[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Hi Prema

First I'd like to thank you for your work, I really appreciate it, and did show it in the proper way :)

Now for my question: I recently installed your 1.1 MOD BIOS on my P170SM from ONE (german reseller). After performing the flashing steps detailed in the readme, the prompt gave me an option to use Cool or Quiet fan (don't remember the exact wording) by entering A or B.

I did select the Quiet option, and it flashed some other flash, I presume it was the EC.

I was wondering now, since I already have your custom BIOS flashed, can I reflash just the A/B part, or do I have to go trough all update steps if I wanted to check what the "Cool" option would do?

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I could'nt find it. Neither by searching this thread, or google, or your biosmods.wordpress.com!

Cheers

Line40

Does anyone know what "PSU" refers to exactly? I know it means power supply unit but i have no idea where it is on my laptop....or is it referring to the AC adapter?

Edit : I get a blinking cursor after booting from USB but i cannot type anything....whats going on? I just get a very loud clacking sound after a while when i press the keyboard keys (at first, its silent).

Alright. The P151SM1 BIOS folder is missing a readme though, and there doesnt appear to be a update.bat in the folder. What do i do?

Figured out the cant type problem : i forgot to select "create a bootable disk using MS-DOS"...derp.

Edit : Nevermind, the readme file is outside of the folder....

Hello again,

Prema it must be said that your work on here is absolutely terrific and much appreciated.

In waiting for the w350st bios mod to be unveiled I have since discovered bios mods for my old machine, MSI GX740.

Just been sat in a cupboard gathering dust.

Thankfully it's still as reliable as ever if the CPU isn't a bottleneck :(

Anyway, peace out dude. Love the commitment!

Hi there,

Thank you due to your bios mod i can oc my memory in my 157sm (though i'm using 4930mx, which means other oc options might be meaningless to me just because the origin bios can support xtu.) I'm waiting for buying and testing corsair vengeance but not now, just because the memory price is too high now :|

But here, i may just have a simple request to you prema,

While i was trying to customize the boot logo in your bios i got an error message" error loading firmware image(80000001h)"

I just quite don't understand why, does that happen just because anyone tries to modify your bios are not allowed, or just because some mistakes happened in my operations?

If you don't allow anyone to modify your bios, would you like to make a special bios containing my customized boot logo? If it's possible, would you like to tell me what kind of images i should give to you? Just telling me the size and other notifications of the images should be ok.(well i'm using win8.1 in uefi mode)

If that happened just because my wrong operations, would you like to tell me how can i modify the boot logo in right steps?

Many thanks.

But here, i may just have a simple request to you prema,

While i was trying to customize the boot logo in your bios i got an error message" error loading firmware image(80000001h)"

I just quite don't understand why, does that happen just because anyone tries to modify your bios are not allowed, or just because some mistakes happened in my operations?

Many thanks.

Because of the changes I make software programs can't be used to alter my recent Mods further.

I offer to rebuild them with custom logos to private donor (to reduce the amount of requests and to make it worth my time).

Just make it with the remark "my logo" and your email address.

All I require is a 1920x1080 high quality (PSD, BMP...) of whatever you want to be your logo. :)

Because of the changes I make software programs can't be used to alter my recent Mods further.

I offer to rebuild them with custom logos to private donor (to reduce the amount of requests and to make it worth my time).

All I require is a 1920x1080 high quality (PSD, BMP...) of whatever you want to be your logo. :)

^ Now that's cool!

Now thant you due to your help, this customized BIOS for me is functioning well with my custom logo.

So many thanks!

Prema thanks for all your work. Is there a full guide for configuring Mac OSX on the W230ST? I have managed to install it but now need to install the bootloader and my graphics are flickering. Any guidance appreciated!

Prema : I flashed your BIOS using both the OC and silent fan settings. The OC setting was rather loud (especially on idle) but did keep the laptop cool enough under default clocks and load to prevent the turbo fan from kicking in. The silent setting seems exactly the same as the default clevo setting though, and when reaching 70 degrees celsius, the fan doesnt increase to a fast enough speed to prevent the turbo fan from kicking in under default clocks and load.

Most annoyingly, when the turbo fan kicks in, it will not turn off (even with fn + 1) until the CPU temp drops below 50 degrees. I already unplugged the AC adapter for 30+ seconds....any idea why this is happening?

Prema thanks for all your work. Is there a full guide for configuring Mac OSX on the W230ST? I have managed to install it but now need to install the bootloader and my graphics are flickering. Any guidance appreciated!

Did you follow this Tutorial?: Tutorials | Prema Mod

Prema : I flashed your BIOS using both the OC and silent fan settings. The OC setting was rather loud (especially on idle) but did keep the laptop cool enough under default clocks and load to prevent the turbo fan from kicking in. The silent setting seems exactly the same as the default clevo setting though, and when reaching 70 degrees celsius, the fan doesnt increase to a fast enough speed to prevent the turbo fan from kicking in under default clocks and load.

Most annoyingly, when the turbo fan kicks in, it will not turn off (even with fn + 1) until the CPU temp drops below 50 degrees. I already unplugged the AC adapter for 30+ seconds....any idea why this is happening?

Guess that's how Clevo made them...

Hello prema,

I have (or had :confusion:) a clevo P157SM which i flashed with your P15xSM 1.1 bios. The bios updated fine and i could set the proper timings for my ram so, so far so good. But now i've done something very stupid... I setted the baseclock and peg/dmi ratio to 1,25 and hit the apply permanently on next boot button. The laptop won't boot anymore after this and pulling out the cmos battery for 2 minutes also won't work. (didn't have the battery and power adapter attached) Pushing 30 seconds on the power button also doesn't works and the only thing my laptop does is:

Turn on

*wait 2 seconds*

Turn off

*wait 2 seconds*

Turn on

Well, i think you get it, a nasty boot loop. I also tryed to recover the bios but it won't even read the usb stick, it just turns off. I also tryed diffrent ram in diffrent slots so i don't know any solutions anymore.... I'm feeling a bit sick about it because i just murdered it in 3 days......

Remove PSU and both the batteries (incl. CMOS) for 30 min. ;)

The day has come! Tomorrow i'll be picking up the P370SM :D

Then after I get used to it and have everything stable like drivers/Windows etc etc etc... I'll be able to beta test your BIOS Prema :D

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

The day has come! Tomorrow i'll be picking up the P370SM :D

Then after I get used to it and have everything stable like drivers/Windows etc etc etc... I'll be able to beta test your BIOS Prema :D

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

You mean this?:look_down:

98c3.jpg
Yesterday had a chance to try out new PREMA P370SM3 unlocked bios. And boy, it's superb)

My main 2 concerns with the system were: 4800MQ not overclockable as it should and 4x4Gb 2133Mhz 1.35v Vengeance memory ran at 1866Mhz on Haswell laptops no matter what i did. And volia! Manually I set 2133Mhz in the bios and bumped all the multies for the CPU (AMP - 800, Power 75W/75W) and it worked like a charm from the first time. Of course, the temps were like 8C higher then regular under heavy load but it was well worth it. Check out my Firestrike score:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M video card benchmark result - Intel Core i7-4800MQ,Notebook P370SM3

Not a breakthrough but the CPU score is just kicking) Also plenty of bios options are available for just about anything! PREMA is awesome. Thanks a bunch)

That also didn't brought my laptop back to life so i'm sending the laptop rma for (i think) a new motherboard...

That is very odd, we tested the feature and it always reseted automatically in case non working settings where applied. Maybe the board has a physical problem?

The only other thing I can think off is removing and re-plugging the power cord while it is doing it's "boot-loop" thingy.

EDIT:

Did you try to remove mSATA, SSD etc?

Well,

I also thought that i could do everything in the bios and if it goes wrong you can reset it, but probably not... I also tryed to replug the power cord to reset the ec but it still has the same problem. I have 1 ssd and 1 hdd in the laptop so i could try to remove them and then start the laptop. But it is very strange indeed. I overclocked almost every pc and laptop (yes, i had a aspire 5560g with unlocked multiplier :) ) and if it was going wrong i could reset the cmos and everything was fine again. I also read something about a corrupt nvram? I had this boot looping one time before and after reseating the ram everything was fine, but the ram would never run stable above 1066mhz and it was crucial 1600mhz ram. So it could also be a bad motherboard?

Well,

I also thought that i could do everything in the bios and if it goes wrong you can reset it, but probably not... I also tryed to replug the power cord to reset the ec but it still has the same problem. I have 1 ssd and 1 hdd in the laptop so i could try to remove them and then start the laptop. But it is very strange indeed. I overclocked almost every pc and laptop (yes, i had a aspire 5560g with unlocked multiplier :) ) and if it was going wrong i could reset the cmos and everything was fine again. I also read something about a corrupt nvram? I had this boot looping one time before and after reseating the ram everything was fine, but the ram would never run stable above 1066mhz and it was crucial 1600mhz ram. So it could also be a bad motherboard?

Just to clarify the memory never ran over 1066 effective right? Just making sure you're not making that silly mistake of setting actual to effective.

And removing a memory stick should clear out all memory settings in the NVRAM, so maybe there is a hardware issue.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic