[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Prema, my boot logo have a weird bug, do you know what is this ?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9100[/ATTACH]

That looks actually like something is wrong with that Windows 8 installation. The spinning circle is done by Windows and not the BIOS...

I really don't know where can I see how the CSM is set. I'm kind of noob in these questions D:, but my system is running in UEFI mode

OK in BIOS first load setup defaults, then set it to Windows 8 and enable UEFI. If you use RAID set that, too. Save and Exit.

If it still looks like that then there is something funny going on with the Windows installation.

Hi, does the latest W230ST bios enable windows 7 to be installed on the W230ST in UEFI Mode?

Currently running Win 7 & 8.1 in a dual boot UEFI installation without problems on my beta Mod.

(Of course Win 7 also works alone in UEFI)

Currently running Win 7 & 8.1 in a dual boot UEFI installation without problems on my beta Mod. (Of course Win 7 also works alone in UEFI)
Thanks for responding and excellent news, win7 refused to boot on the B02 bios in UEFI mode, just BSOD before the installer launched properly. Flashed the B04 bios, as B05 causes win8 to BSOD when using the nvidia graphics (when running wei).

Yes, I can Mod the PxxHM to support the 680M without inf Mods...I also have the 780M "working" in P1x0EM, we will have to see about the HMs...right now I am far too busy with Haswell Mods... ;)

Whoo..Sounds good. What do you need from us so you can provide such a HM Mod for us. I really love to have such an bios for my P150HM. To mod the .inf everytime a news nvidia driver comes out is very annoying :-P

Best regards,

Manuel

• Thumbs Up 1

Whoo..Sounds good. What do you need from us so you can provide such a HM Mod for us. I really love to have such an bios for my P150HM. To mod the .inf everytime a news nvidia driver comes out is very annoying :-P

Best regards,

Manuel

What I need? More time on my hands.:D

Thank a lot Prema for your works on Clevo computer!

I have a P170HM3 and I'm waiting for a 780m on it (with 3D if possible)

I also own a P170HM3 as my main system, so will do my best to get that combo going...

Hi i am new to all this and have been looking for a way to turn off Hyperthreading on my W170ER for some time now. I tried out flashing your Bios this morning and it has worked a treat.

I am now able to turn off Hyperthreading and now my software issue has gone away. Thanks

I also have a newer model W370ST and would like to turn Hyperthreading off on this. Do you have a custom Firmware for it?

Thanks

James

Dear Prema,

Many thanks for this huge work at BIOS modifications!

I've just flashed Prema's Mod BIOS for my Sager N9130 (Clevo P151EM1).

It's OK!

But there is small thing: before update I used "Intel rapid storage technology" to accelerate my HDD throught the cache from second SSD.

In my system there are two SSDs (Vertex4, M4-mSATA) and one HDD (1Tb Toshiba).

So, before update in my BIOS the option "RAID Mode" (SATA Mode) was ON.

But after update I can't boot to my Windows 8 (UEFI Mode, Secure Mode is OFF) because no boot device has been detected. If I press F7 during starting of system the list of devices is empty (see screenshot, there is only one option: "Enter setup").

So, in this case Windows doesn't boot and after starting of system BIOS setup shows up always.

Any suggestions? How to fix it? Thanks!

post-17582-14494996213463_thumb.jpg

post-17582-14494996213463_thumb.jpg

hey everyone and prema. new to this forum. is there a modified bios for the NP9380-s? i did not see one in the prema mod list. Does any one know how to install the custom vbios for the sli nvidia70m?

Prema can i make it work in dual channel P150EM 4Gb+4Gb=8Gb 2133MHz T2 ? (KHX2133C12S3/4G)

Slot 1+2 = bad load bios (channel A+B)

Slot 2+4 = bad load bios (channel B+B)

Slot 1+3 = single channel 2133MHz T2 (channel A+A)

Bios P150EM/NP9150Prema Mod v2 (P150EM_17_11_PM_v2_2T)

Dear Prema,

Many thanks for this huge work at BIOS modifications!

I've just flashed Prema's Mod BIOS for my Sager N9130 (Clevo P151EM1).

It's OK!

But there is small thing: before update I used "Intel rapid storage technology" to accelerate my HDD throught the cache from second SSD.

In my system there are two SSDs (Vertex4, M4-mSATA) and one HDD (1Tb Toshiba).

So, before update in my BIOS the option "RAID Mode" (SATA Mode) was ON.

But after update I can't boot to my Windows 8 (UEFI Mode, Secure Mode is OFF) because no boot device has been detected. If I press F7 during starting of system the list of devices is empty (see screenshot, there is only one option: "Enter setup").

So, in this case Windows doesn't boot and after starting of system BIOS setup shows up always.

Any suggestions? How to fix it? Thanks!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9180[/ATTACH]

Try to load setup defaults then set it to Win 8 and save end exit the BIOS menu.

Next time you enter BIOS select and set your boot device directly in BIOS boot order page.

Should be called "Windows Bootloader" if it's installed in Win8 UEFI mode.

Prema can i make it work in dual channel P150EM 4Gb+4Gb=8Gb 2133MHz T2 ? (KHX2133C12S3/4G)

Slot 1+2 = bad load bios (channel A+B)

Slot 2+4 = bad load bios (channel B+B)

Slot 1+3 = single channel 2133MHz T2 (channel A+A)

Bios P150EM/NP9150Prema Mod v2 (P150EM_17_11_PM_v2_2T)

Sometime it helps to switch RAM modules around a bit. So while module A won't work in slot X module B may get the job done.

Hi Prema, hope you're doing fine.

If you're interested (hope so ^^), here is a modified w230 .04 EC from mySN.

They apparently tuned the fan tables to deal with the fan burst issue, maybe you can try that on .05 EC ? =)

http://www.mysn.de/secure/userarea/download.asp?flag=getfile&file=QQXMGQQXMG_P303QQBIOSQQXMG_P303_EC_1.00.4TR.zip

Hi Prema, hope you're doing fine.

If you're interested (hope so ^^), here is a modified w230 .04 EC from mySN.

They apparently tuned the fan tables to deal with the fan burst issue, maybe you can try that on .05 EC ? =)

http://www.mysn.de/secure/userarea/download.asp?flag=getfile&file=QQXMGQQXMG_P303QQBIOSQQXMG_P303_EC_1.00.4TR.zip

That's an older release candidate beta EC, the v5 EC values originated from it like a week later...

EDIT: EC4TR was finalized on 6th of August while EC5 on the 14th.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic