[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

THX for your donation! Always helps to push it up my ToDo list. :)

Ha ha :), that is nothing, you work is really worth a donation, you saved my P170EM (still working fine, gona give it to my parents).

I think that I can talk on behalf of everybody to say that you are doing an amazing work on the bios!

• Thumbs Up 3

No don't flash it!

oops.

I flashed mine. The keyboard backlight does not work.

More importantly, the 880M is not recognized by nVidia drivers. In device manager I see Standard VGA Graphics Adapter and it has the yellow triangle. Device status is: This device cannot start (Code 10).

8880MnVidiaError_zps13356526.png

I voiced it with my wallet. Ha!

oops.

More importantly, the 880M is not recognized by nVidia drivers. In device manager I see Standard VGA Graphics Adapter and it has the yellow triangle. Device status is: This device cannot start (Code 10).

Do you have a backup of the stock bios?

Flash that back for the keyboard.

Regarding the 880M you probably need to reset the EC or flash the correct vbios.

Ask from the other member who has the same laptop his vbios in case its the latter.

oops.

Ha ha ha, will send you the correct BIOS/EC for your model...

EDIT: The W230SS, P150SM-A & P170SM-A (yours) stock files are now in the OP! Mods are in the works...

THX for giving the 'coffee button' a punch! :)

Do you have a backup of the stock bios?

Flash that back for the keyboard.

Regarding the 880M you probably need to reset the EC or flash the correct vbios.

Ask from the other member who has the same laptop his vbios in case its the latter.

He flashed a BIOS 'incompatible' with his motherboard...

Ha ha ha, will send you the correct BIOS/EC for your model...

EDIT: The W230SS, P150SM-A & P170SM-A (yours) stock files are now in the OP! Mods are in the works...

THX for giving the 'coffee button' a punch! :)

He flashed a BIOS 'incompatible' with his motherboard...

Yes I did!

I completely read the page wrong and thought that 880M support meant you had the P170SM-A posted. /facepalm

People have done dumber things I suppose... I am just glad it isn't bricked! :eek:

Ok, that did the trick. I no longer have a Sager... it's now a Onenote. :)

Windows 7 *really* doesn't like it when you have the wrong bios installed. It *really*, *really* doesn't like it if you do a fresh install with the wrong bios and then you put the correct one back!

I really appreciate you putting up the correct bios. Saves me at least a day. Thankfully, I still have my Dell M4500 for work so I didn't create an emergency for myself.

Well i got good news and awesome news from my P370SM for which I was a beta tester of Prema's BIOS. Currently my P370SM went to RMA with a damaged EEPROM damaged chip, and is was Sent over 2 months ago. Since Clevo took so long to give me my RMA back they accepted to give me a totally new P370SM instead of my old one with a new chip but I will have to pay the 350€ of the damaged chip But will receive a brand new P370SM with 4800QM, 16GB of ram, 2x 780M, SSD of 256Gb and a Hitachi Disk of 1Tb and à Intel 7240 AC Network card.

So... Good thing I waited for it. Can't wait to have it and get Prema's magic hands on it ehhehe

I'm So happy... Only had My Clevo with me for 4 days and it went to warranty...

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

Well i got good news and awesome news from my P370SM for which I was a beta tester of Prema's BIOS. Currently my P370SM went to RMA with a damaged EEPROM damaged chip, and is was Sent over 2 months ago. Since Clevo took so long to give me my RMA back they accepted to give me a totally new P370SM instead of my old one with a new chip but I will have to pay the 350€ of the damaged chip But will receive a brand new P370SM with 4800QM, 16GB of ram, 2x 780M, SSD of 256Gb and a Hitachi Disk of 1Tb and à Intel 7240 AC Network card.

So... Good thing I waited for it. Can't wait to have it and get Prema's magic hands on it ehhehe

I'm So happy... Only had My Clevo with me for 4 days and it went to warranty...

Confirmed! Will receive a totally brand new Clevo P370SM from Clevo ehehhe

Hey do you guys know how to adjust fan curve? I have premas Bios mod flashed. My pc is in my sig.

Also do you guys know the best way to limit fps in some games? I have v-sync in RIFT but it never reached 60fps so it gets up to 86c for some reason. (unigen heaven gets up to 76c after 30 mins!, why is rift so hot lol)

I would like to limit fps to like 45 to give my GPU a break maybe :)

Thanks

Prema, I'm using P375SM here and would like to know if HPET is enabled on default or where I can enable it.

Thanks in advance

HPET is enabled by default.

Can you modify the notebook features?

MUX-less Fixed Scheme Only (Cross-mode): Switch between iGPU or dGPU as primary GPU <------- This

MUX-less Fixed and Dynamic Scheme (God-mode): Switch between Fixed and Dynamic <------- This

Link: • View topic - Unlocking your Switchable Graphics' Full Potential

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hybrid Schemes

• MUX-ed Fixed Scheme (Pure-mode): Switch between iGPU and dGPU as primary display
  • MUX-less Fixed Scheme Only (Cross-mode): Switch between iGPU or dGPU as primary GPU
  • MUX-less Dynamic Scheme Only (Mixed-mode): Switch between iGPU or dGPU independently per process
  • MUX-less Fixed and Dynamic Scheme (God-mode): Switch between Fixed and Dynamic

So, should I unlock my BIOS?

That depends on your preference.

• Do you prefer user-experience? You want Dynamic mode.
  • Are you a power-user? You want Fixed mode.
  • Are you in-between? You want Fixed and Dynamic mode.

Can you modify the notebook features?

The dGPU ports are fully muxed to the iGPU and it is physically not connected to the display, nothing we can do about that...

EDIT: Though the system counts as muxless, there are no switches to alter switching behavior via BIOS.

Only thing you can do with the Mod is to force the dGPU to stay enabled or disabled instead to auto-switch.

The dGPU ports are fully muxed to the iGPU and it is physically not connected to the display, nothing we can do about that...

EDIT: Though the system counts as muxless, there are no switches to alter switching behavior via BIOS.

Only thing you can do with the Mod is to force the dGPU to stay enabled or disabled instead to auto-switch.

:cry_002:

Hi prema, my brother is using one of your bios mods on his laptop and I can they are nice.

I would like to ask you something, not sure if it is the correct place.

how did you added the FN+9 shortcut to switch full fan speed?

I am modding the L502X bios at this topic:

L502X modded bioses download (GPU voltages and more!)

I am interested on adding also a fan hotkey feature :)

I currently am able to switch the mode of the fan, but just via RWE.

I have a clevo W350ET, with switchable graphics (intel hd 4000 and geforce 660m) is it possible to disable switchable graphics with this bios mod?

Also i see there are 2 versions one with "OV" in the file name and one without. whats the difference?

Hi prema, my brother is using one of your bios mods on his laptop and I can they are nice.

I would like to ask you something, not sure if it is the correct place.

how did you added the FN+9 shortcut to switch full fan speed?

I am modding the L502X bios at this topic:

L502X modded bioses download (GPU voltages and more!)

I am interested on adding also a fan hotkey feature :)

I currently am able to switch the mode of the fan, but just via RWE.

Will Mail/PM you... :)

I have a clevo W350ET, with switchable graphics (intel hd 4000 and geforce 660m) is it possible to disable switchable graphics with this bios mod?

Also i see there are 2 versions one with "OV" in the file name and one without. whats the difference?

That Mod has no such option...OV = NVIDIA 3D Turbo clocks overvolted, regular version has only the GPU OC limits raised.

@ALL

Prema Mod for P570WMx updated to v4 and now on the OP.

Changelog:

- Rebased to BIOS v1.03.05 & EC v1.03.03 (GTX8x0M / R290x support)

- Intel Boot Agent GE updated to v1.5.53

- Intel Gigabit LAN updated to v6.2.08

- Added C-State configuration options

- Added Chipset Menu (VT-d, LAN, AC Power Restore, Audio, PCIe, USB, DIMM Info)

- CPU Microcodes updated & added:

E4 416 > 424

E6 > 600

E7 > 703

D1 103 > 106

D2 20A > 20C

D3 302 > 304

ENJOY! :)

Dear my lovely lifesaver prema.

as always my 2000bucks laptop is giving me problems again...

after having an almost 90% problems solved on my clevo p370sm3 (xmg 370p723 120hz 780sli) I still have the LAN and wifi problems : (

But what im here today is because suddenly, and after having a pleasant game experience during 2-3 months after flashing both 780's and bios, my laptop is starting to blackscreen after 5min of gaming. It just freezes sometimes, and sometimes it just freezes and auto restart.

What can I do ? dof you have an idea of the possible problem im experiencing?

do you recomend me to send the laptop back to the manufacturer to have a check? Im kind of tired of playing with flashing and stuff... I guess thats what I was tied when I decided to buy this machine but men...

The only hint I can add is that one day I got an NVIDIA driver stopped working, after that, problems started. I tried installing new drivers, new and older ones, going to non sli config, and things keep happening, in a lower impact once I go to non sli config.

I was thinking on flashing a new BIOS but I saw p370ms3 v2 still not operative.

Could the problem be a 780 card or cards broken?

Temps are kind of high (hwmonitor say laptop overal temp is aroun 70C iddle while cards keep 40 iddle, and core0 runs at 60-50 iddle) and fans are always crazy going top speed low speed as it wants....

Will you be able to save my life again?

LEt me know if you need me to upload any picture, video, or config... No intelXMP installed, no overclocked rams or processor on bios, just sli 120hz enable. nvidia 332.66 runnning.

thank u men

: (

• Thumbs Up 1

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic