions carefully as not all vBIOS versions work for all Notebooks models.

It was my understanding that vBIOS' and BIOS' were the same? So, then wouldn't installing one of those overwrite the current BIOS on the system? Or am I getting all muddled up again? :-/

Thanks. :)

It was my understanding that vBIOS' and BIOS' were the same? So, then wouldn't installing one of those overwrite the current BIOS on the system? Or am I getting all muddled up again? :-/

Thanks. :)

On all Clevo systems with a removable GPU (MXM) the system BIOS and video BIOS are hosted on different chips, so they can be flashed independently.

EDIT:

Since one or two (hundred) of you where wishing to have a Prema Mod for it:

P1xxSM:

x2e2.jpg

qoqx.png

http://biosmods.wordpress.com/p-sm/

Hey Prema, ive got a P151SM1B and the turbo fan keeps kicking in at 70+ degrees celsius (making it too loud to do anything), and the laptop always hits 70+ degrees celsius very quickly on default core clocks. The turbo fan wont turn off either with fn + 1 (it slows down a bit, then goes back to 100%). Any chance your bios mod will be able to help?

Hey Prema, ive got a P151SM1B and the turbo fan keeps kicking in at 70+ degrees celsius (making it too loud to do anything), and the laptop always hits 70+ degrees celsius very quickly on default core clocks. The turbo fan wont turn off either with fn + 1 (it slows down a bit, then goes back to 100%). Any chance your bios mod will be able to help?

It'll give you better fan profiles and Full Fan Mode, but sounds like you should also consider to repaste the heatsinks and clean out fans etc... ;)

On all Clevo systems with a removable GPU (MXM) the system BIOS and video BIOS are hosted on different chips, so they can be flashed independently.

EDIT:

Since one or two (hundred) of you where wishing to have a Prema Mod for it:

P1xxSM:

x2e2.jpg

qoqx.png

P-SM / NP82/93-Series | Prema Mod

Hi, Prema, thank you for your efforts.

Does this mod allow for the installation of Windows 7 in UEFI mode? I don't think my stock BIOS allows it. Also, is it possible to safely flash back to the Sager version of the BIOS?

Hi' date=' Prema, thank you for your efforts.

Does this mod allow for the installation of Windows 7 in UEFI mode? I don't think my stock BIOS allows it. Also, is it possible to safely flash back to the Sager version of the BIOS?[/quote']

The Mod does allow Win 7 in UEFI mode, the stock BIOS doesn't. Flashing stock BIOS/EC is no problem as long as we don't try to downgrade to very old versions

(In this case pre 1.03.xx).

Thanks Prema. Got everything working fine and dandy. :)

For those who struggled for a little bit trying to get out of UEFI boot like I did, make sure you have Secure Boot disabled before turning UEFI Boot off/disabled. By default, this BIOS (v2.0) will be in UEFI mode with Secure Boot enabled.

Does this mod allow for the installation of Windows 7 in UEFI mode?

Yes.

Yea i already cleaned the fans out a few weeks ago, doesnt seem to have done much to help. Im told 70+ degrees celsius under load is normal for this laptop (not sure how true this is). Will i be able to use FN + 1 to turn off the turbo fan? Right now its bugged and wont turn off...

Yea i already cleaned the fans out a few weeks ago, doesnt seem to have done much to help. Im told 70+ degrees celsius under load is normal for this laptop (not sure how true this is). Will i be able to use FN + 1 to turn off the turbo fan? Right now its bugged and wont turn off...

I have the same laptop. I get high temps (70+) at high load as well as I should. When I run the Windows Experience Index, I hit about 77 degrees. I have the multipliers all set to max in Intel XTU. I've repasted dozens of times and cleaned the fans out with an air blower. I think this is just how the machine is.

How old is the laptop?? Ceaning the fans do help a lot, but if the TIM is no good clean fans can only do so much, definitely would try repaste and see how you go.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I use Prolimatech PK-3 and previously used PK-1. I've tried pasting with the dot method, the line method, and have tried spreading it manually. The temps stay the about the same no matter what.

I have the same laptop. I get high temps (70+) at high load as well as I should. When I run the Windows Experience Index' date=' I hit about 77 degrees. I have the multipliers all set to max in Intel XTU. I've repasted dozens of times and cleaned the fans out with an air blower. I think this is just how the machine is.

I use Prolimatech PK-3 and previously used PK-1. I've tried pasting with the dot method, the line method, and have tried spreading it manually. The temps stay the about the same no matter what.[/quote']

Yea, the laptop is less than a year old. How do you stop the turbo fan from kicking in though? Its impossible to use the laptop when the fan is going 100%.

Yea, the laptop is less than a year old. How do you stop the turbo fan from kicking in though? Its impossible to use the laptop when the fan is going 100%.

I can't. It's inevitable. Once it hits a certain temperature, the fans will turn up until the temps go down. If those were idle temps, I'd worry. But if it's high load, It's supposed to get hot.

I switched from all this (semi) liquid/fluid stuff to liquid metal pads. Easy to apply, you just need to fit the size of GPU/CPU. Results for me are pretty good for both mobile and desktop computer.

Bael

Prema Mod v1 for P15xSM & P17xSM now in the OP and on the blog!

ENJOY & Happy Merry Christmas! :32_002:

Changelog later...in short it would read >>> ALMOST EVERYTHING <<<

I downloaded the mod. Is the EC included? I normally have a different set of files for the EC. I read the readme and there's no mention. I'm assuming the EC and BIOS are flashed at the same time?

It's all included BIOS,EC & ME...

Hmmm, I can't set up HDD password...

I also can't remove my supervisor password... I can create a User Password, but that doesn't do anything. Yes, I followed that tutorial on premamod.com

P157SM

We have to clear passwords before flashing a BIOS. Flash back to stock, clear the password, then flash the Mod and it will work.

Hi, I just flashed your BIOS. UEFI install worked great for Windows 7. But I can't seem to get the fan to stop running. Is it intentional for it to run on low permanently even on idle with low temperatures? Is there any way to change the fan settings? The CPU fan used to shut off automatically after being at low temps for a certain amount of time. Also, the GPU fan used to shut off once the GPU goes to sleep. Now, it continues to run until I FN+1 twice. But the CPU fan doesn't turn off.

Yeah that's how Clevo made it...

You can change fan behavior by setting the Clevo control Center to "Entertainment or "Quiet" mode.

There is also an option in BIOS in "CPU configuration" which is called "Energy Performance":

Use this feature to select an appropriate fan setting to achieve the maximum system performance (with maximum cooling) or maximum energy efficiency (with maximum power saving). The fan speeds are controlled by the firmware management. The options are Performance, Balanced Performance, Balanced Energy, and Energy Efficient.

Yeah that's how Clevo made it...

You can change fan behavior by setting the Clevo control Center to "Entertainment or "Quiet" mode.

There is also an option in BIOS in "CPU configuration" which is called "Energy Performance":

Yeah, I tried fiddling around with those settings. The fan seems to be on permanently no matter what. Is this a new feature from the 1.03.03? I think the BIOS I updated from was 1.03.01, but it was from Sager and I don't know if they made changes to the Clevo BIOS.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic