[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hey Prema,I have your last EC and BIOS for P150EMBut I want to change the Windows Key from right to left. Do I have to uninstall your BIOS and then install the other one or can I install it on top of everything?Best regards,

Just flash the one you want.

I would suggest the Mod BIOS and if there is a vBIOS Mod for your current GPU model flash that, too. All Mods come with a 'README' file with instructions...

okay sir, how about Clevo P157SM with modded bios and vbios from you can i use GTX980M?

thanks again.

I am investigation GPU throttle on P1xxSM-A...

Greetings Prema,

any advance in this? The stock Bios(even the older ones above EC V 1.03.06 & BIOS V 1.03.05) have the some Pwr Throttle problem with the 870m.

Thanks

okay sir, how about Clevo P157SM with modded bios and vbios from you can i use GTX980M?

thanks again.

Sure, but with the current version you need to Mod the driver .inf

Greetings Prema,

any advance in this? The stock Bios(even the older ones above EC V 1.03.06 & BIOS V 1.03.05) have the some Pwr Throttle problem with the 870m.

Thanks

I have asked around an no one else seems to have this problem, so it's hard for me to help you. The GPU-Z logs don't show any power throttle either.

The only thing I can see is that the card clocks down more efficiently when not fully utilized.

@ ALL

I have just updated the GTX9xxM vBIOS Mods to v1.1.1:

- minor bug fixes (e.g. voltage slider on GTX970M didn't level on certain ASIC cards)

- Updated nVflash Mod to v5.227 (proper W10 & mobile Maxwell Quadro support) THX @Mr. Fox for testing!

I have also added GTX980M-G, GTX970M-G & GTX965M-G vBIOS Mods, so that people with g-sync models can now also ENJOY the unleashed power of their GPUs! :)

@HTWingNut can surely share some of his nice results! THX again for testing buddy! :)

Works really great, Prema. As usual, awesome work.

G is only for the g-sync version of the GPU.

On a side note : I prepared the nVflash in a way that people won't be able to flash the wrong version.

use GTX9xxM vBIOS Mods v1.1.1 and then mod the driver .inf? so the gtx980m can work to the maximum?

Yep, though the driver .inf is just to be able to install the driver on your model.

Hi Prema,

I've got a weird problem on my W230SS. I recently replaced my broken laptop screen (the LTN133YL01-L01 4k) with a new one, the LTN133YL01-F01. This was the only replacement I could get and they are completely similar in specs except for an anti-glare coating. When using Windows I get flashing artifacts on the screen. I have updated your firmware to the latest version (1.1) and there's less flickering now, but it's still there. Then I noticed that when I use the power adapter the artifacts do not appear. It seems only to occur when running on battery power. Do you have any idea how I can fix this? I thought that it might have to do with timings or voltage?

Thanks,

R.

post-29000-14495000681901_thumb.jpg

I have asked around an no one else seems to have this problem, so it's hard for me to help you. The GPU-Z logs don't show any power throttle either.

The only thing I can see is that the card clocks down more efficiently when not fully utilized.

Ok :( Do you have any place where I can download your BIOS with EC V 1.03.06 & BIOS V 1.03.05, Ffor the meanwhile? i think i ll send the computer to warranty in september

Hi Prema,

I have successfully flashed your bios mods v2 on my p370sm3 (now have BIOS 1.03.03 and EC 1.03.01) and can now access all the unlocked features, and followed the guide to a T (step1, step2 then remove ac power fro 30 sec, then reboot). However I am getting some weird behavior: first thing I noticed: in the bios main page on the System Memory line I have the name of my gpu card (Nvidia GTX 780m), then on the line of GPU I have 80.04.xx.xx. (likely the vBios version) and on the vBios line I get a date. It seems some register is missing or wrongly configured and the values are offset from where they should be. I am still on stock vBios for the 780m (single card installed).

Second thing I noticed: when applying changes + reset from BIOS, it will attempt a restart, then the screen will be completely black (GPU seems to not be activated at all) then just shut back down after a few seconds. When I manual restart after this then the screen is back to normal and I can enter BIOS or boot into windows. Restarting from Windows also yields the same result (Win 7 ultimate 64 bits): computer reboots, black screen (GPU not active) for a few seconds, then auto-shutdown. If I boot manually after this everything seems ok.

Third thing I noticed: the CPU overclock settings in Performance Tuning of BIOS do not seem to "stick". After shutdown they are still a their default values.

From this I have a couple questions for you:

1) Does this weird behavior mean I have one of those pre-prod boards that needs a special bios flash file (bought Sager NP9380 3D in August 2013)? If so could you send me the link to the right bios/Ec files plz? Otherwise do I need a more recent vBios on the 780m?

2) I still have intel XTU installed in windows. Could this be interfering with my settings (I haven't opened the application in windows and still the settings are reset in bios) and should I completely remove intel XTU from windows or are both BIOS and XTU overclocking compatible?

Thanks a lot for your hard work Prema.

Hi Prema,

I have successfully flashed your bios mods v2 on my p370sm3 (now have BIOS 1.03.03 and EC 1.03.01) and can now access all the unlocked features, and followed the guide to a T (step1, step2 then remove ac power fro 30 sec, then reboot). However I am getting some weird behavior: first thing I noticed: in the bios main page on the System Memory line I have the name of my gpu card (Nvidia GTX 780m), then on the line of GPU I have 80.04.xx.xx. (likely the vBios version) and on the vBios line I get a date. It seems some register is missing or wrongly configured and the values are offset from where they should be. I am still on stock vBios for the 780m (single card installed).

Second thing I noticed: when applying changes + reset from BIOS, it will attempt a restart, then the screen will be completely black (GPU seems to not be activated at all) then just shut back down after a few seconds. When I manual restart after this then the screen is back to normal and I can enter BIOS or boot into windows. Restarting from Windows also yields the same result (Win 7 ultimate 64 bits): computer reboots, black screen (GPU not active) for a few seconds, then auto-shutdown. If I boot manually after this everything seems ok.

Third thing I noticed: the CPU overclock settings in Performance Tuning of BIOS do not seem to "stick". After shutdown they are still a their default values.

From this I have a couple questions for you:

1) Does this weird behavior mean I have one of those pre-prod boards that needs a special bios flash file (bought Sager NP9380 3D in August 2013)? If so could you send me the link to the right bios/Ec files plz? Otherwise do I need a more recent vBios on the 780m?

2) I still have intel XTU installed in windows. Could this be interfering with my settings (I haven't opened the application in windows and still the settings are reset in bios) and should I completely remove intel XTU from windows or are both BIOS and XTU overclocking compatible?

Thanks a lot for your hard work Prema.

Yeah, I ported the regular 1.03.03 BIOS to the 3D (Clevo never updated the 3D model beyond 1.03.02) and missed these info report changes on the setup main page...

As for the settings not sticking reboot thingy, that's actually normal behavior in case a certain setting or OC fails (is not deemed stable).

XTU also interferes as it writes into the same registers as BIOS, so uninstalling it may help to get accurate results.

Yeah, I ported the regular 1.03.03 BIOS to the 3D (Clevo never updated the 3D model beyond 1.03.02) and missed these info report changes on the setup main page...

As for the settings not sticking reboot thingy, that's actually normal behavior in case a certain setting or OC fails (is not deemed stable).

XTU also interferes as it writes into the same registers as BIOS, so uninstalling it may help to get accurate results.

Thx for the response, though there is something definitely weird happening: I uninstalled XTU and the last few times I tried to change settings in the BIOS it froze in the BIOS (still at stock clocks and multipliers). Required hard shutdown (hold power button for 5 seconds). The second time the BIOS froze in a row + hard shutdown it tried to restart itself again with the black screen (no GPU or LED backlight) and auto-shutoff a few seconds later, all this at stock clocks and multipliers. My system was stable even at +4 bins overclock with no extra voltage (I had previously set in XTU and ran for many months), so I know it can't be the CPU crashing at stock clocks and multipliers.

Does your BIOS mod need a certain vBIOS to be compatible? It certainly seems like something is not quite right in my system. I had also loaded optimized defaults (F3) prior to attempting any of this, with the only change being the boot order for harddrives, so I can't see why it would fail to boot due to OC failure (no OC the last few tries) or wrong settings (loaded defaults).

The way I successfully booted into windows (as I am writing this) was to unplug the AC and reboot. It may be coincidence, but after crashing 3 times in a row (freeze in BIOS twice, freeze in loading windows once) with AC I tried something different. I don't know if this helps identify the issue.

Any ideas? At this point we've ruled out any interference due to XTU since it has been uninstalled.

Thanks.

...the BIOS froze in a row + hard shutdown it tried to restart itself again with the black screen (no GPU or LED backlight) and auto-shutoff a few seconds later, all this at stock clocks and multipliers. My system was stable even at +4 bins overclock with no extra voltage (I had previously set in XTU and ran for many months), so I know it can't be the CPU crashing at stock clocks and multipliers....

Just made this for you, try it! :)

Just made this for you, try it! :)

Thx Prema. I'll definitely give it a try once I'm able to download it: I have 5 posts now but still unable to download files for some reason. As an update, last night things got progressively worse with Windows freezing more and more often requiring hard shutdown. This morning I was able to boot into windows, so it seems a little random or maybe in some way heat build-up related although CPU/GPU temps looked fine in HWInfo last night so I don't know.

I'll report back on your custom version as soon as I can. Once again thx for the help. From what I read on your mod blog page, my symptoms seem similar to another user that had a pre-prod board, is this what you're thinking as well? Is there a sure fire way to know if you have a pre-prod board so we can prevent these issues for others? Let me know if you need any further data from my system in the mean time.

Cheers.

Hi Prema,

I was finally able to download your custom BIOS files, however I was not yet able to flash. I tried the normal method with step1, reboot, step2, etc, however the first time I tried I got a BIOS freeze after the step 1 reboot. I tried hard shutdown, then got another BIOS freeze (on the prema logo). Third time I got step 1 + reboot + step2 started, but BIOS froze when it got to 50% of reading the flash (first step of step2). Now at this point I am really worried that the BIOS will freeze when I get to the erase/write step and essentially brick my laptop.

I have tried to reduce the max cpu clock multipliers to 30, and set the cpu performance to energy saving mode and disabled intel rapid start. It seems to be more stable now (at least I can boot into windows now without it freezing on boot), but I never know when the BIOS is about to freeze. Each time I got BIOS or windows freeze, I could still control the fan speeds (fn+1) to max and back again, so whatever is controlling that still worked (I think it is the EC but not sure).

Are there any other settings I should change to ensure BIOS won't freeze on me while trying to flash? Otherwise is there another way of flashing (recovery using Fn+b?) to prevent BIOS freezes during flash?.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Hi Prema,

I was finally able to download your custom BIOS files, however I was not yet able to flash...

Flash this before the other package, it'll just do the essential part to support your board revision and thus reduce the flash-process-time.:

link removed

In case anything hangs after the flash has started, just keep it running. It may take long, but should be able to finish.

Flash this before the other package, it'll just do the essential part to support your board revision and thus reduce the flash-process-time.:

https://mega.nz/#!3ccAXDhJ!HzXeJucqD4WDcJpgR4nJ9HdieZyOIAIQilqIs2VuT6E

In case anything hangs after the flash has started, just keep it running. It may take long, but should be able to finish.

Ok thanks Prema. I will try this when I get back home from work tonight.

Just to confirm, I use these latest files to flash with the usual method: step 1, reboot, step 2, shutdown, AC power out 30 sec then reboot. Then I flash the files you provided a couple posts back: redo step 1, reboot, step 2, shutdown, AC out 30 seconds and reboot?

Should I load defaults between the two flashes or only after the second flash?

If the BIOS freezes or I get a restart with black screen between step 1 and step 2 do I still go ahead with step 2 or do I need to have a full sequence of step 1, reboot and step 2 with no hangs for the flash to be successful?

Thanks again for the great support.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic