[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Never flash any old backups! The risk of bricking is very high.

This includes going from an newer to an older version of the stock bios?

Last time I tried your mod I had problems with the GPU, I flashed the stock 1.03.03 and then my reseller 1.03.01 without any problem.

I've just been lucky or is a safe procedure?

To be honest I'm pretty much ok with my stock bios, I just would like to use the more aggressive fan profile to avoid the full speed fan to be forced even with medium loads.

I'd try your new mod but if still gives me problems with the GPU I would want to be able to revert to the old one safely.

edit: I forgot: I'm on a p150sm

This includes going from an newer to an older version of the stock bios?

Last time I tried your mod I had problems with the GPU, I flashed the stock 1.03.03 and then my reseller 1.03.01 without any problem.

I've just been lucky or is a safe procedure?

To be honest I'm pretty much ok with my stock bios, I just would like to use the more aggressive fan profile to avoid the full speed fan to be forced even with medium loads.

I'd try your new mod but if still gives me problems with the GPU I would want to be able to revert to the old one safely.

edit: I forgot: I'm on a p150sm

Especially downgrades are dangerous. They work to a certain degree. In the case of your model you would kill it by downgrading to a pre v1.03.xx BIOS/EC.

My Mod doesn't change anything regarding dGPU on that model, what 'problems'?

Prema Mod v2 for P150SM, P151SM, P157SM, P170SM, P177SM, P370SM, P375SM, W230ST, W35xST & W370ST released!

(Still waiting for Clevo to finalize GTX880M P370SM3 BIOS)...

Now looking for W740SU beta tester... ;)

ENJOY! :D

Hi Prema,

Does the P3xxSM: section also cover the P370SM3 and are the links in your OP to the latest? I was having a blue screen crash so restored the stock but no OC:23_002:

Hi Prema,

Does the P3xxSM: section also cover the P370SM3 and are the links in your OP to the latest? I was having a blue screen crash so restored the stock but no OC:23_002:

No, like I said in that quote. The P370SM3 hasn't been updated by Clevo yet. They are still testing the 3D v 1.03.03 BIOS GTX880M 3D licences...will only make the new Mod for that system once they finally get the BIOS out.

Especially downgrades are dangerous. They work to a certain degree. In the case of your model you would kill it by downgrading to a pre v1.03.xx BIOS/EC.

My Mod doesn't change anything regarding dGPU on that model, what 'problems'?

I already posted it a while back. Under certain circumtstances a bug kicks in and the GPU goes to 100% load even under light load.

It doesn't have an impact on performances but the heat generation is horrible.

You told me that probably an update of the GPU bios would make the difference but I couldn't find any newer bios for my 8970m that was tested on enduro machines.

The ones in the OP are from machines that don't have enduro and if you open them with VBE you'll find out there are differences with the UEFI boot sectors so I won't take the risk to flash them.

I guess I'll just live with my fan noise for the moment.

Yeah I don't know if the new vBIOS works on P1xxSM, too.

The latest Mod wouldn't make a difference to latest stock regarding this matter, so using the Mod won't hurt it.

Yeah I don't know if the new vBIOS works on P1xxSM, too.

The latest Mod wouldn't make a difference to latest stock regarding this matter, so using the Mod won't hurt it.

Well, I don't know if the reseller modded the bios somehow to avoid this bug. Older versions of their bios had it as well as your v1.1 mod (that is based on a newer version).

So I don't really know if the fix is something specific for the 1.03.01 bios or if they modded somehow the bios to avoid it.

If it could be of some use I will send you via PM the 1.03.01 bios I'm currently using.

All reseller use the same BIOS apart from a couple of visual tweaks...my v2 Mod is based on v1.03.04

In this case I'm not sure. The bug was there on bios prior to 1.03.01 and is there as well on your older mod (so 1.03.03). Funny thing is that is also driver dependant (with VGA drivers prior to 13.6 it won't kick in).

I don't really know if the problem is only of a few people and is given by some strange software/hardware combination.

Thank you Prema.

I want to flash the BIOS to the original backup one, here is the info of the backup rom(4 MB size):

BIOS Version: 1.03.03TBP2

KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.03.01TE1

And current version of your mod revision I've used is:

BIOS Version: 1.03.03PM v1.1

KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.03.01

I've forgot to backup the original EC, does it matter or not?

I've run the following commands in pure dos:

AFUDOS ORIGINAL_BACKUP.ROM /D

and got "ERROR: ROM FILE ROMID IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH EXISTING BIOS ROMID"

then I append /X param, as:

AFUDOS ORIGINAL_BACKUP.ROM /D /X

got "ERROR: ROM FILE CAPSULE HEADER CHECKING FAIL"

If I could use this backup to flash or not?

Since I've bought my computer in last month, I used the camera rarely- might be no more than 2 hours, I didn't think that it was broken.

So I need to restore the BIOS with the original one to check if the problem relates to your Mod BIOS or not.

Please help me if with your pleasure.

THANK YOU!

Thank you Prema.

I want to flash the BIOS to the original backup one, here is the info of the backup rom(4 MB size):

BIOS Version: 1.03.03TBP2

KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.03.01TE1

And current version of your mod revision I've used is:

BIOS Version: 1.03.03PM v1.1

KBC/EC Firmware Revision: 1.03.01

I've forgot to backup the original EC, does it matter or not?

I've run the following commands in pure dos:

AFUDOS ORIGINAL_BACKUP.ROM /D

and got "ERROR: ROM FILE ROMID IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH EXISTING BIOS ROMID"

then I append /X param, as:

AFUDOS ORIGINAL_BACKUP.ROM /D /X

got "ERROR: ROM FILE CAPSULE HEADER CHECKING FAIL"

If I could use this backup to flash or not?

Since I've bought my computer in last month, I used the camera rarely- might be no more than 2 hours, I didn't think that it was broken.

So I need to restore the BIOS with the original one to check if the problem relates to your Mod BIOS or not.

Please help me if with your pleasure.

THANK YOU!

I would't flash that backup. ;)

...Terrans Force offers the same stock Clevo BIOS & EC in their official support Forum as the ones in the OP here...so if you have a hardware problem that will be good enough for them when sending it in.

I would try the v2 Mod first as it flashes everything and resets your NVRAM in case it got corrupted along the way...

I would't flash that backup. ;)

...Terrans Force offers the same stock Clevo BIOS & EC in their official support Forum as the ones in the OP here...so if you have a hardware problem that will be good enough for them when sending it in.

I would try the v2 Mod first as it flashes everything and resets your NVRAM in case it got corrupted along the way...

Prema you're the man.

I just overclocked my measly 8Gb of Gskill 1333Mhz CL9 2N ram that I bought for 40 bucks, yes you read that right 40$ to 1600mhz cl9 1N.

I gave it a go at 1866Mhz without messing with timings to see if it would stick, computer went unresponsive.

Reseted the bios and and off it went.

Still I'm rather happy with what you allowed me to do with my W230ST,

250gb 840Evo + Crucial M500 120gb in raid0 and 8Gb at 1600mhz + i7 running at 3.4Ghz.

Dead silent in multimedia tasks.

Clevo should be paying you, their performance laptops become even more powerfull with your tweaks.

One day they'll be coming with your bios from factory(I know some resellers already do that)

• Thumbs Up 2

Question,

Have w230st. I am currently using your v2 mod for the computer and its awesome BUT

Should i update first to latest stock bios version that is on the first page THEN update to Version 2?

Im not to worried about flashing i think i have a pretty good handle on it, just curious if i would notice anything

ON HWinfo- My system BIOS Version is 4.6

Bios Vendor-Prema

Bios Version-1.03.03PM V2

Just curious is all

Im pretty happy so many new features and so easy to look through

Question,

Have w230st. I am currently using your v2 mod for the computer and its awesome BUT

Should i update first to latest stock bios version that is on the first page THEN update to Version 2?

Im not to worried about flashing i think i have a pretty good handle on it, just curious if i would notice anything

ON HWinfo- My system BIOS Version is 4.6

Bios Vendor-Prema

Bios Version-1.03.03PM V2

Just curious is all

Im pretty happy so many new features and so easy to look through

I went straight from the V1 of Prema bios to the V2, if you had to flash stock before Prema would've told us.

I'm having GPU problems as well. After I flashed v2, some things reset (wifi profiles deleted) and optimus doesn't seem to be working. It also won't let me reinstall nvidia drivers. I checked in the BIOS and there's a menu for "Switchable Graphics" that seems to be empty (no options). Is that intended?

Weird things happen like this every time I update the BIOS for some reason. It corrupts my Windows Installation almost every time. Why is this?

Edit: NVM, I went to safe mode and managed to remove and reinstall Nvidia Drivers

Having a problem though with UEFI (but I've always had this problem in previous versions of the mod). If I set the Video in CSM to UEFI only, the Windows boot logo freezes, but I can hear the system keep on loading, the screen just stays on the boot logo. Any ideas?

I'm having GPU problems as well. After I flashed v2' date=' some things reset (wifi profiles deleted) and optimus doesn't seem to be working. It also won't let me reinstall nvidia drivers. I checked in the BIOS and there's a menu for "Switchable Graphics" that seems to be empty (no options). Is that intended?

Weird things happen like this every time I update the BIOS for some reason. It corrupts my Windows Installation almost every time. Why is this?

Edit: NVM, I went to safe mode and managed to remove and reinstall Nvidia Drivers

Having a problem though with UEFI (but I've always had this problem in previous versions of the mod). If I set the Video in CSM to UEFI only, the Windows boot logo freezes, but I can hear the system keep on loading, the screen just stays on the boot logo. Any ideas?[/quote']

EDIT: We can not set CSM while using Win 8.x UEFI mode, that is intended and not supported by design.

I just uploaded a new version of the P1xxSM Mods with a little tweak that let's you get rid of the stock BIOS 'BUG' that keeps the dGPU FAN spinning even after it is no longer in use. (Totally spaced it the first round) :D

Set the option under "Advanced" > "Switchable Graphics" > "PX 5.0 Mode" to "BACO"

EDIT: We can not set CSM while using Win 8.x UEFI mode, that is intended and not supported by design.

I just uploaded a new version of the P1xxSM Mods with a little tweak that let's you get rid of the stock BIOS 'BUG' that keeps the dGPU FAN spinning even after it is no longer in use. (Totally spaced it the first round) :D

Set the option under "Advanced" > "Switchable Graphics" > "PX 5.0 Mode" to "BACO"

I'm using Windows 7 UEFI sorry for not specfying. I downloaded the BIOS 2/27/2014

I'm using Windows 7 UEFI sorry for not specfying. I downloaded the BIOS 2/27/2014

UEFI in general doesn't work along with CSM...that new BIOS was upped today ;)

premamod bios v2 on p370sm

...it's normal to see the premamod logo start at bios, in a small windows in the centre of the screen? i remember the premamod logo view in fullsreen on p170em... if i enter into bios, i can see all in fullscreen. only the initial logo it's small!!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 con Tapatalk 2

premamod bios v2 on p370sm

...it's normal to see the premamod logo start at bios, in a small windows in the centre of the screen? i remember the premamod logo view in fullsreen on p170em... if i enter into bios, i can see all in fullscreen. only the initial logo it's small!!

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 con Tapatalk 2

I am not sure what you mean...maybe you never used the P170EM in UEFI mode, where the logo is high res and smaller?

Could you please make a screen shot to make sure they didn't re-introduce the logo bug?

Did you change CSM settings? Like forcing UEFI vBIOS in non UEFI mode? Are you using fastboot or is an external screen connected, too?

Please load setup defaults, save and exit and confirm that it looks the same...

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic