[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

I'm using Prema's BIOS for quite a while now, they're great!

Today I wanted to boot Linux from a USB stick, but I didn't succeed. The Bootable USB stick shows up in the boot menu but after selecting it, it proceeds with my normal OS.

I tried to play a bit with the BIOS settings, without succes. The USB stick is bootable, because I've also tested on my desktop PC.

Anyone has any idea why it didn't work?

I'm using Prema's BIOS for quite a while now, they're great!

Today I wanted to boot Linux from a USB stick, but I didn't succeed. The Bootable USB stick shows up in the boot menu but after selecting it, it proceeds with my normal OS.

I tried to play a bit with the BIOS settings, without succes. The USB stick is bootable, because I've also tested on my desktop PC.

Anyone has any idea why it didn't work?

Change the BIOS setting for UEFI to Others which allows you to boot from a non UEFI drive and select the drive in the boot menu.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

does anyone know how to flash a bios when nvflash says "NO NVIDIA ADAPTERS FOUND"?

just installed a gtx 675mx in my new P170SM, it says unknown in the bios but is detected / working in windows.

i downloaded a clevo bios but can't flash it as it keeps saying no adapters found.

I don't want to send my laptop for RMA and wait for another couple of weeks.

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

I'll send img file shortly

Pls check your pm. img file send. I have already done cmos reset many time

Thanks for the updated .rom file. it flashed correctly. saved me time sending it for RMA. everything is working fine now. appreciate your dedicated support

Change the BIOS setting for UEFI to Others which allows you to boot from a non UEFI drive and select the drive in the boot menu.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your reply, but now the problem has been solved.

The first time I created the bootable USB stick with Rufus and after all the problems I decided to redo it with Pendrivelinux. That seemed to work, booted at the first attempt. Don't ask me why, when I used Rufus I was able to boot on my PC, but not on my laptop.

I have a p170sm-a flashed with your modded bios but my Turbo still doesnt seem to work as it should.

I have a 4710mq and i only get about 2.7ghz max...

I checked the bios and it says turbo boost is enabled, so i dont know what is the problem...

Ok, nvm... I found out the benchmark i was using prime95 didnt use all of my cpu...

With other benchmarks i get it to 3.0-3.2ghz ... but thats still not its full potential. And there is no throttling going on I think, since intel's XTU doesnt report trothling and the temps 'only' are around 73°C... so any ideas to get to the full 3.3Ghz?

I dont think my fans are working at max speed... I think they could cool better.

Is there a tool/program to adjust the fan speeds/treshold? Just to be sure it has nothing to do with temperatures...

probably one of the best results in this specification machine: Clevo P375SM-A with 2x GTX980M and I7-4710MQ with oryginal BIOS ---- > NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4710MQ,Notebook P375SM-A and after update with PremaMod :-) 1.5k more -----> NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4710MQ,Notebook P375SM-A

One of the reasons I want to undervolt the 970M in my p650se (i7 4720hq, gtx 970m, 1080p IPS screen AUO, 500 GB HDD 7200 rpm 7 mm) is so I can try to game with a 150 W razer blade adapter. Anyone thinks this is achievable? So far I did a 100 mv undervolt on my i7-4720hq and it has passed the 15 minute stress test on Intel XTU but I doubt that is enough to check stability. Anyone know the best way to test stability?

...With other benchmarks i get it to 3.0-3.2ghz ... but thats still not its full potential. And there is no throttling going on I think, since intel's XTU doesnt report trothling and the temps 'only' are around 73°C... so any ideas to get to the full 3.3Ghz?...

In Mod BIOS set:

"CPU Configuration" > "Configurable TDP Level" to "UP"

If that isn't enough raise these values:

"Performance Tuning" > "CPU Overclocking":

Turbo (short) Power Max & Time Window

One of the reasons I want to undervolt the 970M in my p650se (i7 4720hq, gtx 970m, 1080p IPS screen AUO, 500 GB HDD 7200 rpm 7 mm) is so I can try to game with a 150 W razer blade adapter. Anyone thinks this is achievable? So far I did a 100 mv undervolt on my i7-4720hq and it has passed the 15 minute stress test on Intel XTU but I doubt that is enough to check stability. Anyone know the best way to test stability?

if u used the core voltage offset for the -100mV u need to check both load and idle stability, since that offset will be applied to all cpu states (and thus different clocks with different voltages each). thus, leave ur machine overnight at idle and see if its still running the next morning. for load stability u can also use prime95 large fft test for minimum 20 min.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

if u used the core voltage offset for the -100mV u need to check both load and idle stability, since that offset will be applied to all cpu states (and thus different clocks with different voltages each). thus, leave ur machine overnight at idle and see if its still running the next morning. for load stability u can also use prime95 large fft test for minimum 20 min.

Alright thanks! Well it crashed while i was playing shadow of mordor. I went down to 90 mv seems to be alright for now ill need to test prime95. By the way, do you know if undervolting the igpu helps?

it should, since all display output goes through the igpu in your case :)

Should I just undervolt the IGPU and Dynamic CPU Voltage Offset? Looks like you can undervolt the processor cache but I never heard of it helping temps.

it indeed does help temps, got mine undervolted and it shaved a few degrees off load temps. what didnt help though, was undervolting system agent/digital io/analog io

My apologies if this subject has already been addressed, but I did a search and could not find a match...

I have P770ZM Clevo laptop. I recently loaded Prema's BIOS. While I love all the options in the BIOS, I noticed that my bus speed in CPU-Z is now fluctuating between 93 and 95 MHz, and that my core speed is now averaging about 3.75 GHz instead of the 4.0 GHz at which it is locked (speed step disabled). The same CPU speed was also reported in Fire Strike. I could have swore that in the past my bus speed was always at 100 MHz. I have tried numerous changes in the BIOS, but my bus speed continues to run between 93 and 95 MHz.

Any suggestions to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!

Btw, my laptop is running a i7 4790K with 8 GBs RAM running at 1887 MHz.

have u tried changing the bclk speed in the bios? its in the advanced / intel icc section

also try and flash back to the stock bios to check and see if its really due to the premamod or not.

Just to clarify, if I use premamod bios it will not bypass the overclocking limitation for my chip right? For instance, I have a i7-4720hq and I can only overclock by 200 mhz whether be a single core or a quad core. If I have the premamod bios, the limitation will still be the same right?

Just to clarify, if I use premamod bios it will not bypass the overclocking limitation for my chip right? For instance, I have a i7-4720hq and I can only overclock by 200 mhz whether be a single core or a quad core. If I have the premamod bios, the limitation will still be the same right?

That is correct.

have u tried changing the bclk speed in the bios? its in the advanced / intel icc section

also try and flash back to the stock bios to check and see if its really due to the premamod or not.

Thanks for your quick reply, Jaybee.

I tried changing the Intel ICC -> BCLK value. Unfortunately, it is more or less locked at "10000", which translates to 100 MHz. Increasing that value by more than a few points results in a lock-up.

I also followed your advice to restore the stock BIOS. Unfortunately, that did not solve the bus speed issue. However, the bus speed is slightly faster now - it fluctuates between 95 and 97 MHz.

*Shrug* Anyone else experiencing this problem or can offer a solution / suggestion?

Thanks again!

@WJames

That's called spread spectrum (down) and normal for every single system...

It is the same for all bios and is an intentional instrument to balance the frequencies between different parts of the system.

@WJames

That's called spread spectrum (down) and normal for every single system...

It is the same for all bios and is an intentional instrument to balance the frequencies between different parts of the system.

Thanks for the info, Prema. That makes perfect sense. I have seen that behavior with my other computers / laptops, but I have never seen the bus speed decrease this much - by as much as 7% below the target bus speed. Typically, I only see the bus speed fluctuate a percent or two.

However, based upon a recommendation from another 4790k owner in another forum, I disabled virtualization in the BIOS. Presto! My bus speed is now pegged at 99.76 MHz! I have virtualization enabled on my other laptops, and it seems to have little impact, but on this processor (and perhaps all Haswells), the effect is very noticeable.

Thanks again for your help and explanation, Prema!

By the way, have you considered exposing the BCLK strap in your BIOS? While researching my bus speed issue, I found numerous interesting articles on the potentials of that option.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic