[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Prema do you know if it would be possible to fix the dGPU fan bug.

Just after booting or after using the 680M for a game etc the fan stays on medium speed.

I have to open the NVIDIA control panel and the fan then stops.

Really annoying bug. Is it likely caused by the EC?

It's a technical limitation. The EC gets no more temp readings from the GPU because it has gone to sleep, which is triggered on driver level, so the EC doesn't know what's going on and keeps spinning the fans as safety measure. It also wouldn't get any temp readings from the dGPU in other circumstances and if the stock command would be to disable the fan, then a lot of GPUs would get fried, so Clevo choose the smaller issue of noise over the bigger one RMA. ;)

(Workaround:Press FN+9/FN+1 twice to disable it manually after the the dGPU goes to sleep)

Ah Ok that makes sense.

Only thing is I'm sure it didn't used to do it with earlier BIOS/ECs.

Is it something they changed in later revisions and if so would you be able to put it back as it was?

I have an NP9370 with a keyboard with the Windows key on the left. I originally installed the K1 version before I noticed the K2 version. The odd thing is, no matter which version I use the Windows key always functions with the correct key (on the left side of the keyboard). I believe the keyboard I have is the latest "Windows 8" version. Which BIOS version should I be installing (or does it even matter)?

Got some weirdness with my P370EM3 from Metabox running the 2T bios and using a BCLK oc. Also using SVL7's modded bios (80.04.67.00.01) on both vid cards.

Using Nvidia 314.22 Drivers, Killer Networks 1202 1.0.25.1224

With SLi Enabled

Enabling BCLK change even one step up causes a black screen followed by a power down a few seconds later and Intel XTU complains it wasn't exited safely.

With SLi Disabled

Can enable the BCLK up to it's stable OC, somewhere around 105, Killer networks 1202 wireless card fails to connect to any wireless, and the SLi option disappears from the Nvidia control panel. The missing card and the wireless still fail when reset back to 100, a reboot is necessary to get them available again. The Video card still shows up in device manager.

Raid and all other features work ok, and I was able to swap my windows key back to the left side! (That was really irking me too!)

At least I have a rough idea of what BCLK my CPU can do. :)

Is anyone else having similar issues? Or has anyone running SLI GTX 680Ms used BCLK successfully?

I always had BIG problems booting with 4x8GB DDR3-1600 Geil CL10 on my P370EM (stock or modded bios).

I also always used all version of Prema modded bios (always 1T version). Usually after a few of fake boot (it does reboot 10/20 times until it reach bios post and than notebook will work for future restars without problems).

I just flashed Prema V2 1T (K1 edition) and after 50 autoreboot notebook still can't power on. So I removed 2x8GB and i flashed 2T version and i put all 32GB back. After many autoreboot, finally (after 2 hours), notebook started to works again...

So, notebook works really good with 1T or 2T, but it can't start easily (the first time after a bios flash or a clear cmos) with 32GB of ram. Than, after the first starts it will works normally. Why? It's possible to fix this problem?

prema, i thought u fixed the P150EM CPU throttling while using dGPU in the V2 bios? Because I think I'm stil encountering it on my P150EM rig, with 3610qm, 670M GTX.

Running Prime95 + MSI Kombustor, CPU throttled to 2.3GHz. Once I launch Throttlestop, CPU immediately shoots up to 3.1GHz.

So, notebook works really good with 1T or 2T, but it can't start easily (the first time after a bios flash or a clear cmos) with 32GB of ram. Than, after the first starts it will works normally. Why? It's possible to fix this problem?

The previous T1 Mod returned to T2 when boot failed, now 1T remains 1T no matter what...so stick to T2.

Clevo simply didn't do a good job to support certain brands of RAM.

Because of different length of traces on the motherboard it often helps to use each of the modules in a specific slot. So RAM no.1 may work best in slot 2 under the keyboard while RAM no.2 gives best stabillity in slot 1 under the bottom plate etc...

prema, i thought u fixed the P150EM CPU throttling while using dGPU in the V2 bios? Because I think I'm stil encountering it on my P150EM rig, with 3610qm, 670M GTX.

Running Prime95 + MSI Kombustor, CPU throttled to 2.3GHz. Once I launch Throttlestop, CPU immediately shoots up to 3.1GHz.

While it works for all CPUs on W-series, on P-EM Series It works only for some CPUs while others still disable Turbo...atm idk why. :62:

My laptop come from PWN PCS and I always use their bios. So, what can i do ? Simply update to the last stock bios & ec and after use your mod?

Just flash ahoy!

Prema, I just received my P150SM. It seems to have memory cap at 1600. My HyperX 2133 will only work at 1600. And CPU fan get stuck, keeps on running even though the cpu is in high 30 or lows 40C, only way to unstuck it is to run Fn+1 for a brief moment and it stops. Running Bios 06 end EC 04 from MySN.de site. Hope you can do some magic in this bios as well.

"W-Series (W110ER/ W150ER / W170ER / W350ER / W370ER)

- Added Full Fan Speed Mode (Press FN+1)"

Please tell me where I'm going wrong but pressing FN+1 is not currently doing anything other than disabling my touchpad, am i to take it that its a software conflict?

ignore my last message, don't do things on no sleep -.-

Prema, I just received my P150SM. It seems to have memory cap at 1600. My HyperX 2133 will only work at 1600. And CPU fan get stuck, keeps on running even though the cpu is in high 30 or lows 40C, only way to unstuck it is to run Fn+1 for a brief moment and it stops. Running Bios 06 end EC 04 from MySN.de site. Hope you can do some magic in this bios as well.

hey buddy, good to see u here as well on TI ;)

have u tried the sticks at 1866 mhz via xtu first? could be that 2133 at the comparably tight timings of the kingston sticks are just too much for the integrated memory controller in the cpu to handle...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jaybee83, you're suppose to be on vacation in greece =p ! Anyway I will try to thaiphoon my 2133 sticks down to 1866 speeds, but for now I'm using the memory sticks that came with the laptop, 16GB crucial 1600. I'm also on vacation,,,

Hi dudes, i have also a P150EM, i have checked EC/KBC version and BIOS version (it does match, bios 1.02.14 and EC/KBC 1.02.11), so ive decided to upgrade to a prema's mod bios (P150EM_17_11_PM_v2_K2) in order to control fan (little bit noisy...)

all is fine, the comp correctly boot after flashing bios, but....hotkeys dont works anymore (fn key) ? even if i get a new install of the setup, what can i do ?

Hi there, i have a Horize P150em

Bios date 12/19/2012 - 4.6.5.3

Bios revision 1.02.16 TLO

KBC/EC firmware revison 1.02.11

Windows key Left side

Would the latest prema's mod bios P150EM_17_11_PM_v2_K2 work on this one.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic