[BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock

Yep needs different EC...

EDIT: Sorry! I forgot something in the P370EMx Mods and the BCLK can not work. Huge THX @ Khenglish for pointing out my oversight!

Fixed versions up in the 20 min. :D

Am I lucky? I can use XTU with 3630QM on P150EM, everything is unlocked, is it the core current limit I have to use to get higher reference clock? can't get higher than 107 MHz

Nice. Best I can do stable is 104.17mhz. It can run at 105 for a bit sometimes, but eventually everything freezes. No BSOD, just a hard freeze. IVB is supposed to be a bit better than SB with BCLK overclocking though.

Core current limit is a hard power limit wall. The CPU will actually exceed the top TDP limit for very brief amounts of time, but the core current limit is something that is exceeded under absolutely no circumstance. The core current limit cannot cause instability.

Have you tried loosening your memory timings to try to get higher? If you are getting calculation errors, that is likely the issue.

@Prema

I take payment in 3920xms. Must be retail stepping since as we have found, clevos have issues with ESes :)

Am I lucky? I can use XTU with 3630QM on P150EM, everything is unlocked, is it the core current limit I have to use to get higher reference clock? can't get higher than 107 MHz

The Problem was only for P370EMx models. It's fixed now and new links are up!

ENJOY! :D

thanks for sticking with everytrhing prema all fixed now with new bios update......... reference available now in xtu!!!!!

btw just wondering can u suggest a common limit for blck for 3740qm , what is the best u have heard achevived??

A normal result would be around 104-105...please compare the checksum of your download for regular non 3D and it's 2T variant, two wrong files where online for about a minute...

Just read your message Prema. Do you still need those files dumped or shall we simply flash the updated BIOS'?

Just flash the new one. BCLK overclocking could not possibly work on the older version.

I noticed that the animated boot circle of Windows 8 is a little bit off (the predefined space in your boot logo is overlayed by a small square which is caused by the boot circle animation). Nothing major, but just for your interest and maybe a fix in a further BIOS version. So far, everything's running fine and the boot time has increased for me (because of the fixed SATA RAID delay).

Thanks again!

Edit:

Just checked, fixed version has been uploaded, the boot circle animation is now all good! Thank you Prema :)

Yeah your black circle in the logo just needs expanding a couple of mm on each side.

Also quite a bit of banding in the grey background, not sure if you can gradient that a bit better or your new logo would look ace on a black background :)

Other than that absolutely sterling work Prema. XTU and BCLK working a treat, thank you!

Also 1T working for my 16GB this time around whereas 2T was required previously.

Ah, well my tester told me the black square doesn't overlap...what to do if you can't test it yourself... :tire:

Anyway THX for the feedback, made a mental note to adjust the Win8 logo in future.

Yeah your black circle in the logo just needs expanding a couple of mm on each side.

Also quite a bit of banding in the grey background, not sure if you can gradient that a bit better or your new logo would look ace on a black background

I guess a screenshot would help a ton... :P I'm sure you have a camera somewhere.

Prema you rocks, I can now use T1 timing with your new bios!!! :20_003:, the bck is unlocked, the computer is running smoother than ever.

We just have to wait for intel and amd to fixe their drivers once and for all, and I'll be able to enjoy my computer without any issues.

Yeah sorry I used an iPhone for convenience so dynamic range is quite poor. It clearly shows the issues though.

The logo itself looks great, the background not so much. Personally I think a black background would rock.

Where did that puppy with the hand-grenade come from? :haha:

That's Snuffles for the comic strip "Pearls before Swine" which runs in many US newspapers.

That grenade most likely comes from another character there, guard duck. :D

... anyway, back to topic, lol. Great work with the logo, looks fantastic! Can you do one for my M15x? :P

That original has some serious banding too.

Not so much if you scale it 1:1 to your screen size, just press the zoom button or make it full screen on an FHD screen to see it 1:1.

• Guest changed the title to [BIOS/vBIOS - MODS] Prema Mod™ & Stock
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Brian unpinned this topic