[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

1T/2T option is in main page "setup" menu (called nmode: 1N,2N). It may very much help in getting 18xxMhz RAM up and running.

Thanks, tried 2T, still to no avail.. couldn't boot at 1800mhz. Bad luck i guess, i'll stick with 1600mhz 10-10-10-24.

Happy holidays!

What we all wish for is not possible. If the fan doesn't spin the CPU will heat up to trigger almost any value. So at that point the fan will blow and switch off once cool again and create the canyoning fan ON - OFF - ON - OFF burst.

The other solution is to keep at spinning at very low speed to keep it from heating up, this is what it does now.

Keep in mind that Clevos Control Center Software also influences the fan behavior. So using Entertainment or quiet mode will create a minimum noise scenario for low usage situations.

Hello again,

Well if you read what other Clevo models do they get fan spinning at 70deg C in quiet mode. But with P157SM I get it at 55deg C (hottest core temp). So what I wish for is for it to be off untill 70deg too and then it can start. I can't test it for sure but I bet my laptop cooler (with a 200mm fan that is really quiet but still pressing in air into the bottom inlets of the laptop) would keep it below 70deg when surfing since the heat for the processor basicly is 55deg for the whole 3min period (and I almost suspect that the temp isnt even the problem since its very exact in its period, maybe its a time loop?).

Is there an additional noise control using Clevo quietmode over Windows 8.1 "Power Save" power option set (which has "Passive cooling" active in advanced settings?)?

What other "power options" does that mode enable (mine always say User Modified when setting my own Power Options)?

Regards

MrK

Thanks, tried 2T, still to no avail.. couldn't boot at 1800mhz. Bad luck i guess, i'll stick with 1600mhz 10-10-10-24.

Happy holidays!

try it with some adjustment of subtiming, too

maybe you should loosen your subtiming (especially tRRD) to 1 or 2 points greater (for example I was able to boot to 2133 with tRRD 7)

hi prema

i just flashed ur 157sm bios and got a little question

for ram mode, is that ddr3 for 1.5v and ddr3l for 1.35v?

Yep! ;)

Latest stock BIOS & ECs for P370SM, P370SM3, P375SM, P570WM & P570WM3 added to OP! ;)

Also Color Correction Profile for ICM LG LP173WF2-TPB1, the screen used in all 3D models.

ENJOY! :)

Yep! ;)

Latest stock BIOS & ECs for P370SM, P370SM3, P375SM, P570WM & P570WM3 added to OP! ;)

Also Color Correction Profile for ICM LG LP173WF2-TPB1, the screen used in all 3D models.

ENJOY! :)

For a moment I read Custom BIOS.. Damn LOL

I'll beta test mate like I told you thru email. Let the store tell me to pickup the Clevo and i'll do it for the community :D

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

Since I have 32GB of RAM and win key on the left, how should I proceed? Must I take 2T version? Will the windows Key be changed to the other side? Or should I take the K2, and my RAM will be unstable?

Thanks, great work.

I would suggest the regular (T1) K2 version. If the RAM turns out unstable you can still use the T2 later.

Since I have 32GB of RAM and win key on the left, how should I proceed? Must I take 2T version? Will the windows Key be changed to the other side? Or should I take the K2, and my RAM will be unstable?

Thanks, great work.

You can try the T1 version and if the system is unstable you can pull a stick or 2 and reflash back.

Guys i sent an email asking Clevo for the latest BIOS to P370SM and this was their answer:

Dear Joao,

I regret to inform you the BIOS it just service for distributor only. It is not allow release to end-user.

Happy X'mas and New Year 2014

Sincerely Yours,

Marketing

It's not difficult to update EC and then the BIOS, just wanted to know if Clevo shared BIOS to the end user

Guys i sent an email asking Clevo for the latest BIOS to P370SM and this was their answer:

It's not difficult to update EC and then the BIOS, just wanted to know if Clevo shared BIOS to the end user

Well, they don't even give the files directly to most reseler... :distracted:

Prema: Could you make a new modded version that has the fan totally off as it were in Stock Bios 31 EC 31 for the P157SM?

If not: How do we revert it to stock? Does all things need to be reverted? I mean both ME and EC and BIOS or just the BIOS?

Will I lose the Microcode upgrades and the Intel/iGpu vBios updates?

Any way of turning off Intel Smart Start with a stock BIOS?

Forgot to respond, but yeah, it didn't work. :(

How? You can't remove the password with the stock Clevo BIOS? That doesn't seem right...

EDIT: Prema Mod v3 for P570WMx now in the OP!

ENJOY & Happy New Year :)

Well, i just bricked my P570WM.First i flashed prema bios v3 and went well but the vga (gtx 680m) was at 75ºc and not was down from there without doing anything.

Then i try to revert back to prema bios v2 and betwen steps i press f7 and the system beep all the time, in step 3 when it was at 50% flashing the main block it shutdown...and thats all.

The system don't boot and even the display show nothing, only the hdd led blink and then half a minute later shutdown.

There is a solution or i wasted 2000 € in 6 months :( ?

Was the system beeping with capslock, scroll lock, and numlock flashing? Clevos do this when the laptop can't detect gpu temps. They also automatically power off after about 2 minutes when this happens.

Yes, exactly.But then i removed the battery and was only the hdd led flashing.

I tried to do the recovery from prema's page but don't work, the display show nothing.

And i didn't found a stock v10 bios for the P570WM with the EC v08 like prema bios v2.

Well, i just bricked my P570WM.First i flashed prema bios v3 and went well but the vga (gtx 680m) was at 75ºc and not was down from there without doing anything.

Then i try to revert back to prema bios v2 and betwen steps i press f7 and the system beep all the time, in step 3 when it was at 50% flashing the main block it shutdown...and thats all.

The system don't boot and even the display show nothing, only the hdd led blink and then half a minute later shutdown.

There is a solution or i wasted 2000 € in 6 months :( ?

Most Clevo BIOS/EC cannot be downgraded. So flashing an older version (Mod or Stock makes no difference) often bricks the system.

There is no temperature difference between old and new version. The system just reported a wrong temp reading because of the difference from Clevo's older to their newer EC. The removal of PSU for 30s after the flash is essential in order to clear the old readings...("README" file)

So the system did a thermal shutdown while flashing the BIOS after flashing the old EC...you can try to boot from a BIOS on USB:

- Rename the v2 BIOS file from "P570WM.PM2" to "WM014.ROM" and put it on the USB stick

- Keep "FN and "B" buttons pressed while booting from USB 2 port

- If it boots from USB it will enter a BIOS recovery menu after an automatic reboot, at that stage let go of the keys and use the options there to reflash the BIOS

If the above renaming doesn't work try renaming the v3 BIOS from "P570WM32.PM3" to:

"WM019.ROM"

Good Luck

Prema could you kill the thermal shutdown part of the ec? It causes so many problems, like making dell cards not work for one and shutting down beatlep's laptop during a bios flash. It also makes running without a dgpu impossible. The shutdown also takes way too long to actually save overheating hardware.

Nothing, the system don't reboot and the display show nothing.

How do i make a clear cmos in the p570wm ?

I have to dismount the entire laptop to do it ?

It's below the keyboard:

8i4o.jpg

0y65.jpg

Since the BIOS is only flashed half, I wouldn't expect this to work.

I see you are in Spain, we have someone who can send you a pre-programmed BIOS chip for just a few bucks from Switzerland.

This is the location of the chip:

nv6j.jpg

I will try to make a clear cmos if this don't work a pre-programmed BIOS chip can be a good solution, but i have to solder it? I have no idea how to do it.

I will make a clear cmos thursday, now i don't have a correct screwdriver to do it and tomorrow is closed everywhere.

I will try to make a clear cmos if this don't work a pre-programmed BIOS chip can be a good solution, but i have to solder it? I have no idea how to do it.

I will make a clear cmos thursday, now i don't have a correct screwdriver to do it and tomorrow is closed everywhere.

Any tech-shop (tv, mobile repair...) can do the soldering for you in just a couple of minutes (or maybe a friend or classmate?).

Good thing is that it can be done without taking the whole thing apart, just open the back-plate and removing a heatsink is enough.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic